Discussion - page 9

smeden:
Run them all... We have to be sure each system make profit in the long run. So test test and test. Will give us the answer So keep on testing....

very true, the only effective method of making large profit in the long run is to run ever one of those EA's there by lowering your risk of depending on a single EA for all of your profit. If one EA losses over the week, all the other EA's may compensate.

Don't quit your day job just yet!

Top 10 chart

I have a suggestion.

Give each weekly winner 5 points, second place 4 points and so on.

Then have a top ten chart of the systems with the most accrued points and update it every week.

That way when the market changes to ranging, strategies that do well in trending conditions will score less.

We then end up with the most versatile strategy at the top of the charts.

Mike.

we need to order evey thing..please read this

hi guys we need beside the EA to have alerts on the screen buy and sell

so we can do manual testing beside automatic testing

so we can evuluate the results

the EA simulation is not like the manual trading plus many of us prefer doing it manually on the life account

also we need to make evey sytem has it is documents and it charts

so every one can test it

i do believe that we are not orgnaized enough

i still search as you do all on a good forex system

one good one to stick to it but up till now we can not find a solid one that we can all relay on it

please do comment on that thread we need to do it

Thanks.

Seems good thread started.

Some people did some suggestion here and here. And I have my opinion about it here.

mike4X:
I have a suggestion.

Give each weekly winner 5 points, second place 4 points and so on.

Then have a top ten chart of the systems with the most accrued points and update it every week.

That way when the market changes to ranging, strategies that do well in trending conditions will score less.

We then end up with the most versatile strategy at the top of the charts.

Mike.

I understand it but problem is the following: all the EAs are very different. Of course we can compare these EAs between each other. But they are very different.

What are the differences? Differences are the following:

- some EA(s) are very sensitive concerning the broker's data (each broker is having different data concerning high/low sometimes for example);

- some EAs are not trading very often and having very low risk (compare with the other EAs which are trading very often) but not very profitable, so one week and one month is not a duration for them;

- some EAs will produce the same trades with the same results with any brokers (because of daily timeframe and some universal trading algorithm) but these EAs are not very profitable;

- some EAs were coded to have trading algorithm which depends on the market condition;

- some EAs should be improved every half a year because: they based mainly on some ema and market is changing more quickly than expected;

- safety. Sometimes the main question to use some EA is "how safe this EA for my deposit, with my broker, with my leverage and so on?".

- and so on;

- and so on.

We are doing this competition between EAs concerning the pips winning only.

As to idea to have 5 (or 10) winning places instead of 3 so it is very good idea.

May be for the monthly competition.

It is not difficult to do it having all the figures.

I think it will be most usefull by monthly.

Would it also be possible to introduce some of the established systems into the chart like Stratoblaster, Hans123, Overeasy, K1 etc?

It would be so useful to have an overall leader from all the systems.

Maybe some Elite members could each take one of the systems and trade it on demo at $1 a pip and all send in the weekly results?

We could then add the TSD EA's and compare?

Mike.

It is good idea.

Some EAs were created on this forum.

For example:

- easyLMA_v6 was created by me so I will try to create the template with all the indicators.

-Ichimoku5_1, all the versions of KSRobot were modified by me within this forum. So it is not difficult to create a chart with indicators.

- Scalp_net chart may be the following https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173371/page2

Just download this indicators to understand how this EA is working. This EA was created by me and Igorad. Igorad is the member of this section.

- Mandarine EA and MandarineXL were created within this forum and we have several threads about this EA. As I remember we have an indicator as well. I will try to summarize everything about this EA and will post it to the respective thead. This EAs were created by Beluck and Alex. They are member of this section as well.

- All the versions of Brainwashing EAs were created within this forum. I backtested the indicators producing the ideas during the two months posting the trades using this forum. And after that only Beluck created this Brainwashing. Why so many versions of this Brainwashing EAs. Because of me. I created the ideas and Beluck programmed. All the threads about this EA with all the ideas and trades you may find in the forum (with trading results). It was some months ago.

Of course it is very easy to follow this EA by indicators.

- and so on (some EAs came from Pakistani website originaly, from Russian forums - Goldwarrior and tttttt etc). But Goldwarrioir was converted from MT3 by Beluck here in this forum and it was some discussion about it (posted as well).

-All StepMAExpert vesions came from Igorad (were created within this forum).

I will try to summarize everything by charts and indicators.

Most of the EAs tested here were created or modified within this forum with some discussion and backtesting results. 3 EAs only were not created inside this forum but one of them was modified here later as well (STI) and one was modified here.

So it is not difficult to have all the information for EAs which were created here.

Anyway it is good idea to create some templates with charts so the people may follow the trades and make some suggestions for the improvements.

I will try to do it during the next week for the EAs which I am comfortable with.

But I want to say the following:

Most of EAs here were developed from the indicators and charts in this forum here and were backtested manually. It is half of this forum.

Just take a search this forum and you will find everything.

And I want to say that the members may have suggestions to stop testing some EAs.

Here's my 2 cents ....

i think you need to regard these EAs as a portfolio ... similar to how you would hold any other investment portfolio. Some weeks, some will be winners, others losers and some will do little - the important thing is to report the status of all indicators and the performance of the portfolio as a whole... good or bad ... only that will reveal whether the instruments here are making any money or not.

It's not realistic to just report the top 3 or 5 or whatever winners each week with hindsight ... if you do then you are simply showing misleading information... and the "join the elite section where EAs are making 3000 pips a month" statement is highly misleading... it doesn't mention the EAs here that are losing 6000 pips.

So back to the portfolio idea ... I would select what you think are the best combination of x EAs and the symbol/period and report that over y weeks trading. Then periodically, review the portfolio, eliminate a failing EA/symbol/period from the portfolio and replace it with another than you think looks like it might be good ... Just like you would sell a losing stock and replace it with one you think is a winner.

the portfolio content needs to be published beforehand and then reported on afterwards ... then you might have some thing here that is worthwhile following ...

Then the EAs themselves ... each needs to explain their trading strategy ... then people can reasily make suggestions which might help optimise them and seek out new profits.

TheImperialOne

I know this idea.

But the problem is the following:

All the EAs are different.

In investment portfolio it may be the following:

estimate the pips for the last week the just use this combination for the next week and compare the results. Right? For several combinations of EAs.

It will not work in this case.

Because we have pips. Right? Right.

And we have time.

Some profitable EAs did not produce the trades during the one month.

The other EAs are producing the trades very often.

One week and one month is not enough for this portfolio. 3 months or half a year.

The second is the following.

Just an example.

Who will estimate this portfolio?

I am.

Who will trade?

You are.

Who will lose?

You are. Because you traded your money using your MetaTrader at home for example.

Or I am (because I estimated this portfolio for you)?

I think you understand what I mean ...

People should estimate some EAs, it should be some discussion and so on. I am doing statistics enough for everybody to make this portfolio. I may make sugestions and will participate in the discussion of course.

But to estimate portfolio for everybody being responsible for the losses and listen the talking like "why your portfolio lost 20 pips this week ..." ... Of course the people who need this portfolio are not talking like this. People are different as well.

Idea with portfolio is very good idea. I'm affraid that not everybody will understand it and will need it. It is not for everybody.

May be I am wrong.

It should be some group of people who need it and already understand it.

May be small group but it should be some people.

Reason: