Buy a profitable EA! - page 11

Georgiy Merts:

I don't get it. I've said it more than once - in the next few days the TC League will be available via Shared Projects - compile, and after that - set the right magician, and everything will work. Anyone will be able to choose the exact "TC portfolio" they want. In the tester, everything will work without any restrictions. Who wants to open a free signal - the needed TS will work on a demo or real account.

What "gravitsapa KU"?

Why deal with something that does not cost anything?

Реter Konow:

If you put them all on the demo, and put the profitable ones on the real, then what are the selection criteria for them? The ones that trade in the plus on the demo, put them on the real and that's it.

Yes, like I say - all 672 TS are standing and always working on demo. In my reporting tables the build date is the date of installation on the demo. Up to that point there was a two year optimization period (one year back and one year forward), and all reflected trading is work on the demo account.

But, selection criteria, as it turns out, are needed. I take those ones that trade on the demo account and put them on the real account - and then they stop trading on the plus side and get into drawdown, or even show a "test shot". For half a year my TS on pound dollar channel breakdown with fixed TP and SL has been showing excellent results. I earned $180 with minimal lot. But then - bang, and it started to fail. And now it's not even in the top division of the league.

It's not enough for the system to perform well. It has to be sustainable. The selection criterion must maximise the likelihood that CU will continue to perform the way it is now. And on this issue, alas, there has been no progress so far.

Olga Devitsyna:

Why engage in something that is worthless?

Firstly, not everything we do is "worth it". And what's more, a lot of things we pay for ourselves. You eat, sleep, live - and no one is paying you for that, on the contrary, you're paying for it yourself... So ask yourself - why are you doing this?

Secondly, if the value is not measured directly in money, then why is it "worthless"? At least the attention of forum users is very good for my Ego. Besides, my goal was not to make money, but to have a set of Expert Advisors, which have been tested on the history and would show good results on the demo. And I've got it. And this, in my opinion, increases the probability of profit in the long run.

that's... that's what I'm doing...

Georgiy Merts:

It is not enough for the system to show good results. It must be sustainable. The selection criterion should maximise the probability that the TS will continue to show the results it has now. And with this issue, alas, there has been no progress so far.

I mean, a demo is not enough. You need criteria for the sustainability of strategies to be sure that you can rely on them. But, then you need to analyze the state of the Market and the principles of the chosen strategy. Or you want to come up with a magic formula?)))

Реter Konow:

That is, a demo is not enough. You need criteria for the sustainability of strategies to be sure you can rely on them. But, then you need to analyze the state of the Market and the principles of the chosen strategy. Or do you want to come up with a magic formula to choose?)))

Not a formula, but a methodology. Here we have the result of testing of several systems. We have the result of their work on the demo. However, if we look one week later, we will see that some systems have remained at their places in the rating (so they retain the quality of trading) and some other systems have either fallen dramatically or even "suffered a control shot". Sometimes, vice versa happens - in a week some system that was not very good during the testing period and had hardly showed good results on the demo one.

The task is to create such a procedure of selecting TSs that would have a high probability of selecting those systems which maintain the quality of their trade for a long time.

Olga Devitsyna:

Why engage in something that is worthless?

Any research and experience is worth something, for example knowledge.

You just don't understand it, because you don't need it).

Georgiy Merts:

Not a formula, but a methodology. Here, there is the result of testing several systems. There is a result of their work on the demo. However, if we look a week later, we will see that some systems have remained at their places in the rating (so they retain the trading quality) and some other systems have either considerably dropped down or even "got a clear shot". Sometimes, vice versa happens - in a week some system that did not show good results both during the testing period and during the demo one hardly dabbled at zero has entered the rating.

The task - to form such an order of the selection of the TS, which would have a high probability of selecting systems, which preserve the quality of their trade for a long time.

Two things can be drawn from all this:

1. A beautiful show exploring the life and death of trading systems in the market.)

2. A long study of the nature of the systems used, in order to obtain a"criterion for preserving the quality of trading".

In fact, the criterion is primitively simple (any tester will confirm it):

A TS must get into the dynamics of the Market for which it was developed in time, and get out of the Market in time when the dynamics change, giving its place to another TS. It means you need to analyze the current market dynamics, and know how your TS trade.

Nikolai Semko:
because the vast majority of people start to degrade when they get their hands on free money

You have to be degraded before you get your hands on free money!

multiplicator:

You have to degrade yourself before you get your hands on free money!

I have many examples in my life where people degraded precisely with the arrival of big, flimsy sums of money. Unfortunately, I was no exception myself. It's just that not everyone can admit it to themselves.

Реter Konow:

Two things can be deduced from all this:

1. A beautiful show exploring the life and death of trading systems in the Market.)

2. A long study of the essence of the systems used, in order to obtainthe "criterion for preserving the quality of trading".

In fact, the criterion is primitively simple (any tester will confirm it):

A TS must get into the dynamics of the Market for which it was developed in time, and get out of the Market in time, when the dynamics change, giving way to another TS. So, you need to analyze the current market dynamics, and know how your TS trade.

Exactly right! :-)

Reason: