Self learning expert - page 2

xxDavidxSxx:
I am wondering...

The first test stores the info. Then you run the same test and it "knows" what the price is going to do because it has seen it do it befor.

Mabe like us taking the history and going back in time and trading the last year off of what we have seen it do.

Is it learning or mearly tricking us?

Mabe we need to run tests on just 2004-2005 and then once it does good, run it on 2005-2006 and see if it really learned anything from 04-05.

we cannt let it lose 07-08 then go back and re live the past.....lol

hi david

yes u r dead right and i am doing that.i deleted all files were made by the ea.then i backtetsted the ea for a monthe.i ran it many time to get best result.then with that history files made by the ea i want to backtest the ea for the next month(s).let see what will happen then.

as i said this is my first time that i see an EA repaint it's result

here are my first set of results.

Not passing judgment yet. It does seem to learn but I am going to do a different set of tests now. Still not sure if it will make real time future trades from whats learned in the past.

I did some in the end of o5, then ran into 05 letting it start out in a month that was already tested, and letting it venture into untested months.

I am going to let it optimise itself in 04 and 05 then run fresh tests in 06. Gotta delete all its recorded history first now.

Files:
g_selector.rar  69 kb

On that forum, it says that this EA is sold on various sites for $50-$150. I think that pretty much proves that it isn't profitable.

website for g selector

The website address is http://forex.kbpauk.ru/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/117828/an/0/page/1#Post118080 on the second page (G SELECTOR) they gives another web address (BOT TYT) where these people posted the source code (fx downloader) and further into that thread these people worked on this and posted a revised version which I posted. To me even if it is really profitable or not the whole concept is very interesting and with the talent in this forum it can possibly be made much more than just interesting.Just wish I could understand their language because the translator leaves a lot to be desired.

We had thread about self-teaching EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173543

demo versions

Here are some demo versions by the same developer some of them seem to work under the same concept. These people at auto-trader@nm.ru (not affiliated) are selling these experts a total of 10 for $200. I have been trying to find out if he sells them with source code or compiled version, and also if they work in real time,he says they do not give as good results at first in real time but adjusts to the market,but have not been able to get any live fwd. tests from him. These versions here only work in testing.

Regards

mrtools

Is it possible to do it month by month? For example, run it for August and then use those settings to test September?

xxDavidxSxx:
here are my first set of results.

Not passing judgment yet. It does seem to learn but I am going to do a different set of tests now. Still not sure if it will make real time future trades from whats learned in the past.

I did some in the end of o5, then ran into 05 letting it start out in a month that was already tested, and letting it venture into untested months.

I am going to let it optimise itself in 04 and 05 then run fresh tests in 06. Gotta delete all its recorded history first now.

sheesh

Nooooooo... it comes from the same guys that make Euro_X2??? oh man, thats promising

self taught e.a.

Attached is include file for the e.a. to trade live.Put it in the experts/include file section of metatrader. I don't know if Euro X2 is the same as the looser on forex-soft net firms but the others are not listed as theirs, so I don't know whats up with Euro x2.It was just part of the demo package.

Regards

mrtools

could someone explain recalculate/optimize. what the two are and the differences.

thank you

Reason: