10points 3.mq4 - page 188

I was confused when my report per pair(using magic numbers) shows totally different results than the normal account history.

Found out that Alpari UK closes all positions and reopen them every night.

Showing [....swap] at comment.

This must have impact on how the EA behaves right?

David, I have question about Max Trades.

If max trades is higher then the sl is also further away right?

Or it doesn't matter if you set the max trades to 5 or 10, both sl would be the same?

Sorry to bother you with these noob questions.

I am sure if somebody could program, they probably can see everything in de code and don't need to ask

Keep up the good work!

humax:

David, I have question about Max Trades.

If max trades is higher then the sl is also further away right?

Or it doesn't matter if you set the max trades to 5 or 10, both sl would be the same?

This quote from tururo seems to have to be posted regularly

No problem. The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss. See yeoelevens earlier post for dollars example.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

Now if the MaxTrades was 6 then the 1st trade stop loss would have to be

+90 +2, MaxTrades 7 would be 105 +2.

So the Stop loss is calculated by multiplying the pipstep by the MaxTrades plus the InitialStop. This is how tururo coded his DynamicStop and most of the versions since have used his dynamic stop.

If we get into OrderstoProtect then the SL will be the same but the EA will reduce the actual closure of the progression by the number of OrderstoProtect nominated.

John

Thank you very much John.

I have read the calculation of secure profit, but haven't seen this one.

Don't know how I could have missed something so important.

By comparing the forward test, I have seen sl hit with max trades 6 while max trades 8 could withstand the move.(and even made profit)

This is another proof that emotion fear (less max trades in real to have less drawback) can turn things agains you.

Good thing that I now use exact same setting live as demo.(except lotsize 0.01 instead of 0.1 :P)

This way I hope to produce similar result without worrying about margin call.

Now we need to find the most efficient number for each pair.

Once again, thank you John and David!

humax:
Thank you very much John.

I have read the calculation of secure profit, but haven't seen this one.

Don't know how I could have missed something so important.

By comparing the forward test, I have seen sl hit with max trades 6 while max trades 8 could withstand the move.(and even made profit)

This is another proof that emotion fear (less max trades in real to have less drawback) can turn things agains you.

Good thing that I now use exact same setting live as demo.(except lotsize 0.01 instead of 0.1 :P)

This way I hope to produce similar result without worrying about margin call.

Now we need to find the most efficient number for each pair.

Once again, thank you John and David!

I'm glad you enjoy the testing. 1 thing I must emphasis. I have my very own opinion about MaxTrade. You might have more chance to withstand most of the strong move. Say, you're now at MaxTrade 10, and you survive all the way, until 1 day, the trend move 400pips in 1 straight row! GUESS WHAT?! BOOM!!! and I with MaxTrade5, got out of position on the beginning 100pips move, and already start shorting getting back my profit. Thanks for your contribution on the other side -300pips. Good luck

Regards

David

p/s: obviously, compare with scalp mode(This is on agressive_mode=false) and normal trading, seems like if I tweak it to run with lower risk exposure, the performance is actually going down more, because the bail structure unable to kick in on time. the drawdown is 2x higher then my demo account as you can compare with my NorthFinance demo. Besides, this prove my recommendation works! SCALP!!! Target 10, pipstep 6, MaxTrade 5, Stop loss 76 !!! still going strong and wasting a lot of opportunity!!!!!

I'm glad you enjoy the testing. 1 thing I must emphasis. I have my very own opinion about MaxTrade. You might have more chance to withstand most of the strong move. Say, you're now at MaxTrade 10, and you survive all the way, until 1 day, the trend move 400pips in 1 straight row! GUESS WHAT?! BOOM!!! and I with MaxTrade5, got out of position on the beginning 100pips move, and already start shorting getting back my profit. Thanks for your contribution on the other side -300pips. Good luck

Regards

David

David, are you using V12 for that type of trading?

Regards

Evgeny

Trader83:
David, are you using V12 for that type of trading?

Regards

Evgeny

Yes. Few of my sub account running with Miracle, AnnabelleNoelle^_^(Pyramid only), AnnabelleNoelle^_^V12, V12_Beta, V12_Vantage, R4. The rest of the accounts trading manual.

Regards

David

Files:

thanks bro

thank for the info bro...its very helps

Ted Noogent:
Hey guys where can I find the VX12 ea? I'd like to test this and help with forward testing. Is this commercial ea or privately built and is it based on 10pt3? Thanks.

Hi Ted,

Welcome to the 10p3 thread. The EA is privately built by David based on the original 10points3 from the Elcactus site and the Dynamic Stop modified by tururo on page 18 of this thread. Over time and after hours of testing and discussions between David & myself the V12 was evolved and is still under evaluation. Our main thrust now is to make it more friendly towards small accounts using mini and micro units, it can handle them now but not with the Money Management feature.

Post #1873 on the previous page covers the position re new testers for V12

John

V12 Impressive

Up to date V12 fwd testing results, and thanks David and John for the opportunity to test this EA. also to Farty Pants thanks for the info. if this EA blows my account(which is very doubtful) will always be able to make good money selling my aroma on ebay.

hey guys,

just want to pass thru to advice you that my signiture bottled farts are now on sale @ ebay for the low intro price of $29.98 ea. this is a fantastic once a year oportunity to get these seasonal gases. I only do this in march to make my skaeteboard trip money for the year. I'm told the aroma are just f---n awesome. you can use these for your private sniffing plesures or as aroma therapy or just for some ambeint background vapor. chicks dig em too. my chick especialy craves my tijiuanna hot tamale poppers. anyways pm me for a link if you want some but i excpect they will go quikly.

oh yeah, and 10point3 will wipe out your account in no time no matter what u do so quit playin around.

tools

Combo account

I started this combination account on the 19th Feb and it has had it's ups and downs since then.

Please read post #1447 on page #145 for more details.

It has been running 24/7 since then with no alterations to the settings and no manual interference.

Running GoblinFibo1.2 EURUSD M30 @ 10_point_4_(mod1e) GBPUSD H1 it has hit Maxrades sweveral times but still shows $1026 closed profit and using a 0.1 trade.

John

Files:
combo17.htm  278 kb
combo17.gif  6 kb
Reason: