10points 3.mq4 - page 178

The change was just too drastic.

I am setting my CHFJPY back to the first setting of 20, 18 and 15min.

Then I will tweak it slowely so I can find an optimum setting.

10pointRangerv1.1 fibo

I have had this ea trading only EURUSD for several days and it is very selective as to when to trade. In that time it has made 3 trades and each were successful.

I have decided to give it more opportunity to trade all four majors even though it was recommended for EU.

mrtools could you repost the Ranger EA the original posting is way back in the previous pages.

There is not enough trading to warrant a detailed statement but the attached GIF will show the trades.

John

Files:
ranger.gif  61 kb

Combo improving

Here is the latest detailed statement on Combo. Page 145 post 1447 for details.

After the recent post Combo is now regaining some of the lost profit after a MaxTrades hit on Mod1e.

Closed profit $662 Floating loss $9

Starting with a balance of $1870 on the 17th Feb and using .1 unit trades this combination account reached a top of $1600 profit and dropped to a profit of $330 after the MaxTrades hit. Hopefully it is now on the way up and even after the couple of MaxTrades hits shows a 35% profit in the last month.

John

Files:
combo14.htm  250 kb
combo14.gif  6 kb

10point Ranger

Hi John,

Here,s the 10 point Ranger posted awhile back, adding some fwd. testing results, on my fwd test divisor = 4, and changed to M30 timeframe(seems to give better entries).

V12 Test Results - North Finance

Attached are my test result for this week on North Finance.

Well, I know this setup is risky, so it works only if the underlying indicator provides signals to the right direction, I mean there are not more than 3-4 orders per pair against you at the same time. V12 did it well so far.

Files:

Warning!

chrisstoff:
Attached are my test result for this week on North Finance. Well, I know this setup is risky, so it works only if the underlying indicator provides signals to the right direction, I mean there are not more than 3-4 orders per pair against you at the same time. V12 did it well so far.

I'm gonna give this statement again. Do not put v12 trading more than 1 currency pair in 1 account. Different currency pair has their own behaviour, if you mixed up those setting to trade on 1 account, I can foresee the damage on your account. If you really wanted to test with GBPUSD, please start up another demo account with V12 trading only it. And that is why I did not limit the usage of the EA to 1 account only. I hope you guys understand and help me and yourself to find a suitable setting for this EA. Do not share to anybody. The only recommended pair is EURUSD only. At the moment I still do not know the potential downside of this EA, coz I've never seen it stop loss before. Just stay careful out there.

About indicator... As you guys receive my email, I have no extra MQ4 file for you, no extra indicator is needed. I'm a professional trader, and I do not use any new age indicators. Those indicator are well built in MT4, such as MACD, Moving Averages, Stochastics, RSI... I'll only build my EA based on these trading system. It works for the passed decades, and I'm sure its going to work even longer in the future. Those who facing losses by using it, just simply because you're not following the rules and never tune up your trading skill properly. When I build an EA, I'll make sure it make full use of these good indicators, instead of finding short cut by using advance indicator.

Regards,

David

Nice start ...

Here is the result of V12 fresh start on North Finance using David's suggestion on post #1748. Although at first the setting looks scary, but the end day result is quite good. Let see until weekend.

Cheers,

wibitiens:
Here is the result of V12 fresh start on North Finance using David's suggestion on post #1748. Although at first the setting looks scary, but the end day result is quite good. Let see until weekend. Cheers,

FCUK ME!!! the equity curve looks scary

Regards,

David

davidke20:
Overnight trading

Some while ago you suggested a scalping (almost) configuration for 10points3. (Pips=6, TP=10, MT=5). You suggested switching off during US trading. Well, it occurred to me that this configuration would work with V12, utilising the Aggressive mode=0, which would have the same effect.

Well, I've setup another demo, doing exactly that. The problem is, it's gone all night without a single trade, just saying "No conditions to open trades". Is that normal with Aggressive mode=0 ?

Regards,

Ray.

davidke20:
FCUK ME!!! the equity curve looks scary

Regards,

David

Yes ... yes ... yes ... it is scarry It opened 4 trades up to 4.8 lot. If for instance I used $2000 deposit I am sure the trade will stuck, not enough money. But with $10000, it looks okay.

Cheers,

Reason: