#import - page 2

OK thanks for the info!!!

I still cant figure it out. I saved the EA to my documents then I dropped and dragged the file to the navigator on the platform but it doesnt appear. Please help

I Cant Believe It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really this complicated to get an EA to work? This is about the dumbest crap!!!!! I guess I will stick to VT Trader at least you can understand the damn thing!!!!!!!

marlow2007:
I still cant figure it out. I saved the EA to my documents then I dropped and dragged the file to the navigator on the platform but it doesnt appear. Please help

No, not drag and drop in the navigator of your platform.

From desktop, click "My Computer", then : C:\Program Files\YOUR MT4 BROKER\experts\

When "experts" folder is open, put the .ex4 file inside.

Then start (or re-start) your platform.

Open a chart.

Attach the EA on your chart.

FerruFx

Thank you

Thank you so much!!! They make a little thing so complicated. Thank you for your help

marlow2007:
Thank you so much!!! They make a little thing so complicated. Thank you for your help

You're welcome.

FerruFx

#Import Function

I'm stuck, again yups still like a baby

now i currently learning to use #Import

here is the code

this EA have "openmy" function inside, to be used by script later on...

int init()

{

return(0);

}

int deinit()

{

return(0);

}

int start()

{

return(0);

}

void openmy()

{

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,0,0,0,NULL,0,0,CLR_NONE);

}

and this is the script.

in this script i try to call the "openmy()" from the ea...

#import "test.ex4"

void openmy();

#import

int start()

{

openmy();

return(0);

}

when i double click the script or drag and drop it generates:

2009.07.22 20:23:49 test GBPUSD,H1: function 'openmy' is not found

edit: btw i tried to re write the ea as library compile and place them into library folder no luck either...

Ricx:
I'm stuck, again yups still like a baby

now i currently learning to use #Import

here is the code

this EA have "openmy" function inside, to be used by script later on...

and this is the script.

in this script i try to call the "openmy()" from the ea...

when i double click the script or drag and drop it generates:

2009.07.22 20:23:49 test GBPUSD,H1: function 'openmy' is not found

edit: btw i tried to re write the ea as library compile and place them into library folder no luck either...

ok... after spending 1 week 2 days... i just found the solution but this solution lead me to another problems!

i found i should use #property library on my ea!

BUT if i do that i cannot use my #property show_inputs !!

i feel pain in my head now, hope someone could say silverlining for this problem :'(

or else i just give up and make the code split into 3 part

1. ea

2. library

3. script

Ricx:
ok... after spending 1 week 2 days... i just found the solution but this solution lead me to another problems!

i found i should use #property library on my ea!

BUT if i do that i cannot use my #property show_inputs !!

i feel pain in my head now, hope someone could say silverlining for this problem :'(

or else i just give up and make the code split into 3 part

1. ea

2. library

3. script

Ricx

Show inputs dont work with Libraries. You can put extern parameters in include file and all your import statement as well then just include that file at the begining of your EA. All extern parameters that are located in the include file will show up in your input box for your EA.

Also, you should not use the standard init() deinit() and start() functions inside a library, they have no use. only your custom functions should be in a library. You can call another EA as a library but you will not be permited to call these function from another EA. If you do say call the deinit() you will be calling the one within your primary EA. If you have global variables with in your library you can declare them as global just like your do in any code and all the function within that library will see them but they are not seen out side. any defaults that you may give your functions are not seen outside the library as well. You must supply all parameters when you call your function. But if one function calls another function from with in one library the defaults are seen from within that library.

Hope this helps

Reason: