10points 3.mq4 - page 111

GetNewsFF_v02.mq4

'WinInet.mqh' - cannot open the program file D:\NEXTT4a\experts\indicators\GetNewsFF_v02.mq4 (25, 1)

where can I get WinInet.mqh so that it can open GetNewsFF_v02.mq4 as it does not appear in my includes folder.

John

LogUtils.mqh

thank you for the file but now I get:-

'LogUtils.mqh' - cannot open the program file D:\NEXTT4a\experts\indicators\GetNewsFF_v02.mq4 (32, 1)

All I wanted to do was check the news ea out. As previously posted will not use it even for NFP I would rather close prior in my own time when the trade is profitable.

So if it is a problem just don't worry about it. I have posted in case others were having the same problems in attempting to use Turnip News

John

wininet

Found it

tools

turnip news

No problem John, seemed like there was more than what I posted when I originally downloaded this news system. I agree with you really don't feel 10 points needs this, but feel this news indicator system would be a good add to a Newstrader e.a., put this indicator into an news e.a. and set and forget

Anyway really appreciate your help and your work in this thread.

tools

news and other files

Found the complete setup I had originally posted and a statement from their creator:The primary gift I am speaking of is my new library, LibNewsTimes. Programmers can use the function it contains to discern whether it is close to announcement time for any given currency pair. This is the library necessary to run the forthcoming version of BollTrade which Ron and I have been testing.

But moreover, it opens a door to programmers to use it with any EA, to keep it from trading news times --or trade only during news time. It is my hope this may pave the way for several previously unprofitable EAs to now do better. All you have to do is include the .mqh file in your EA and then call IsNewsTime(before, after, currency) to find out if it is news time. Please see the header at the top of the file for detailed information.

In order for this lib to function, you must also have the enclosed indicator, GetNewsFF_v02. mq4 running on your chart. This "indicator" uses Abhi's code to check the ForexFactory news page for announcement times. When you assign this indicator to your chart, you can choose whether to exclude news events that are of "low" (yellow), "medium" (orange), or "high" (red) priority, as well as exclude announcements that have the word "Speaks" in them (such as "OJ Governor Fukui Speaks"). When you assign this to your chart, it will seem to lock up for a few seconds. Do not be alarmed; it is reading the news from the web and will return in a few moments. Again, if you have any questions about it, please first see the header at the top of the file for detailed information.

In order for the indicator to function, you need two other .mqh files in your /experts/include folder. These are from Paul Hampton-Smith , so thank you to him (as well as Abhi, of course). One is WinInet.mqh and one is LogUtils.mqh. Eventually I may integrate these into GrabNewsFF, so there would be less files to deal with. But the WinInet file can be useful to grab any web page, so it might be better to keep it separate.

The last two files are just bonuses that some programmers may find useful. It's another library, called LibDerksUtils. This replaces a lib I previously released called LibUsefulUtils. It has a few additions, and was renamed. None of the rest described above uses this lib, nor does Ron's new BollTrade, but some of my other EAs use them, so you might want to download these as well. Thanks to Robert for some of the code in this lib. Programmers may want to particularly use it for it's comprehensive trailing stop function, called AdjTrailOnAllOrders (). I changed the name partly because I do not want it to have a version number in it. I will be making regular additions to this, and I do not want my (our) systems to get clogged up with a bunch of different versions that have to be kept around so that earlier EAs will work.

When downloading, please put:

GetNewsFF_v02. mq4 in experts/indicators

LibNewsTimes_ v02.mq4 in experts/libraries

LibDerksUtils. mq4 in experts/libraries

LibNewsTimes_ v02.mqh in experts/include

WinInet.mqh in experts/include

LogUtils.mqh in experts/include

LibDerksUtils. mqh in experts/include

True

Now I need;

2007.01.15 22:07:53 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\LibNewsTimes_v02.ex4' on the AUDUSD,M30

2007.01.15 22:07:53 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\libraries\LibNewsTimes_v02.ex4' on the AUDUSD,M30

Getting there

2007.01.16 18:58:16 GetNewsFF_v02 EURUSD,M30: dll calls are not allowed; 'wininet.dll'-'InternetOpenA'

After putting all the indicators/includes/libraries and the Expert Advisor all in place now I have this error. (Neuimex)

The GetNews opens to edit but when ready disappears. Not the black lines on the black background I changed them to white.

2007.01.16 18:58:16 GetNewsFF_v02 EURUSD,M30: expert stopped

John

Turnip news

2007.01.16 18:58:16 GetNewsFF_v02 EURUSD,M30: dll calls are not allowed; 'wininet.dll'-'InternetOpenA'

After putting all the indicators/includes/libraries and the Expert Advisor all in place now I have this error. (Neuimex)

The GetNews opens to edit but when ready disappears. Not the black lines on the black background I changed them to white.

2007.01.16 18:58:16 GetNewsFF_v02 EURUSD,M30: expert stopped

John

Hi John,

On metatrader chart go to tools/options/expertadvisor/and then check allow dll import and that should take care of that problem.I am daily automatically getting a file posted in metatrader/expert/files that when I open it goes directly to the economic calender, so apparently the getnews indicator is doing this.

Questions

yeoeleven:
thank you for the file but now I get:-

'LogUtils.mqh' - cannot open the program file D:\NEXTT4a\experts\indicators\GetNewsFF_v02.mq4 (32, 1)

All I wanted to do was check the news ea out. As previously posted will not use it even for NFP I would rather close prior in my own time when the trade is profitable.

So if it is a problem just don't worry about it. I have posted in case others were having the same problems in attempting to use Turnip News

John

John,

As a rule, when do you shut off the ea and start closing trades prior to significant morning news reports? Also, do you do this with all red flag news on the Forex Factory Calendar? Since there is red news almost every day affecting the $, the ea would be off 50% of the time? I shut down and closed orders for the red news this morning, and even though the projected numbers for the report were off significantly it didn't affect the market much at all.

I realize this manual part of trading the 10.3 ea's can be a art in itself, just wanted some insight on this from a seasoned trader with this ea.

Thanks!! Mike

Statement so far

Here is my closed positions since monday morning on my real account.

Since I cannot really evaluate news impacts on those, I hope someone might help me.

Files:
Reason: