10points 3.mq4 - page 84

Help

Matt,

something has gone dramatically wrong here. (Jugulatorv1.1)

The EA is taking the wrong direction and closing off after a few pips.

I have included a GIF of the trade plus a detailed statement.

I am using the following settings on a H1 timeframe.

LotSize=0.01000000

LotPrecision=1

TakeProfit=20.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

LotsIncreaseBy=1.60000000

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=5

AccountType=1

Magic=20061113

No doubt I have stuffed up somewhere, please analyse my results and set me straight.

John

Files:
jug1.htm  55 kb
jug.gif  44 kb
jug1.gif  5 kb

Same problem

yeoeleven:
Matt,

something has gone dramatically wrong here. (Jugulatorv1.1)

The EA is taking the wrong direction and closing off after a few pips.

I have included a GIF of the trade plus a detailed statement.

I am using the following settings on a H1 timeframe.

LotSize=0.01000000

LotPrecision=1

TakeProfit=20.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=5

AccountType=1

Magic=20061113

No doubt I have stuffed up somewhere, please analyse my results and set me straight.

John

yeoeleven, Matt,

I have the same problem. When LotSize=0.01 its losing money fast,

if LotSize=0.1 it makes money. I am testing on IBFX standard account.

Tross:
Imx2000

Can you post the settings that you are using ?

Especially, do you have FiboProgression set to true ?

Or what is your LotProgression set to ?

Also are you using different magic numbers for your different pairs ?

Although I'm not sure that's necessary, I haven't examined the Jug code yet.

Tross

Hi Tross,my setting as below:

LotSize=0.10000000

LotPrecision=1

TakeProfit=38.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=10

AccountType=0

Magic=20061113

For the 4 pairs, I use the same magic number,and just like yeoeleven said, the EA close some of the orders without any profit.It is a little strange.There must be some bugs exist.

What does the Magic Number do? How do i know what works best?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
What does the Magic Number do? How do i know what works best? Thanks

make it 666 and don't ask why

Oh by the way neither of EAs found here makes any prophit. Tested with different settings. All they do is a margin call. Or spend everything till they don't have enough money for a trade.

Forward testing

Whilst we are waiting for advice on the Jugulator's trading with .01 lots I will post my detailed report on the original 10points 3 Dynamic Stop.

After starting the week with MaxTrades13 and a 1.5 progression I found that the TP20 was not high enough to close trades over MaxTrades4 in profit so I reverted back to my original settings and the EA got back on track. This was also true of my testing of Goblin1.

There has been much said about the workings of 10points 3 Dynamic Stop but to date none of my testing of the replacements has proved to be superior but we are all hopeful of improvements that will turn their results around.

John

Files:
10points313.htm  99 kb
goblin8.htm  116 kb
goblin8.gif  6 kb

yeoeleven:
Whilst we are waiting for advice on the Jugulator's trading with .01 lots I will post my detailed report on the original 10points 3 Dynamic Stop.

After starting the week with MaxTrades13 and a 1.5 progression I found that the TP20 was not high enough to close trades over MaxTrades4 in profit so I reverted back to my original settings and the EA got back on track. This was also true of my testing of Goblin1.

There has been much said about the workings of 10points 3 Dynamic Stop but to date none of my testing of the replacements has proved to be superior but we are all hopeful of improvements that will turn their results around.

John

So you've gon back to your regular settings with MaxT=4 and Account protection=1?

Jugulator 1.1 Partial Explanation

The magic number is used when checking the orders. It is set to something unique (any number you want) and then used with the Symbol to determine that you are looking at an order placed by the EA. Any other orders could be placed manually or otherwise but they would not have the magic number assigned by the EA.

As far as the 0.01 issue or orders going in the wrong direction, I will most definetly take a look. My demos all start with .1 so I will change and take a look at what it does. The EA does not close orders forcefully unless they drop below what is the known amount that should be opened. ConfirmedOrders is what is counted and ActualOrders is what the EA think there should be based on what it knows that it opened. If ConfirmedOrders is less the the EA closes all other open orders for that symbol because one or more orders closed for some reason. Either an order hit its TP or one or more hit its SL all all the others haven't been closed yet. When an order hits its TP then the order is closed by the software and then on the next tick when the EA fires (executes) it would notice that the ConfirmedOrders are less than ActualOrders (placed by the EA) and attempt to force a close on all other orders of that same pair with that same magic number if more than one order was opened. The only other time the account would close any order(s) is if they hit the SL designated which would be you max orders times the pips in between.

My computer went into hibernate again sometime last night but all the orders seem to be where they should be. We have had some power issues in our building this week so testing, hopefully, will not be to far off.

Here is the H4 TF results with all settings as they are by default...

Jugulator 1.1

Here is the H1 TF results with all settings as they are by default...

UpTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_H1, "Turbo_JVEL",7,-100,0,0);

DnTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_H1, "Turbo_JVEL",7,-100,1,0);

Settings

matrixebiz:
So you've gon back to your regular settings with MaxT=4 and Account protection=1?

Below are my original settings for both 10points3 and Goblin. I use the same Magic Number since I have only one EA working on the platform at any one time.

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000