10points 3.mq4 - page 155

matrixebiz:
Straighthold Trader and AccountisNormal=1 EDIT: Do you think that's what screwed up my first few opens? (See pic)

LOL...please, let it run with 1 pair/ account only & make sure you dont mix it with other EA. Then only you'll know which is the most suitable pair to work with. Cheers.

Regards,

David

Ok, no problem. That quick drawdown scared me a little though. It should have placed a sell order. I have ReverseCondition=1.

Seems to be better now

Hi, Davidle20! Do you still trading with the following:

TakeProfit=10(originally uses 15, now change to 10)

Lots=0.10

StopLoss=1.0

TrailingStop=10

MaxTrades=6

Pips=6

SecureProfit=5

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

mm=1

risk=1

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=790815

Running this setup on InterbankFX mini account. Switch on during Tokyo session, close off all trades before New York session and turn off the EA until next Tokyo session. Sometime if the trend really changed, I already stop lossed. And take opposite position. Thats how I treat my account. EA available at here. Good luck.

What version is everyone talking about? If I can get the latest and greatest I can optimized based on Tick data for 99% modeling. Basically, from my forward testing translates a backtest which is equal to a forward test with Metatrader 4.

I only have been collecting tick data for 4 weeks, but I can optimize and see what results have been spit out. Please email me the EA and I will get the best settings for those testing.

holyguy7(at)gmail.com

Thanks.

v12

What does SecureProfit do? I have it set for 150 and the losses I have are 150 pips ?? Where is the SL value? and InitialStop is what?

Thanks

yeoeleven:
Well after reading all about the back testing results I suppose my forward testing must be a fluke.

John,

Are you still testing Mod1e ?

I think I'm the kiss of death for it. I watched my demo this morning, watched it making good money ... thought my backtesting was rubbish, so tried it on my real account (Greed takes over)....... It lost! My demo lost $959.

... Fortunately, my real account only lost $9.50. I hadn't realised my mini account only produced mini results (the lot sizes are the same). No wonder the mod1e on demo was out-performing my real 10points3. I'm $60 up at the moment ... does that mean it would have been $6000 on a standard account? That doesn't make much sense ... does it?

Whilst I'm posting .... V12 is currently down $3636, although nothing's closed yet. It could recover, but it doesn't look very nice at the moment.

Cheers,

Ray

Combo account

FutureMillionaire?:
John,

Are you still testing Mod1e ?

I think I'm the kiss of death for it. I watched my demo this morning, watched it making good money ... thought my backtesting was rubbish, so tried it on my real account (Greed takes over)....... It lost! My demo lost $959.

Ray

Ray,

yes I am still testing the Combo Account and with continuing good results, the detailed statement is from the commencement of the account and note that GoblinFibo only contributed $200 to the overall result allowing Mod1e to have shown stellar results. So the fluke continues but seriously I do expect a drawdown sooner or later that is the nature of the beast and the only expectation is that the accumulated profits will cover it when it ultimately happens.

As far as V12 I will post detailed statements after the first day's results.

John

Files:
combo9.htm  154 kb
combo9.gif  6 kb

V-12

I can't get V12 to trade. I'm getting "not enough money" in the journal tab. It's a 5k demo account using the following sets on 30 min eurusd. I got the same error when lots were set to .1. I also tried AccountIsNormal=0. That poduced 2 large trades, but then could not trade anymore because of the "not enough money" error.

Magic=43420

TakeProfit=28.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=0.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Multiplier=2.00000000

Pips=18

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

SecureProfit=200

mm=1

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

ReverseCondition=0

Fast_MA=14

Slow_MA=26

MACD_SMA=9

Shift=1

Agressive_mode=1

FromHourTrade=0

ToHourTrade=12

Settings

robp,

a superficial answer until David gets back is to get rid of the MM1 and set it to MM0 that will allow your account to trade the lot size that you nominated (.01) that is providing your broker will allow that level of trading.

John

That did it. It finally opened a trade. I've tried all different lot sizes and finally dropped to .01, but was still getting the not enough money error. Changing mm to 0 finally allowed trades to open. Thx.

yeoeleven:
robp,

a superficial answer until David gets back is to get rid of the MM1 and set it to MM0 that will allow your account to trade the lot size that you nominated (.01) that is providing your broker will allow that level of trading.

John
Reason: