10points 3.mq4 - page 81

Jugulator sounds great, does everyone agree? It has changed quite a bit from 10Point3 even though the idea behind the whole thing is from there. Do we need to start a new thread or can it stay here?

So bluto, are your running this version in your testing then instead of the Goblin EA or both?

bluto:
Beautiful! In keeping with the tradition of the 10Point3 clone naming conventions...I think we need to give this creation a nice moniker...something like "Jugulator"!

mtaboneweb:
Jugulator sounds great, does everyone agree? It has changed quite a bit from 10Point3 even though the idea behind the whole thing is from there. Do we need to start a new thread or can it stay here? So bluto, are your running this version in your testing then instead of the Goblin EA or both?

By all means, your EA...or should I say Jugulator belongs here. It's your baby. That name was just a suggestion...call it whatever you like....I thought the whole Terminator thing was kinda cool...it differentiates from the standard 10Point3. By the way, sweet job on the coding...nice and modular and well appointed with comments.

Yes, I totally plan to test Jugulator along side of Goblin. Actually, I see no reason why we might not want to just consider Goblin as morphed into Jugulator with the concept that we continue consensus development until this thing becomes the Real Deal.

mtaboneweb:
Jugulator sounds great, does everyone agree? It has changed quite a bit from 10Point3 even though the idea behind the whole thing is from there. Do we need to start a new thread or can it stay here? So bluto, are your running this version in your testing then instead of the Goblin EA or both?

what time frame should it be running?

abrs70:
what time frame should it be running?

I think H1

popok_sakti

Time

The Goblin was designed to run on 1H time , what is the recomended time for the Jugulator ? I H or 4 H ?

I am running demos on H1 and H4 on 12 different currency pairs. If you want to run on H1 then you need to change the following 2 lines of code...

UpTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_H4, "Turbo_JVEL",7,-100,0,0);

DnTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_H4, "Turbo_JVEL",7,-100,1,0);

The lines above are for H4 TF but you could change PERIOD_H4 to PERIOD_H1 to run on an H1 TF.

MiniMe:
The Goblin was designed to run on 1H time , what is the recomended time for the Jugulator ? I H or 4 H ?

bluto:
By all means, your EA...or should I say Jugulator belongs here. It's your baby. That name was just a suggestion...call it whatever you like....I thought the whole Terminator thing was kinda cool...it differentiates from the standard 10Point3. By the way, sweet job on the coding...nice and modular and well appointed with comments. Yes, I totally plan to test Jugulator along side of Goblin. Actually, I see no reason why we might not want to just consider Goblin as morphed into Jugulator with the concept that we continue consensus development until this thing becomes the Real Deal.

Thanks for the vote bluto but in all fairness this EA belongs to everyone here you included. If it were not for 10Point3, Terminator, and Goblin then my revised version would most likely not exist and the support on this thread has been amazing. My thanks to John for starting the whole ball rolling and keeping it alive for so long. I am glad you like the organization in the new code. Being a programmer it was important for me to lay it all out in a way that made sense so that it can easily adapt as we try to improve it to work for all. I really do like the "Jugulator" idea because the method behind this EA keeps tightening its grasp until profit is achieved. I wont repost as that right now but will make it that way the next time something is done (bug fix/enhancement) or we all determine it's working good as is. Whichever comes first. Thanks again for all the support.

the Jugulator

Quick response mtaboneweb , thanks a lot

Since there are combined forces between the Goblin (Bluto) and the 10Points3_Dynamic_Stop_v2.2 (mtaboneweb) to create the Jugulator( good job guys), I would suggest to work only on one version (Jugulator001for example), and would suggest either we create a new post or rename this one.

Now there are a couple copies of Goblin, Goblin Fib and I am not sure how many of the 10point3, different people running different live testing.

The results are quite important to create a better EA

What do you think ?

Fadi

i am going to use setting as below since the backtest result was tremendous

take profit = 20

max trade = 10

pip = 8

does this EA has initial stop? when it opens position, the stop was set too... normally during major news stop loss always got hit...

1 suggestion, can you code the EA not to open during flat market? normally market will flat 1-2 hours before news... the weakness about 10p3 is it always open positions that will trap itself...

or we just trade during asia and london... we trade non-US pair in US session maybe...

MiniMe:
Quick response mtaboneweb , thanks a lot

Since there are combined forces between the Goblin (Bluto) and the 10Points3_Dynamic_Stop_v2.2 (mtaboneweb) to create the Jugulator( good job guys), I would suggest to work only on one version (Jugulator001for example), and would suggest either we create a new post or rename this one.

Now there are a couple copies of Goblin, Goblin Fib and I am not sure how many of the 10point3, different people running different live testing.

The results are quite important to create a better EA

What do you think ?

Fadi

We can possibly incorporate the fib version of goblin into the new Jugulator version although I think the fib version opens new positions based on fib levels and not a predetermined pip spread? Using fib levels seems to make sense, it could be a good addition.

Reason: