10points 3.mq4 - page 70

Terminator

Hi,

I`m new here... can you help me? i didn`t find the Terminator EA... can you post it here?

Thank`s

Fernanda

Sorry for my english (i`m brazilian)

Terminator

FernandaG:
Hi,

I`m new here... can you help me? i didn`t find the Terminator EA... can you post it here?

Thank`s

Fernanda

We can't help you because Terminator is being tested in the Elite Subscription forum. It has been posted previously but had to be removed.

If you want to test 10points 3 Dynamic Stop you will find it on page 18 here in this thread if you read pages 17 to 19 you will get an idea about the EA. Recently I have posted my presets and results.

John

Terry French:
Is it ever wrong and would it be helped if you could also use another indicator to confirm. and what would that indicator or indicators be?? will it also work on larger time frames??

up to you sir....but to me stochastic is good enought.... i add buy/sell when 15pip against me...

tf

abrs70:
up to you sir....but to me stochastic is good enought.... i add buy/sell when 15pip against me...

So you are saying you never have a losing trade based on the stoch combination you use. And if you do have a losing trade now and then, could it have been prevented with another indicator. I am just trying to figure out the best combination of indicators to use without relying solely on 1 indicator. The stronger the force pointing up, I will feel more confident about putting a buy order in and visa versa. We are just trying to figure out the best combination of indicators to guide the EA to get us in the trade in the right direction and with enough momentum to keep it going that way until profits are realized. Stochastics could be a part of that, combined with what. We are searching for answers. I like playing the divergence off the stochastics. thanks for your input terry

repport

my repport

FernandaG:
Hi,

Thank`s

Fernanda

Look at http://elCactus.com

Update on 10Point3 Dynamic Stop v2...

John,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been testing my revised version of 10point3 and everything looks good so far. It is handling orders as it should and I have even gone a step further so that it re-syncs itself if the EA is restarted for any reason. Sorry it has taken a while but I wanted to run it thru it's paces to make sure it works right before posting. At this point it forces long positions until the decision is made on what criteria we would like to use. I know there has been some feedback on this area but if we could recap in the next few posts to get everyone's take on it then that would be great. Once we have decided then I will add the code and post the new EA with some description on how it works. I would like to get it posted by early next week. Thanks again to all who have contributed/supported.

Matt

It would be nice if we could input out own pivot points and/or support/resistance levels into the the ea to work off of also. And by the way hi, Ive been fallowing this thread for about 2 weeks but I went back and read the whole thing. Haven't contributed until now cause im a novice programmer and a forex newb. So I figured no advice is better than bad advice.

the martingale mm is in principle a nice method. but when u risk the whole time the whole money its a question of time when u loose all.

i think the EA is to indiscriminately when it pick the trades. every time it opend trades. i think it used macd? macd alone u cant trade...

there must be a better way in open the trades and then martingale must stop after 3 attempts 0.1 / 0.2 / 0.4 or 1/2/4 lots. the positive trades must overweight the looses.

Revised version

mtaboneweb:
John,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been testing my revised version of 10point3 and everything looks good so far. It is handling orders as it should and I have even gone a step further so that it re-syncs itself if the EA is restarted for any reason. Sorry it has taken a while but I wanted to run it thru it's paces to make sure it works right before posting. At this point it forces long positions until the decision is made on what criteria we would like to use. I know there has been some feedback on this area but if we could recap in the next few posts to get everyone's take on it then that would be great. Once we have decided then I will add the code and post the new EA with some description on how it works. I would like to get it posted by early next week. Thanks again to all who have contributed/supported.

Matt

Matt,

pleased that you are progressing well with your revised version, I have just woken up in Australia to find that over the past few hours my forward testing 10 points on 3 different platforms has fallen into a large hole. I haven't analysed the results yet but it is clear as we previously knew that MACD alone is not strong enough to accurately decide the trade direction. Also when there is little in the way of retracement we need to reassess the direction say after 3 steps rather than continue for up to 10. Possibly your suggestion of closing the unprofitable trades can be incorporated into a direction change.

#1 tests Maxtrades7 starting from .05 using only EURUSD & USDCHF.

Overnight #1 closed off trades for both pairs after a progression from .05 .1 .2 .4 .8 & 1.6 I understood that it should have made another progression.

#2 tests Maxtrades10 starting from .01 with all recommended pairs.

Overnight #2 closed off USDJPY after a progression from .01 .02 .04 .08 .16 .32 & .64 That certainly didn't allow for a MaxTrades10 progression. On the statement GBPUSD is also trading .64 who knows if it will close off if it reaches 15 pips loss.

Obviously I have failed to understand how this EA actually closes and I am very disappointed to see #2 in an unprofitable position but looking on the positive side this progression has come at a time when the EA is under review and hopefully those problems can be looked at.

I have had little actual trading experience so would not be the best to make suggestions regarding opening and closing indicators fortunately your own experiences plus Terry's & abrs70 will give us an excellent start.

Thanks for your efforts on all our behalf and we look forward to testing your revised EA next week.

John

Files:
Reason: