10points 3.mq4 - page 82

abrs70:
i am going to use setting as below since the backtest result was tremendous

take profit = 20

max trade = 10

pip = 8

does this EA has initial stop? when it opens position, the stop was set too... normally during major news stop loss always got hit...

1 suggestion, can you code the EA not to open during flat market? normally market will flat 1-2 hours before news... the weakness about 10p3 is it always open positions that will trap itself...

or we just trade during asia and london... we trade non-US pair in US session maybe...

This EA always sets a stop on all orders it opens based on MaxOrders X Pips.

mtaboneweb:
This EA always sets a stop on all orders it opens based on MaxOrders X Pips.

can you code to hedge them at the stop loss point? once the trend back to same trend when 1st order opened, close the hedge positions...

tf

Nice work on these 2 EA'S. But you have had a ranging and up market on the Euro. (All markets have been fairly consistent in their direction). The market will fall faster than it went up, once it decides to turn. How are you going to determine that move??? 1) What do the big boys look at to decide if a major trend is over? 2) What indicators are good for identifying a major reversal??? Once you can answer these 2 questions, you can look at a potential place to start a hedge. As soon as a counter trend is identified, hedge is removed and then business as usual for the EA. Does anybody else have any ideas here. Putting a hedge on is like hitting a pause button until direction is determined but you don't want to hit the pause button for every big move against you, because for all you know it is still in the range and will come back.

Various EAs

MiniMe:
Quick response mtaboneweb , thanks a lot

Since there are combined forces between the Goblin (Bluto) and the 10Points3_Dynamic_Stop_v2.2 (mtaboneweb) to create the Jugulator( good job guys), I would suggest to work only on one version (Jugulator001for example), and would suggest either we create a new post or rename this one.

Now there are a couple copies of Goblin, Goblin Fib and I am not sure how many of the 10point3, different people running different live testing.

The results are quite important to create a better EA

What do you think ?

Fadi

I have to agree that there are many different EAs being forward tested and it would be a good idea to set a couple to test with different settings.

As far as changing the title of the thread I tried that when we introduced DLM but all I could do was change the title of the first post and the thread remained the same.

I am currently testing:-

Goblin1

GoblinFibo1.2

10points3 Dynamic Stop

10points3 loss cutoff AZemsjoflo[1]

10points3 v2 Jugulator

Terminator v2.02

I have come to the conclusion that using the available option in 10points to use MaxTrades13+ dropping down to 1.5 progression is not a good option unless the TP is considerably raised from the 20TP that I was using. I have had several trades close off in a loss situation the more volatile of the pairs.

I want to rationalise my forward testing and will continue to test GoblinFibo1.2 with it's reduced progression and 10points3 v2 Jugulator with the results to be posted here. I will revert to my original settings but take into consideration the default settings provided.

John

For some reason when I start this v2 EA, EUR/USD does a trade in a matter of seconds with -90. Wierd

yeoeleven:
I have to agree that there are many different EAs being forward tested and it would be a good idea to set a couple to test with different settings.

As far as changing the title of the thread I tried that when we introduced DLM but all I could do was change the title of the first post and the thread remained the same.

Goblin1

GoblinFibo1.2

10points3 Dynamic Stop

10points3 v2 Jugulator

Terminator v2.02

I have come to the conclusion that using the available option in 10points to use MaxTrades13+ dropping down to 1.5 progression is not a good option unless the TP is considerably raised from the 20TP that I was using. I have had several trades close off in a loss situation the more volatile of the pairs.

I want to rationalise my forward testing and will continue to test GoblinFibo1.2 with it's reduced progression and 10points3 v2 Jugulator with the results to be posted here. I will revert to my original settings but take into consideration the default settings provided.

John

another idea can be adopted in this type of EA is that we filter the entry based on HIGH and LOW using thomas pivot calculation. When high area, SELL, when low area, BUY.

yeoeleven:

Goblin1

GoblinFibo1.2

10points3 Dynamic Stop

10points3 v2 Jugulator

Terminator v2.02

John

Jugulator is the same as 10points3 Dynamic Stop_V2?

SloForeX:
Jugulator is the same as 10points3 Dynamic Stop_V2?

Yea!! One in the same!!

Someone mentioned Fibonacci Progression ?

Hey mtaboneweb,

In OrderNeedsOpening(); I placed the 'Increase Lot Size' code above the placing of additional buy or sell orders, instead of pasting the code twice.

Also feel free to add this to your next revision if you wish.

Oh ya, I'm sure your going to shorten the name soon!

I added a boolean 'FiboProgression', set it to 'True' if you want to use Fibonnaci Progression for increased lot sizes INSTEAD of 'LotsIncreaseBy'.

Tested it some, seemed to work. Post problems if any.

*EDIT* it does something wierd with the MM, using .01 Lots, it applies MM to the first lot only, then the regular progression kicks in.

This is while using Fibo. I'll try and look at it tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.( .10, .01, .02, .03 ) example

*EDIT* Redownload this mq4, I had it set to 1H charts instead of the default 4H charts, fixed and reuploaded.

enjoy,

Tross

Turbo JVEL output

Hi, I am trying to work out what is happening with the TrendVal output from the Turbo_ JVEL. I have the indicator up on a four hour chart with the settings as per the ea, that is 7 and -100. It is showing a reading of -.009 and is showing a red bar which seems right.

On the chart comments for the ea it says weak uptrend/ranging and shows a value of .0022.

The Turbo_JVEL(4 hour) has been negative from the chart indicator for the last 20 hours or so.

Anyone else having the same thing or can explain why?

Reason: