Elite indicators :) - page 177

ValeoFX:
==============================

Hi Mladen,

Once again a brilliant piece of work as you seem to strive towards thinking "outside of the box" all the time. I do appreciate you very much and thank you most sincerely for this favour bestowed on me.

You are a blessing to all of us.

================================

Good morning Mladen,

Indeed an excellent observation regarding the smoothing; thanks. I find that the 2,5 works best for me as I need to see where one could possibly add to your trade.

Just a question please regarding the coding; on Line152 you have the Arrow as "false" - is that correct?

It seems to function perfectly as it is, but I just need your confirmation please.

Wishing you a great day.

Peter

This one is made according to your description

A couple of explanations : the assumption is that if alf (adaptive laguerre filter) value lays within high-low of a bar then the close of that close must have been at some stage over or under the alf value too. Hence the checking just needs to check if the close is above or bellow the alf line in those cases and that is a sort of crossing (close above or bellow shows the type)
One problem arises from that : when it is a current bar, whenever the close crosses the alf line it needs to alert you a different type of crossing (since the previous type was different). So, in cases when the close "dances" around the alf line you can get a lot of alerts. Hence I do not recommend using the alertsOnCurrentfeature (alerting on current open bar) but just on a previous closed bar (alertsOnCurrentset to false)

Apart from alerts, arrows added too. In mtf mode arrows are shown only on the first bar belonging to the target time frame bar. Try it out, see if it is what you had in mind

peterke:
Mladen, would it be possible to add 2 alert options to the ALF indicator please.

The first is on the first touch of the AlF line per candle and the second is a close over or under the ALf line

Eg If price crosses from below ALF line and closes above on a single candle Alert shold signal twice ( once ofr the first touch and the second for the close over the ALF line)

Equally the same would apply if price started above the ALF line and closed under.

If possible can the Alert signal make sound and message and also place an arrow on the bar.

Your help with this would be appreciated

regards

Peter

ValeoFX

In that case the "false" means that it is not an up arrow (one procedure used for drawing both type of arrows, so it simply "tells" the procedure that it should draw a down arrow)

ValeoFX:
================================

Good morning Mladen,

Indeed an excellent observation regarding the smoothing; thanks. I find that the 2,5 works best for me as I need to see where one could possibly add to your trade.

Just a question please regarding the coding; on Line152 you have the Arrow as "false" - is that correct?

It seems to function perfectly as it is, but I just need your confirmation please.

Wishing you a great day.

regards

mladen

Files:

Alf

Mladen tks, its putting up more signals than I thought it would. Seems obvious now but didn't before. I will run for a few days and see how we go. I appreciate your taking the time to do this

rgds

PEter

mladen:
Peter

This one is made according to your description

A couple of explanations : the assumption is that if alf (adaptive laguerre filter) value lays within high-low of a bar then the close of that close must have been at some stage over or under the alf value too. Hence the checking just needs to check if the close is above or bellow the alf line in those cases and that is a sort of crossing (close above or bellow shows the type)
One problem arises from that : when it is a current bar, whenever the close crosses the alf line it needs to alert you a different type of crossing (since the previous type was different). So, in cases when the close "dances" around the alf line you can get a lot of alerts. Hence I do not recommend using the alertsOnCurrentfeature (alerting on current open bar) but just on a previous closed bar (alertsOnCurrentset to false)

Apart from alerts, arrows added too. In mtf mode arrows are shown only on the first bar belonging to the target time frame bar. Try it out, see if it is what you had in mind

ValeoFX

In that case the "false" means that it is not an up arrow (one procedure used for drawing both type of arrows, so it simply "tells" the procedure that it should draw a down arrow)

regards

mladen

Thanks Mladen

Hi Mladen,

Thanks for the explanation regarding the "arrows".

Best regards.

yama,

Here you go. As usual, arrows are at the beginning of the target time frame (at the first bar belonging to the target time frame bar)

regards

mladen

yama728:
This indicator is MACD. Please MTF...thanks!

Thanks!

Hello Mladen,

Always thank you.

My trader's life became very significant thanks to you.: :-)

Hello

Hello.

I have two asking.

first,

Please add MTF at Stochastic Cross indicator.

second,

Please add Zero lone cross arrows on current window at velocity indicator.

sorry my bad english...

Swingline

mLaden,

I'm trying to write a strat for swingline. The phrase "calculateValue = TimeFrame=="calculateValue".

1. What is it checking/

2. the buffers appear switchable. I tried Set label them to no avail.

How can I make Swingline reliably readable to a startegy?

The indicator looks geat on any chart.

Ray

Files:

Bollinger Squeeze

Hi,

Could you add MTF to Bollinger Squeeze?

thanks,

jim

Files:

Ray

It is rather sneaky How this indicator works is the following :
- if it is the current time frame, it calculates values, draws them to chart and that is all

- if it is demanded to draw other time frame than the current chart time frame, then it calls itself twice :

• first to check how many bars of the target time frame need to be recalculated (by setting the TimeFrame parameter to "returnBars")
  • then it calls itself again to calculate the values in the target time frame (by setting the TimeFrame parameter to "calculateValue") and then uses those values to draw them on a current time frame chart
That way, in some cases it behaves as if it is 3 separate indicators instead on just one

Buffers swdaand swdbare switchable - they are used to draw the color in an non-repainting way and it does not matter what is their order (as a matter of fact, in calculate mode it is completely irelevant in which order the buffers are arranged, since the indicator is never going to draw the values on chart in that mode, the only criteria is that they should be accessible from other code at a proper manner). In EA all you need is to read the trend buffer. The simplest way would be to call it this way :

currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,targetTimeFrame,"RK-Swingline","calculateValue",1,y);

[/php]That is the only value you need.

If that value is 1 than the trend is up, if that value is -1 then the trend is down (like in this example : attached it as a separate indicator too, but all you need is the part from the start routine and you can use it equally in EA too

[php]//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| call example |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

#property indicator_chart_window

//

//

//

//

//

int init() { return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

int start()

{

double currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,0,"RK-Swingline","calculateValue",1,0);

if (currentTrend==-1)

Comment("Swing line trend down");

else Comment("Swing line trend up");

return(0);

}

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
mLaden,

I'm trying to write a strat for swingline. The phrase "calculateValue = TimeFrame=="calculateValue".

1. What is it checking/

2. the buffers appear switchable. I tried Set label them to no avail.

How can I make Swingline reliably readable to a startegy?

The indicator looks geat on any chart.

Ray
Files:
Reason: