StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Your invalid lots error suggests that the setting for that pair is for a price either not available from that broker or inappropriate for the EA. If you have other pairs trading check out their settings compared with NZPJPY.

My testing has been done with GBPUSD only so if you are having success with other pairs please post your results.

John

Hii..im newbie in Forex..i already tested this EA but maybe my question sound like stupid.. , max trades = 10 what is mean? its can open order max 10 position in 1 times?or something else..can some one help me.

sorry my English is poor..

MaxTrades

chip82:
Hii..im newbie in Forex..i already tested this EA but maybe my question sound like stupid.. , max trades = 10 what is mean? its can open order max 10 position in 1 times?or something else..can some one help me. sorry my English is poor..

MaxTrades means the number of times the EA will progress, so Maxtrades5 means just that and MaxTrades10 means that it will progress 10 times before stopping.

You have to be aware that this EA is adapted from the original 10point3 EA and as such has no StopLoss set after the progression ends. So the trades will remain open indefinitely but since they haven't progressed with a X2 multiplier the cost is much less.

I have noted that after a couple of progressions the EA will close off when the latest trade achieves zero. This will close off in a loss but prevent further losses, a good bail out option. Overall this EA has had far more profit than loss but in a ranging market with no retractions can ruin any account except the very large trading with a very small lotsize.

John

Hello

I think that we need additional element of trading, not only sell and buy BUT JUST NO TRADING !!! We dont need constant active market actions.

I think that NO TRADING PERIODS HAS THE SAME MEANING LIKE SELL OR BUY IN THE MARKET.

MARTINGALE is OK ONLY IN TREND, but is THE ACCOUNT KILLER in periods when TREND CHANGES.

No trading is the least risky.

I propose to put in EAs:

1. NO TRADE in very low range market.

2. THE TRANSACTION LIMIT FOR THE DAY - it is not maxtrade.

3. THE TRANSACTION LIMIT FOR EVERY TREND - eg. if we made 10 transaction per trend then wait for new trend, esspecially if we know average lenght of trend for this or other currency pair.

4. OR SEPARATE LIMIT FOR PROFIT TRANSACTION AND FOR LOSING TRANSACTIONS for TREND OR FOR THE DAY.

Another idea of martingale.

The point of view is general timeframe where we see trend.

1. Eg. we are at 1H time frame, uptrend.

2. We enter the market - BUY 0.1 lot.

3. Market moves down on 5-MIN charts firstly.

4. We wait for STOCHASTIC until it shows buy signal, so we buy 0.2lot.

5. When COUNTERTREND MOVE is stronger it will move down also on 15-MIN chart.

6. We enter 0.4LOT when 15-MIN STOCHASTIC SHOW BUY.

7. IF COUNTERTREND MOVE MORE STRONGER we wait for 30-MIN STOCHASTIC BUY 0.8LOT.

8. IF CONTERTREND BECAMES ONCE MORE STRONGER IT BRAKES 1H TREND TO DOWNTREND AND we: closes all buytrades or start SELL 0.1LOT.

In this way we have 3-4 maxtrades for martingale in ELASTIC AND ADAPTIVE WAY FOR ALL MARKET CONDITIONS regarding to particular TIMEFRAME !!!

This way of entering is take into account such thing that THE FASTEST FIRST MOVES APPEARS ON THE SMALL TIMEFRAMES, UPPER TIMEFRAMES ARE ALWAYS LAGGED.

If 1H trend will change, first changes we see on 1M CHART, if moves becames stronger, next bigger move is seen on 5MIN CHART, and so on and so on...

master001

yeoeleven:
Still moving well, my settings are as follows on H1:

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Your invalid lots error suggests that the setting for that pair is for a price either not available from that broker or inappropriate for the EA. If you have other pairs trading check out their settings compared with NZPJPY.

My testing has been done with GBPUSD only so if you are having success with other pairs please post your results.

John

Thanks man.

I got profits with these currencies;

EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/CHF and GBP/USD

Going to test again a full week next week with these currencies and see what happens.

Oppss.. after increase lot size to 0.60, the account blew up. Margin call 3 times in a row!

10point3 RMI

Will start again next week. Wihtout changing lot size, and see how far can this beast go.

Regards

David

SL for 10.3 RMI

Hi mrtools,

I am testing your latest RMI version, but have problem with the SL. The way I understood it SL = Pips x MaxTrades + InitialStop.

For example:

Pips = 25, MaxTrades = 5, InitialStop = 1. The SL should be 126.

However, this is different from my test. If I leave InitialStop = 1, then SL is only 101. If I leave InitialStop = 20, then SL is 145. This just doesn't make sense to me.

Please explain how your RMI version calculate SL. I already read page 19 for Pluto's explaination on 10.3_stop_loss, but your version seems to work differently.

Cheers.

Slow 10points3 on live

Hey there,

i am one of the 10points3 fans, i tested it for more than 3 months, and i learned the MQL language to get the business concept behind it..

My problem is that when i started HEAVILY with the live account, the found it [gaining profit] but very minimum, insteadof gaining 300$ per week as it used to do, it is gaining only 25$ per week ... which is toooo bad .. he he

Other forums told me that the speed of buying and selling matters in this case, in demo it is much faster than the live one, but it is costing me a lot after all..

ANY ADVICE ??

master001:
Hello

I think that we need additional element of trading, not only sell and buy BUT JUST NO TRADING !!! We dont need constant active market actions.

I think that NO TRADING PERIODS HAS THE SAME MEANING LIKE SELL OR BUY IN THE MARKET.

MARTINGALE is OK ONLY IN TREND, but is THE ACCOUNT KILLER in periods when TREND CHANGES.

No trading is the least risky.

I propose to put in EAs:

1. NO TRADE in very low range market.

2. THE TRANSACTION LIMIT FOR THE DAY - it is not maxtrade.

3. THE TRANSACTION LIMIT FOR EVERY TREND - eg. if we made 10 transaction per trend then wait for new trend, esspecially if we know average lenght of trend for this or other currency pair.

4. OR SEPARATE LIMIT FOR PROFIT TRANSACTION AND FOR LOSING TRANSACTIONS for TREND OR FOR THE DAY.

Another idea of martingale.

The point of view is general timeframe where we see trend.

1. Eg. we are at 1H time frame, uptrend.

2. We enter the market - BUY 0.1 lot.

3. Market moves down on 5-MIN charts firstly.

4. We wait for STOCHASTIC until it shows buy signal, so we buy 0.2lot.

5. When COUNTERTREND MOVE is stronger it will move down also on 15-MIN chart.

6. We enter 0.4LOT when 15-MIN STOCHASTIC SHOW BUY.

7. IF COUNTERTREND MOVE MORE STRONGER we wait for 30-MIN STOCHASTIC BUY 0.8LOT.

8. IF CONTERTREND BECAMES ONCE MORE STRONGER IT BRAKES 1H TREND TO DOWNTREND AND we: closes all buytrades or start SELL 0.1LOT.

In this way we have 3-4 maxtrades for martingale in ELASTIC AND ADAPTIVE WAY FOR ALL MARKET CONDITIONS regarding to particular TIMEFRAME !!!

This way of entering is take into account such thing that THE FASTEST FIRST MOVES APPEARS ON THE SMALL TIMEFRAMES, UPPER TIMEFRAMES ARE ALWAYS LAGGED.

If 1H trend will change, first changes we see on 1M CHART, if moves becames stronger, next bigger move is seen on 5MIN CHART, and so on and so on...

master001

RMI Version

I've had the pleasure of testing yeoeleven's version of RMI. Can't complain about the results for 1 week on Demo.

20070707-10points_3_rmi_fxdd_detailedstatement.htm

273 pages later

Well everyone, I've patiently read through 273 pages of this thread (a few days later and with sore red eyes) I'd like to contribute. I see that this thread has split into the new development of different EAs based on 10points3, but I'd like to get back to making some progress here in this thread so I'm going to jump in and contribute. I know the 10points3 code well and I can modify as we come up with new ideas. I've programmed for a while and recently learned MQL4 to automate some of my trading ideas. I've tried a lot of the prepackaged EAs and I've also programmed a few based on technical articles. Automated trading is an interest of mine and I'm studying Artificial Intelligence in my free time. I look forward to developing this system or at least a successful variant.

So far this 10points3 seems to be very aggressive and can make/loose some serious cash fast thanks to the Martingale strategy. I like this idea because I'm in this to make money.

I've tried a lot of the variants of 10points3 including the following:

10points3 from thanks to Alejandro Galindo

10points3 with Dynamic Stop https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page12 thanks to tururo

10points3 with Dynamic Stop RMI https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page75 thanks to mrtools

10points3 with Dynamic Stop RMI new version

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page176

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page178 thanks to mrtools

EuroX2 - Mostly identified as a Scam modified version of 10points3 but I tested it anyway. You can find it, just don't pay for it.

V12 - I never test this, before my time on this board thanks to davidke20, many of the results posted on the board looked good.

RB23DETT - I never tested this, also before my time on this board thanks to davidke20

Before publishing a lot the results, my questions, observations, etc...I'd like to add a few more thanks to all of the creators and testers especially yeoeleven and davidke20.

So lets get started:

*note: these results are based on back test 90% modeling quality every tick. I know this is not the best for this type of strategy due to slippage and tick activity but I will be forward testing from now on.

10points3

Tried setting take profit from 40 to 20 on H4 so it will grab profits faster and get out, lasted 3 months longer with only slightly higher balance than default, tried with 60 died quick Tried on H1 with 20 Take profit, died two months sooner, tried with 60 and died very fast. If you decrease the take profit to much it may last longer but you will be working harder for the same money. A take profit of 40 may make you the same amount in 1 month that a take profit of 20 would do in 2 months.

If you drop maxtrades to a lower number it will typically last longer but balance before death will be much lower (meaning it will grow slower). If you decrease maxtrades too much it will not have room to work. Best setting depends on account size because you will be capped by your available funds. If you have maxtrades set to 10 but you don't have the available funds to trade past 5, you will get stuck at 5 and wait until margin call or stop out (NOT GOOD).

For the timeframe, if you go down from H4 to H1 it will typically last longer and grow faster

Pipstep is the distance between orders. The default is 15. I tried 7 and it mad money fast but died sooner. I tried 12 and it made double the money of the defaults and lasted longer (died later). The step depends on the markets volatility. In a highly volatile market you will want a larger pipstep so you don't overstep into a bad position. On a shorter timeframe H1, decreasing the pipstep caused it to die sooner. Higher pipstep tends to be better in lower timeframe.

Trailing Stop doubled to 40 on H4 time frame and got 4 months farther, tested with a 10 and dies same as default 20. Tried on H1 timeframe with 40 trailing stop and died sooner, same with 10 trailing stop.

THE CONS - This EA uses the MACD for entry. If last MACD was less than current it sets up a long position and all of the following positions will attempt to be long even if MACD turns back down. This is a very blind approach. I think davidke20 or someone else said it is about the equivalent of flipping a coin or letting a monkey put in your trades. This EA needs a sophisticated entry and constant monitoring of the trend to possibly cut losses and change direction.

10points3 with Dynamic Stop

With Initial Stop set as 1, this lasted about a month longer than the regular 10points3 before dying, noticed that with this setting the initial stop of the first step was 151 pips below entry price. If you set it to 2 then it is 152 below initial entry. I'm not sure if this design was done deliberately or not. At a later time I'll look into the code to understand it better.

Although this EA lasted longer after it took its first big hit it slowly died over the next month. Not the same exponential growth and then death like regular 10points3.

These seemed to be the optimized settings posted in the thread by yeoeleven

EURUSD, M30, Be sure to change end year on this EA or it will not work since it is default 2005

TakeProfit=38.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=28.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=28

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2007

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=1

risk=3

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

10points3 with Dynamic Stop RMI

There are a lot of settings to this EA and I do not yet understand RMI. I'm going to research the indicator and test this version of the EA further.

Here are some of the best settings posted in the thread. I believe they were posted by the author.

TakeProfit=40.00000000

Lots=0.05000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=25.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=15

SecureProfit=20

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=1

risk=1

AccountisNormal=1

MACD_fast_ema_period=14.00000000

MACD_slow_ema_period=26.00000000

timeperiod=240.00000000

timeperiod2=30.00000000

Par=10.00000000

CountBars=300.00000000

Length=14.00000000

Length2=7.00000000

Smooth=5.00000000

MASmooth=0.00000000

RMIPeriod=14.00000000

MomPeriod=5.00000000

Magic=10201

10points3 with Dynamic Stop RMI new version

same as above, will test after analysis of RMI and indicator used in code

EuroX2

This EA only lets you control the following 4 settings

Defaults

MaxTrades 4

Pips 5

Take Profit 40

Trailing Stop 20

Running with defaults it lasted about 3 months longer but was only about 6 thousand higher than the standard 10points3. This means you worked 3 months harder for not much additional money. When run on H1 timeframe the EA died vary fast, it is recommended on H4 but I decided to try H1 anyway.

I observed that even though the maxtrades is set to 4, it will vary the starting lot size depending on the account balance. You have no ability to disable

or override this. Before the great loss it was starting at .4, which went to .8, 1.2, then 2.4 This may have contributed to the great loss. Since this EA is locked and not truly optimized I will abandon testing this EA.

Notes and Developments - These are some of the things I'm considering coding, what do you think should be added?

Modify rather than close positions to avoid commissions

Dynamic pipstep based on ATR or predicted ATR or high activity time frames, higher for fast moving, lower pipstep for slow moving

Recheck direction using indicators before each pipstep, if changes direction look to close and switch direction (swap?)

Possibly have a maximum number of trades per bar so as to not get caught continually buying into wrong direction

Close and reverse function, BAIL/close function - thanks to V12 for this idea

Use a lot of other indicators like RSI, HMA, ASC, ISAKAS etc... use ratio, say 3 of 5 indicators agree, then go for trade

Set to close out earlier trades to eliminate dead weight. If at level four close level 1, if at level 5 close level 2 etc...

Setup a grid or some other system in code to trade news, or avoid news, then reinitialize 10points3 after news events

neta1o,

Thanks for the summary. I too have been trying to understand more about the parameters for these programs and have done some backtesting.

You have some very ambitious, but worthwhile goals, and some excellent ideas. For me, the most frustrating thing that happens as I watch the visual on backtest is when it continually goes in the wrong direction. But all of your ideas are good.

Best of Luck.

saintmo

Reason: