Pivot indicators - page 36

Do you guys happens to have a "straight" Pivot lines indicator like this?

yearly,monthly pivots with mids - please add backtest remove function

Hi everyone,

Here are yearly and monthly pivot indicators from this thread with middlelines added - I find them very usefull.

Since I`m no coder I kindly ask someone of you to add turn the backtest off function - history lines make charts much less visible - current period lines only would be a serious improvement to theese indicators, because only them in fact matter in trading.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy trading longterm mids.

Patryk

projected pivots - approximating the next periods pivot

Hi,

I am looking for some a predictive (approximate) pivot positioning indicator.

What I am looking for is near the end of the day (or have it through out the day/week/month) showing with a simple line marker or similar what the pivot for the next day/week/month would be if it closed at that moment. A bit like an MA moving with the price action.

The idea is to place trades near the end of the day/week/month based on this approximate of what the next pivot will be.

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks!

M

Hi there,

I was once interested in pivots myself and I remember one showing close to what you're looking for. I attached a few on here for you to have a look.

Hope this helps,

Happy trading,

Ms_Mel

I think I found whrat Patryk and McB is looking for. I dont recall the author, so no credits, but here it is. One can specify the time-frame in minutes (default 240 min = 4 hours) and how far back do we want to display it (in the number of bars, including projected levels)

Cheers, Kris

Query on SDX - TzPivots

Hi,

I am quite new to forex, and I hope someone can advice me on this.

I have downloaded SDX - TzPivots for the MT4 I am using, after adjusting the time, the pivot point is very accurate and neat.

However, when I switch the timeframe from H1 to H4, the pivot value changes. for example, with the same indicator, the pivot level in H1 is 1.4730 for EURUSD, and with the same indicator, in H4, the pivot level is 1.4725.

Any advise on this really appreciated. Thanks!!!

mcbeanburger:
Hi,

I am looking for some a predictive (approximate) pivot positioning indicator.

What I am looking for is near the end of the day (or have it through out the day/week/month) showing with a simple line marker or similar what the pivot for the next day/week/month would be if it closed at that moment. A bit like an MA moving with the price action.

The idea is to place trades near the end of the day/week/month based on this approximate of what the next pivot will be.

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks!

M

Hi,

You may try PivotCrazy, but beacuse of sunday bar it gets shifted on my chart and a pivot calculation is not so acccurate - weekly - Tf = 7140 with sunday gap or 7200 without it. monthly - I never tried it - I use web calculator to count appr. future pivot points when month ends.

Regards,

Patryk

Patryk

Files:

Tokarus:
I think I found whrat Patryk and McB is looking for. I dont recall the author, so no credits, but here it is. One can specify the time-frame in minutes (default 240 min = 4 hours) and how far back do we want to display it (in the number of bars, including projected levels) Cheers, Kris

Thanks Kris

Cheers

Patryk

Pivot Indicator needed

Hi There,

First post on TSD - i think it's brilliant - some really talented people here so this was obviously the place for my request.

I am in need of an indicator and as i know nothing about programming i thought i would ask you clever lot!

1.I would like a PP (H+L+C)\3 marked as a blue trendline

2. I would like 2 lines 40 pips either way of PP marked as yellow

3. I would like 2 lines 110 pips either way of PP marked as red.

It's pretty simple so should be a breeze for you guys - I've attached a pic to hopefully let you see what i mean. The ability to change line colour/style and PIP range from PP would be an absolute brucey bonus.

Many Thanks

Rob

Files:
pivotzone.gif  43 kb

request

does any one have that indicators

Files:
Reason: