Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 354

I noticed that the EA that was connected to the chart when I was logged into the demo account remains active even when I am logged into the real account. It turns out that it will work on a real account? If so, we need different programs (2 copies of the program) for demo and for real, right?

okidoki543:

Questions:

If I change the timeframe on the chart, will all EA settings be lost? That is, can I change the timeframe on the chart where the EA is installed?

I have closed charts in the real account where I have installed EA (I did not figure out how to delete EAs otherwise). Have the EAs been deleted or not?

Does the EA work when I am not connected to MT4 via internet?

1. The settings will not be lost, but the EA will restart.

2. This is a question, you have to try..... Actually, in order to delete the EA, right click on OWNERS>REMOVE. You simply turn off the EA. There is of course a button that prohibits/allows all EAs to trade. It is possible to forbid a certain EA to trade. EAS>PROPERTIES>BID_ADVISOR_TRADE. When the EA trades, in the upper right corner, the face smiles))

3. EA does not work if connection with DC is interrupted.

P.S/ Delete here does not mean physically destroy, just disconnect from chart.

Sepulca:

3. The EA does not work if the connection to the DC is interrupted.

Am I correct in assuming that the performance of the EA does not depend on whether I am online in MT4 or not?

Sepulca:

3. The EA does not work if the connection to the DC is interrupted.

I'd put it this way:

Even if you unplug your computer and blow up the city substation, the EA will still be looking over your shoulder and rattling the chains at night...

okidoki543:

Am I correct in assuming that the performance of the EA does not depend on whether I am online in MT4 or not?

The Expert Advisor works like this: When a new quote comes, it runs a full cycle and stops waiting for the next quote to come. At the arrival of the next quote it starts again, but uses those data and values of variables, which were changed in its previous cycle.

If a new quote (tick) arrived during the next cycle, but the Expert Advisor hasn't finished the cycle yet, then this tick is skipped.

Now think about it. If there is no connection to the Internet, the tick will come or not.

okidoki543:

No not right, if you don't use VPS, the connection is interrupted, that's it...screw it.....Our only hope is for a stoploss with a takeprofit. Actually artmedia made me laugh)))))))))))

The original EA seems to be working fine. It opened my bai on the minute. Now I have switched it off, leaving only my own, spiked. It should close these bai when the muving crosses back. We'll see.

artmedia70, thanks.

Very interested in the answers to the questions:

I cannot test the source code (which both opens and closes positions) on the MT4 tester. When I press "Start" there is a beeping sound (like a chick) and that is all, nothing is tested. What should I do?

I noticed that the EA attached to the chart when I logged into my demo account remains active even when I log into my real account. It turns out that it will work on a real account? If so, we need different programs (2 copies of the program) for demo and for real, right?

Oh, by the way, I trade cryptocurrency through MT4, that's why I'm asking here. I don't really do forex.

okidoki543:
Oh, by the way, I trade cryptocurrency through MT4, that's why I'm asking here. I don't really do forex.
Frankly speaking, it's a bit creepy, although bitcoin has been growing a lot....

Sepulca:
No it isn't, if you don't use a VPS, the connection is broken, that's it...screw it.....There's only hope for stoploss and takeprofit. Actually artmedia makes you laugh)))))))))))

I see, so it's a difference of opinion. I'll check that on the minute as well.
Reason: