Martingale is Evil?! - page 12

So I'm waiting to be bombarded with all sorts of clever phrases like utopia... it won't work... fitting and all that... <br / translate="no">
Konstantin, if I didn't know you by correspondence, I probably would have written so :) But you don't look like a beginner; besides, your entries apparently aren't random at all, as usual in martin.
Just remember that equity drawdown (and it is significant) is a loss of real money. Your maximum relative drawdown is almost 60% and almost equal to your initial deposit. Are you willing to accept that figure?
Here's what I would think: if entries are not random, it means that the system uses technical analysis and, perhaps, has a positive expected payoff. Why have you chosen martin as a means of risk management?
Can you modify the system to check it without martin? Maybe the equity drawdown will also become smaller?

Lord_Shadows >>:
Максимальная просадка 59810.40 (22.97%)

Doesn't it bother you that the drawdown is more than 2 times the initial deposit.... After all, this can happen at any time, such as at the start...
The aim of Martingale is to achieve a given level of profit in a series of trades, i.e. when averaging a losing position, we calculate the breakeven level + profit, which is distributed to all averaged positions...

Mathemat >>:
Константин, если бы я не знал тебя по переписке, наверно, так и написал бы :) Но ты не похож на новичка; кроме того, твои входы, видимо, совсем не случайны, как обычно в мартине.
Просто помни о том, что просадка эквити (а она значительна) - это потеря реальных денег. Твоя максимальная относительная просадка - почти 60% и почти равна начальному депозиту. Ты готов смириться с этой цифрой?
Я бы вот о чем подумал: если входы неслучайны, то, значит, система использует технический анализ и, возможно, имеет положительное матожидание сделки. Почему ты выбрал именно мартин в качестве средства управления риском?
Ты можешь модифицировать систему так, чтобы проверить ее вчистую, без мартина? Может, и просадки эквити станут меньше?

Greetings Alexei.
I've tested it without martin... It's not a loser for sure, but there's no such stable profits at all. That the system has huge drawdowns, yes, but... In contrast to the classical martingale, each lot has the same risk and the same profit, therefore, when I make the biggest entry in one trade, I get the biggest profit. In general the risk is proportional to the profit. Roughly it is as follows: enter 0.1 lot and risk X points profit Y points, therefore for 1.0 lot will be risk 10 * X and profit 10 * Y. Therefore the graph of balance growth jumps when the deposit is loaded large, rather than smoothly grows.

kharko >>:
Не смущает, что просадка в более чем 2 раза больше начального депозита.... Ведь такое может случится в любой момент, например, в момент старта...
Цель Мартингейла достигнут заданного уровня профита в серии сделок, т.е. при усреднении убыточной позиции вычисляем уровень безубытка + профит, который распределяется на все усредненные позиции...

Alexei... You probably know that the drawdown in the tester is not quite correctly calculated. I have inserted a report with s-Analyzer for proper understanding.

Lord_Shadows >>:

Алексей... Вы же наверняка знаете что просадка в тестере считается не совсем корректно. Я для правильного понимания вставил отчёт с помощью s-Analyzer.

Kostya, the drawdown in the tester counts correctly... I've checked it more than once - it all adds up... Martingale hides real risks that can be seen in the tester... Equity drawdown is what is not visible on the straight from the demo or real account.

kharko >>:

Костя, просадка в тестере считается правильно... Я не раз проверял - все сходится... Мартингейл скрывает реальные риски, которые можно увидеть в тестере... Просадка по эквити - это, то что невидно на стейте с демо-счета или реал-счета.

Alexey, it's not so good then (although I've written no rose-coloured glasses)...
Have to check with introducing the concept of starting depot and simulating a stop out in the tester...
Thanks...

Lord_Shadows >>:
Алексей, тогда всё не так хорошо (хотя я писал-розовых очков у меня нет)...
Надо проверить с введением понятия стартовый депо и имитацией стоп-аута в тестере...
Спасибо...

I once threw a simple Excel martin engine in one of the threads (I don't remember the name, but I don't need it. There is an engine). Yesterday late at night I wanted to throw here modified version with more adjustments. Tonight I may still tweak it and throw it here. The essence is that with positive (>50%) mathematical expectation the antimartin is much more profitable. It will be possible to visually verify, and even play with settings. Do you need it?

MetaDriver >>:

Я как-то кидал простенький движок на Excel'е по мартину в одну из веток (щас название не вспомню, но это и не надо. движок есть.). Вчера поздно вечером хотел сюда кинуть модифицированный вариант с большим количеством регулировок. Вечером сегодня может всё же подправлю и кину. Суть в том, что при положительном (>50%) матожидании анти мартин куда выгоднее. В чём можно будет наглядно убедиться, и даже поиграться с регулировками. Надо?

I'm not particularly friendly with Excel, so I'm not, but if anyone needs it, let them write it down.
The fact that the anti-martin can be much more profitable is not strange.
For me it is not a question of one thing and nothing else.
I am just looking for one.
Of course, sometimes falling into the abyss, but if you stand still, it is not a fact that something will be profitable.
Once again, this is just an EXPERIMENT.
P.S. And in view of the fact that the DC on the micro-real constantly oppose me, perhaps in the near future will stop at the time of modifications and improvements.

MetaDriver >>:

Я как-то кидал простенький движок на Excel'е по мартину в одну из веток (щас название не вспомню, но это и не надо. движок есть.). Вчера поздно вечером хотел сюда кинуть модифицированный вариант с большим количеством регулировок. Вечером сегодня может всё же подправлю и кину. Суть в том, что при положительном (>50%) матожидании анти мартин куда выгоднее. В чём можно будет наглядно убедиться, и даже поиграться с регулировками. Надо?

It will be interesting to see, I'm also experimenting with adding lots, the only thing I came to was that Martin makes sense if you make an EA with staking direction, i.e. one EA in its logic puts more orders to buy (up to forcing every third order to buy even if the previous two were effective - i.e. to force break of the staking logic), and the other to sell, the one that was more effective during the time interval, that is the road for the next hour

IgorM >>:
интересно посмотреть,....

OK, I'll post it when I get home.

Reason: