10points 3.mq4 - page 296

Which release are you using? Can you post the trade log also?

Which Pair and What Timeframe?

thank you...

Files:
10points3.mq4  10 kb
1.set  3 kb

I haven't checked out this thread for ages but it looks like some interesting progress has been made!

@xpsuperuser, you seem to have hit on a nice 'sweetspot' with those presets you posted, well done. On a 50k account, 'i10point3' kills it within a few trades when using the original settings...

Also, I'm curious as to what your Modelling Quality was for that test and where you sourced the data - I presume post get it through MT itself now? I tested GBPUSD over the exact same timeperiod with 89.96% modelling quality and achieved the equity curve below. Very nice result but I am just wondering why there are obvious differences from the one you posted.

I am constantly underwhelmed by the MT backtester results...

Files:

to get the same results as me, you must do the following things in MT4

here the link:

MT4 Backtesting Threads

then you must also update the history data with the download button in the history options in MT4.

byee xp

xpsuperuser:
to get the same results as me, you must do the following things in MT4

here the link:

MT4 Backtesting Threads

then you must also update the history data with the download button in the history options in MT4.

byee xp

I appreciate the response. However I have been using MT for several years now and am well versed in the backtesting procedure. Also, my modelling quality (89.96%) indicated that my data did not account for the decrepancy - afterall, you cannot get higher than 90% without using tick data.

However out of curiousity, I deleted the entire GBPUSD data cache and downloaded 'fresh' data - below is the equity curve. While the details were not dollar-identical (very close though), the equity curve is virtually identical to my previous backtest.

Please don't mis-understand, I am not questioning your results, I am more interested in verifying whether MT returns identical results (or at least very similar) when users are using identical data/period/presets.

On that, I would be grateful if others would post their equity curves using xpsuperuser's setting and timeperiod for GBPUSD - please specify the modelling quality, if it's not 89-90% you know you are doing something wrong!

Afterall, while it may not 'prove' these results would be replicated in real-life, it would give an indication about the dependability of the MT Backtester.

Files:

Reason: