Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 169

is there bollinger bands of averages available like bb of supersmoother or vema...?

Dear friends,

What does this green line mean in this report?

Why did it decrease a defect of ea or is it a situation related to the market?  

oguz:

Dear friends,

What does this green line mean in this report?

Why did it decrease a defect of ea or is it a situation related to the market?  

In that case a drawdown (it looks like a typical martingale EA from the picture)

mladen:
In that case a drawdown (it looks like a typical martingale EA from the picture)
Can we fix it in ea codes??

oguz:
In short : no

oguz:

Martingale works this way. You can have seven times luck and then your whole account hits the ground. How hard depends on how aggressive it is, but earlier or later it will. You need a lot of money to sit out the big trends you trade in the wrong direction. I think this is the systems No. 1 when 'professionals' loose all their money. No SL and betting against the trend without knowing what they do - there are worse ideas, but not many.

You see only a very low increase of money. Is the high risk, your nerves and your sleep worth it?

krelian99:

Martingale works this way. You can have seven times luck and then your whole account hits the ground. How hard depends on how aggressive it is, but earlier or later it will. You need a lot of money to sit out the big trends you trade in the wrong direction. I think this is the systems No. 1 when 'professionals' loose all their money. No SL and betting against the trend without knowing what they do - there are worse ideas, but not many.

You see only a very low increase of money. Is the high risk, your nerves and your sleep worth it?

it's not that simple . money management can be really tricky .. for example u can use fix ratio as a default & martingale the portion of profit or simply follow the momentum and double your position & stop/reverse if market goes against u ! this is martingale too and in some cases not a bad idea at all !! unfortunately not much written about money management which is somehow most important concept of trading. some say use 2% per trade which is just ridiculous .this is my all time trade related joke : don't use optimal f unless u wanna get optimally f*** ed !

KumoBreake:

it's not that simple . money management can be really tricky .. for example u can use fix ratio as a default & martingale the portion of profit or simply follow the momentum and double your position & stop/reverse if market goes against u ! this is martingale too and in some cases not a bad idea at all !! unfortunately not much written about money management which is somehow most important concept of trading. some say use 2% per trade which is just ridiculous .this is my all time trade related joke : don't use optimal f unless u wanna get optimally f*** ed !

Building positions is when you know what you do. Martingale is still having no clue but with luck we jumped on the trend train and can raise.

2-3% is for people who use indicators ok, I think. With PA it is more dynamic. You look for risk/reward, not for 2-3%. But all three aspects are equal: system, MM and your psychology. Fails one, fails all, even with best MM or system.

krelian99:

Building positions is when you know what you do. Martingale is still having no clue but with luck we jumped on the trend train and can raise.

2-3% is for people who use indicators ok, I think. With PA it is more dynamic. You look for risk/reward, not for 2-3%. But all three aspects are equal: system, MM and your psychology. Fails one, fails all, even with best MM or system.

actually there's 2 kind of  martingale: one in probably theory & one as a betting system .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martingale_%28probability_theory%29

let's say u follow strict rules for trading & trade more than 100k positions based on it on a  demo account and decide to go with it.okay from mathematical point of view what exact percentage of your real account should be involved in the first trade (beside f optimal, kelly criterion ,fixed ratios)? it has nothing to with your analysis ,it's just based on your past performance . i think this why one way or another all system fails cause market evolves and unless your using some kinda super evolutionary strategy , you're doomed (as all retail traders are)cause past performance doesn't mean shit  .

p.s: it is a fact that market behavior changes with regulation & i think these regulation changes have great correlation with political elections . so best case scenario u have one year to find a strategy and test (back-forward)it , 3 year to use it with real account and then boom "start from bottom - back to the bottom" 

Hey, MLADEN @mladen Is there and advanced indicator, which can measure the current volatility in real - time? So we could quantitatively know, what market state we got at the moment. Thx 
Reason: