10points 3.mq4 - page 105

The only setting that I change there is Pips;

It determines how many pips between orders in your progression.

If it's too high, you won't place the next order and will miss your chance to win back any profit.

If it's too low, you will place all your orders too quickly in a trend against your position.

I change it depending on the pair.

Well, I actually wrote some code that changes it for me (in progress)

For instance, with a pair that is more volatile, your stoploss or takeprofit may be hit sooner, so you may want to increase Pips.

I found a value for USDCAD to be 14

JPYUSD seemed to like 18.

Just as some examples, it does depend on your other settings.

---

as far as the Swap goes, the code I posted just collects the long and short swap values for the chart you are working on.

If you want to collect swap for a specific pair, insert it instead of Symbol().

In order to use these you would have to calculate the value of the swap on any or all current orders. Then you could add it to your profit (negative or positive) to help you decide if you should close a position or not.

Can't code this for you right now!!

Tross

another version

Another mod backtest results

mrtools

PS)must need to get to sleep called the zip file 10 pip instead of 10 point)

mrtools:

mrtools

can you kindly post the EA? So i can forward test....

mrtools:

mrtools

Impressive results MrTools. Did you reached it using MACD signals only or there were the parameters of other indicators hard coded?

Elapsed Time

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and this EA. I have the suggestion of adding in a time-delay for new entries (as a handbrake for fast-moving markets), does this make sense to anyone? It would appear that the biggest danger is too much too soon, especially during news releases. I plan on working on this myself, so will gladly take instruction from the more experienced traders on the best approach, if it is a wise precaution...

cheers

Yeoeleven:

Must download new demo for Velocity4x effective this week, running 7 Demo's at one time using different folders.

10point3 dymanic stop 30M-TF statement attached, impressed with performance compared to DLMv1.3, have Live account at Velocity4x, but holding off running live yet. I think your presets are very good, with less risk

6 Maxtrades at Velocity Live goes up to 3.20Lot's my opinion that is acceptable.

testing all versions but no results

hi all

sorry for this "beginner" question , i think this system looks good but i have tried all versions in this thread with strategytester and nothing appears????

no results in all timeframes ??

what i`m wrong??

thanks a lot for help

regards

guenther

10 points3

Hello in all and bravo for the immense spending(expense) of energy that you offer to all what connect, as me, in the site, and what can not you etre of any utility, because not knowing programming.

In three days, I have just translated and to read the 105 pages of messages concerning " 10 points3 ", I at present downloaded 12 versions more indicators and more " jugulator ".

I do not know any more at all than she(it) version I have to hold(retain) to make tests and to be able to so participate at the level of my means, in search of an E.A PERFORMENT.

The East what Yeoeleven or Mtaboneweb or Brunofx could say to me what is the best version. I shall give then my results on the thread.

Excuse my Englishman, I pass by an automatic translator of downmarket (hi hi hi hi)

All my best wishes in all

Yves81

Please can anyone post the results after todays news, thanks

Rmi

After reading mrtools backtesting report I downloaded his RMI version and have forward tested it with the attached results.

I started with a demo account of $7000 and used the following settings.

TakeProfit=40.00000000

Lots=0.05000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=25.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=15

SecureProfit=20

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=1

risk=4

AccountisNormal=1

MACD_fast_ema_period=14.00000000

MACD_slow_ema_period=26.00000000

timeperiod=240.00000000

timeperiod2=30.00000000

Par=10.00000000

CountBars=300.00000000

Length=14.00000000

Length2=7.00000000

Smooth=5.00000000

MASmooth=0.00000000

RMIPeriod=14.00000000

MomPeriod=5.00000000

Magic=10201

I like that this EA did not startup immediately but got it's ducks in a line before trading then went on in each trade to achieve 40 pips profit.

In 3 days it only has traded 3 times and opened one other in progress.

Early days but this EA has something going for it.

John

Reason: