Yes, but i tweaked the settings

Files:

Fmfx1

Your settings:)

Files:
11.10.png  26 kb

Why Martingale?

Hi Newdigital,

I've been following TSD for a long time and I noticed you favor Martingale strategies, like in this forward test (and TickScalper, and VQ EA, etc).

I've personally blown accounts with Martingale. May I ask why you like it so much? Perhaps you know something i dont...

xdotiwalla:
Hi Newdigital,

I've been following TSD for a long time and I noticed you favor Martingale strategies, like in this forward test (and TickScalper, and VQ EA, etc).

I've personally blown accounts with Martingale. May I ask why you like it so much? Perhaps you know something i dont...

Many members know that I do not like martingale.

People like it

If you go to elite section so you will see what I like: one trade per pair at the time, fixed lot size with no martingale at all.

But to say a true - martingale systems are very interesting and if martingale is used as additional "extra" options for someone who like it so why not?

If EA is profitable in pips calculation with reasonable DD so this EA can be used with some "attributes" such as money management, or/and martingale, "close all trades on Friday", "do not trade on Friday" and so on. I understand martingale as some additional "extra" added to already profitable systems.

How do you get this to start trading?

I can get this to work in the Strategy Tester but not on a chart. How do you get this thing to start trading from a chart? It just says "no conditions to open trades". I left it running in M1 all night. I compiled all indicators and attached them to chart and the ea. Ea button is green. Am I missing a config/ea setting?

radruc2:
I can get this to work in the Strategy Tester but not on a chart. How do you get this thing to start trading from a chart? It just says "no conditions to open trades". I left it running in M1 all night. I compiled all indicators and attached them to chart and the ea. Ea button is green. Am I missing a config/ea setting?

Check in the Expert and Journal tab for possible error message.

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators: download from this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

M1 timeframe, FXCM broker.

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 14th of August:

EURCHF: 2924

EURJPY: 3058

EURUSD: 4053

USDCHF: 4136

USDJPY: 540

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

EURCHF: 153

EURJPY: 1076

EURUSD: 818

USDCHF: 590

USDJPY: 74

====================

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 05th of August) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

EURJPY:

EURCHF:

EURUSD:

USDJPY:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip/rar file attached.

----------

The best pairs - less risky, small drawdown and small maxmum lot size: USDJPY.

Some pairs are profitable in pips calculation. It means that it will be profitable in case of fix lot size with no any martingale.

Just about p/l in 4 digit pips since the beginning of the trading (14 august)

EURCHF: 2022

EURJPY: -83

EURUSD: 1467

USDCHF: -82

USDJPY: 1218

That's all news

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

It is the other account. Alpari broker, 1:100 leverage with 3,000 dollars initial deposit.

Since 05th of September.

EURUSD only.

Same EA and same settings with above posted.

it is EURUSD only with

3,000 initial deposit

with 1:100 leverage, Alpari:

I hope this account will be alive as long time as possible

----------

My comments for this week:

EURUSD is good to yrade but, anyway - the best pair for this EA is USDJPY.

That's all news.

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

Reason: