10points 3.mq4 - page 294

hello

master001:
it is only for GBPUSD.

thanks

hello

does this ea requeir any indicator

It requires the Turbo-JMA. It can be downloaded from post2878.

hi

saintmo:
It requires the Turbo-JMA. It can be downloaded from post2878.

thanks,but how we can do to make it trade on all currency!!!!

hello

You have to open one by one timeframe eg. usdjpy chart, set ATR to 1, and look what are the levels of volatility. Then place the values for every timeframe in the EA. Dont forget to adjust T-JMA settings. It needs hard work to catch the individual characteritics of the crosses.

master001

Hello,

From my little experience w/ this thread, I'd like to point out that w/ 5,000+ trades, the backtester is not removing spread. So unless spread deduction is hardcoded into the EA, that linear graph will be a loser IMHO.

Regards,

Tom

saintmo:
More test results. It certainly seems like the market environment makes a huge difference in the results for this EA.

I tried to optimize for 2007 period for eur/usd for 30 min. I was unable to find any profitable settings. (There may be some but I will have to expand tests to find out. I tried to optimize SL1, TP1, ATRVAL4 & ATRPeriod4.)

Then I tried eur/usd using 15 min TF and default options for 2007 with similar results to 30 min posted above. Gradual losses. See below.

Then I tried eur/usd using 15min TF and default options for the period July 2004 through December 2005 with significantly better and positive results as well as a low drawdown. See below.

Hello,

From my little experience w/ this thread, I'd like to point out that w/ 5,000+ trades, the backtester is not removing spread. So unless spread deduction is hardcoded into the EA, that linear graph will be a loser IMHO.

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

Very interesting. I don't know whether this is the case or not, but why do you suspect that?

Earlier today I accidentally put 0 in the SL field (default 100). When I came back to check the results the balance had gone from $50,000 to almost zero (took about 3 months worth of trades). Looking at the results I noticed 99% of the trade entries were for -$4. Since this was for the gbp/usd pair with a spread of 4 pips (trading .1 lot) wouldn't this be evidence of the EA recognizing the spread? Or am I missing the point?

Thanks,

saintmo

RMI results

Hi everybody,

I didn't post for a while as I was too busy, so I don't know about new evolutions of 10.3.

I'm still testing RMI and it's giving good results.

I join statements below. 1st and 2sd are a 3 month's testing and when account expired, I opened a new one.

I also join the set files (I don't remember exactly but I think it's David's settings)

Hope that help

Thierry

I have not looked at the MQL for this EA, but MT4 does not remove spreads in the backtests.... at least not any version I've come across.

The only way I've been able to get accurate backtests is to store all the spread costs in a variable, and print them to a log. Then I subtract the spread from the profits generated.

And if you want to get REALLY accurate, you use another variable called balance and set:

balance = AccountBalance() - spread;

Then you use the balance variable to set your fixed lots instead of AccountBalance().

Rather complex, might require a reread or two.

saintmo:
Tom,

Very interesting. I don't know whether this is the case or not, but why do you suspect that?

Earlier today I accidentally put 0 in the SL field (default 100). When I came back to check the results the balance had gone from $50,000 to almost zero (took about 3 months worth of trades). Looking at the results I noticed 99% of the trade entries were for -$4. Since this was for the gbp/usd pair with a spread of 4 pips (trading .1 lot) wouldn't this be evidence of the EA recognizing the spread? Or am I missing the point?

Thanks,

saintmo

Hi everybody,

I didn't post for a while as I was too busy, so I don't know about new evolutions of 10.3.

I'm still testing RMI and it's giving good results.

I join statements below. 1st and 2sd are a 3 month's testing and when account expired, I opened a new one.

I also join the set files (I don't remember exactly but I think it's David's settings)

Hope that help

Thierry

Thanks for the info, but since there are so many versions could you post the one you are using? Or reference the post number where it can be found.

Thanks,

saintmo

Reason: