Elite indicators :) - page 195

mladen:
ValeoFX Here it is - in the example it is using default settings
_________________________ Parameters added :
ShowArrowsOn100_0 - do you want it to show the maximum-minimum touches (if set to false, it works as before, if set to true it shows arrows as you described it)

UseSignalLineFor100_0 - do you want the signal line to be used for maximum-minimum touches (it almost never touches those with default settings but maybe with some other settings it does - I did not test this par thoroughly, so the default setting for it is false - oscillator value is used for touches)

regards Mladen

==================================

Hi Mladen,

Thank you very much for this favour; much appreciated. It is doing precisely what I want it to do as per my attached screen-print. Major help.

Question plse regarding Line 258:

double gap = 3.0*iATR(NULL,0,20,i)/4.0;

Would you be kind enough to explain the function of the ATR in this instance, please?

Thanking you in advance.

ValeoFX

It simply calculates the distance of the arrow from high or low and takes care of a "visual appearance" of the arrow (so that it looks as if it is drawn at approximately same distance on every symbol and every time frame)

This way of calculating distance for an arrow is good since it does not depend on symbol nor does it depend on time frame. Just an example :

let say that an arrow is drawn at 10 pips distance on 15 minute EURUSD chart and it looks good. Now imagine same 10 pips distance on a weekly chart : the arrow would be "glued" (visually) to bar and it really looks messy.
ValeoFX:
==================================

Hi Mladen,

Thank you very much for this favour; much appreciated. It is doing precisely what I want it to do as per my attached screen-print. Major help.

Question plse regarding Line 258:

double gap = 3.0*iATR(NULL,0,20,i)/4.0;

Would you be kind enough to explain the function of the ATR in this instance, please?

Thanking you in advance.

HiLow Jurik histogram

Hi Mladen, I tried to make histogram of HiLow Jurik but can't figure out why is not working can you take a look? Also can you change MTF part so I'll be able to add custom timeframes like I did in swingline indy,

string sTfTable[] = {"M1","M5","M12","M15","M18","M30","H1","H4","D1","W1","MN"};

int iTfTable[] = {1,5,12,15,18,30,60,240,1440,10080,43200};

Thank you in advance.

Rsi

additional needsmladen,

Can you make this RSI an MTF & Interpolate?

also can you set it the Alarm to activate on the last closed candle, cuts down on the false noise.

Thank You

Ray

SSa Bars

MRtools,

Thanks for the alarm but you have to be careful about what you ask for,

1. The alarms are very abundent, can you make them work on the last closed candle only?

2. What did you mean by SSA recalculate , is that why there are so many alarms and would the last candle change fix it?

Thank you

Ray

PS: Watching the 1M candle, I can see that it repaints 2 candles back Maybe it can't be fixed!

mrtools:
Sorry for late reply was testing the alerts and they seem to be working, please just remember the recalculating nature of SSA.

Ray

Here you go

Made some other changes in the code too (you will see what is changed - some changes were necessary (arrows buffers for example, always must be cleared at the beginning of loop in order to prevent occasional repainting) and some are simply things I thought should be there). To let it work as the original one set the UseDifferenceCrossesto true, otherwise it is marking crosses of the 2 lines (but you will notice that those are practically the same)
PS: for alerts on closed bar set the alertsOnCurrentto false

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
additional needsmladen,

Can you make this RSI an MTF & Interpolate?

also can you set it the Alarm to activate on the last closed candle, cuts down on the false noise.

Thank You

Ray

Here is a pic

The arrows are what the indicators does now....the lines are what I'd like it to do...with the option to add the arrow, or a line, when the signal is triggered for a user defined one or two bars.

Hope that is clear.

Thanks

Ben

Edit - I may have missed a few lines.

Files:

Add e-mail to this indicator

Is there anyway to add a sendmail function to this indicator so that on the bar close of the current chart, if triggered, it sends an e-mail? It's an RSI/MACD indicator. I also wonder if it might have the option to use two consecutive bars, rather than just one bar. So both RSI and MACD must change for one bar, with the option for two bars.

Also, I noticed that sometimes this indicator goes a little wonky and puts arrows everywhere. Any ideas on that?

Thanks....

Ben

Ben

This is just a quick fix. Email was already there, it simply was commented out, The part about putting bars everywhere should be fixed too in this one.

But ... be careful with it. It uses future values in finding out the crosses, so keep in mind that in history it will look better than in real time. Because of this "future peeking" will see to make another one that will include the options you are looking for

regards

Mladen

bkennedype:
Is there anyway to add a sendmail function to this indicator so that on the bar close of the current chart, if triggered, it sends an e-mail? It's an RSI/MACD indicator. I also wonder if it might have the option to use two consecutive bars, rather than just on bar. So both RSI and MACD must change for one bar, with the option for two bars.

Also, I noticed that sometimes this indicator goes a little wonky and puts arrows everywhere. Any ideas on that?

Thanks....

Ben
Reason: