10points 3.mq4 - page 249

robp:
Can you share the EA and settings? People will come out with ideas, but it would help to know what you're doing. Which 10.3 mod, settings, etc. to see if your results can be duplicated, improved, etc.

you should read the whole thread then you can have ideas. cheers

fatwolf:
those file below are the setting are david asked me to test. looks like it is a very safe setting with very little profits. I will change some setting and do some more test in the following week.

fatwolf, you're accidently use the wrong setup. You need to change the setting as below if you planned to run it with ONLY eurusd

TakeProfit=10

TrailingStop=0

StopLoss=0

Pips=6

MaxTrade=5

AccountisNormal=1

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

SecureProfit=1

mm=1

risk=1

Your 1st lot should start with 0.30, that is the proper 1%, not 0.01lot. I am pretty sure you'll double your account within a month with very low drawdown.

Regards

David

...and here are the results of the British jury ..... (eurovision )

.... and just a reminder about these two accounts...

FutureMillionaire?:

As for the normal x2 test, well, I have a rather curious situation. The original test is still going strong. However, I wondered about account protection, so I started two more tests - one with ... and one without. I set them running before start of play, last Sunday, so that they both would start as soon as trading opened. One of these, obviously, was identical to the original that has been going so well. It lost!

So this highlights how an account suffers if it doesn't have enough capital. The original survived the move, because it had built up enough of a "pot", but the new account just got the "not enough money" error.

You can see they both suffered the same loss, but the one with MT=8 and account protection lost more. The one with MT=5, but no protection, looks as if it will recover easily.

Regards,

Ray

And just for the sake of completeness, here is the original one that's battled on regardless throughout.

Looks good.

Regards,

Ray

LOL -- you better read the whole thread. Look back more than a 200 posts and you'll see that I was doing 10.3 on double pairs, with one set to reverse condition and the other normal. And I got the idea from TAWA, who was doing it long before me. If you've got something new let's hear it, but don't just repeat what's already been done, claim you have a new idea, and then not be willing to share.

fxgear:
you should read the whole thread then you can have ideas. cheers

Can someone please explain how the following works before I put this EA

10points3 on my live account.

AccountisNormal=

AccountProtection=

MM=

Risk=

0rdertoProtect=

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Settings

KayLaw:

AccountisNormal=

AccountProtection=

MM=

Risk=

0rdertoProtect=

AccountisNormal=0; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

AccountProtection=0; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

mm=0; // if 1, the lots size will increase based on account size

risk=12; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

OrderstoProtect=0; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection. // Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

John

KayLaw:

AccountisNormal=

AccountProtection=

MM=

Risk=

0rdertoProtect=

Mate, I would like to strongly recommend you read the entire thread before you put this little monster in your live account. Before you fully understand the risk of using it, you'll blow your account during you're sleeping or whatever. The only recommendation I can say is do not use mm(Money Management) on 10point3. Your account must have minimum of 1k and above, to start with 0.01lot, thisi could reduce the risk of blow up your account too often. Have some good luck

Regards

David

Thanks for your advice...I'll start reading the thread.

10.3_ds_rmi

10.3_DS_RMI suffers today ! Account protection (default setting) made its job. As Multilots, it can make a lot of money very quickly nut loose much more a lot quicker !

To be safer, pips step has to be increased. Now the question is : is it better to have low but safer profit or to have big profit very quickly and sometimes suffer a big loss ? I will try both settings even if I already have my idea.

I'm running DLMv1.3 and even after 4 or 5 account protection (65% of the account) it's up for 50% for 1 and 1/2 month ; but I want to sleep well during the night and I will not put it on real account.

Joined 10.3 statement

Thierry

Reason: