Testing Scripts when the market is closed

Hi all i have 2 questions

A) Can i test my script when the market is closed?

all I want to check if it opens an order when the next bar happens

I have attempted to use the strategy tester but cannot see my script in the list what could be the problem

b) how do we search this group for post

Let make it like EA then you can backtest or trade on BTC - market open 24/7.

webstep:

Hi all i have 2 questions

A) Can i test my script when the market is closed?

all I want to check if it opens an order when the next bar happens

I have attempted to use the strategy tester but cannot see my script in the list what could be the problem

b) how do we search this group for post

a) Put the critical part in a (new) script (not EA not indicator) and start from the bars on the chart back in history (int b = Bars; while(b-->0){... ) then you can use the debugger!

b) I mainly use google: "mt4 ..." - but it seem that google already knows me and what I would like to see, you may need some time to train google ;)

Carl Schreiber:

a) Put the critical part in a (new) script (not EA not indicator) and start from the bars on the chart back in history (int b = Bars; while(b-->0){... ) then you can use the debugger!

b) I mainly use google: "mt4 ..." - but it seem that google already knows me and what I would like to see, you may need some time to train google ;)

oooh , FYI  i am a bit new ..

so i did

1 created a new project

2)  selected script

3) saved the file

4) compiled  the file (no errors)

-- ( Lost ) --

However now looking as the editor i could use historical data..  how do i load that in

I do see the debugger button but don’t see my output anywhere when i press the play button..

Thanks for the help so far

Sometimes the debugger button is grey (disabled) - just "save it under a new name" and use the old name - confirm overwriting, and then it should be green again.

But MT4  b1045 or b1052 don't debugg at least indicators. Both I have 'send' to the service desk - no change so far.

Reason: