THE IDEA EXCHANGE - page 3

Figar0:

Another at first, second, etc. - delusional idea, a fried beard, meet - "A no-loss system with elementsof martingale for the poor"!

1. Expose the initial position ---- open 4 orders - Buy, Buy, Sell, Sell at the same time.
2. Suppose the price goes up. When Buy + Buy > Sell, we close three orders with a profit. 3.
There is one losing Sell order left. Since the profit has been taken as a result of the price going upwards, we open two orders again, buy, sell, and on the level of the unprofitable price set a pending Sell Stop order.
a) The price goes upwards. In this case we again place point 2 (BAY+BAY) and set the SELL-STOP. 2 - ( Buy + Buy > Sell, we close it with profit). Only one Pending Sell Stop Order remains in the position. The position is fully closed and we proceed with point 1 again.
b) The price goes down and activates a SELL STOP which is similar to step 1 (4 orders BAY, BAY, SELL, BOY) but the only difference is that BAY, BAY have been moved to the position to take profit and spread from SELL, BOY. Then again with point 2.
The idea is given as I first heard it from pidchybii on the Alpari forum. Bullshit? - Delusional... And if I tell you that based on its motives I finally succeeded in writing an Expert Advisor that successfully works in my real account for over a year - would you believe me? And this is exactly so...
Thank you great idea I will use !!!!!

forexigrok:
NYROBA:
forexigrok:
I think there is more psychology in the market than mathematics

What is a psychology in the market? Explain it to me.
It is more accurate to say that mathematics only reflects our psychology. Bill Williams wrote perfectly: "All commodity markets are created by people whose opinions disagree on value, but there is agreement on price!!!" If I buy EUR for USD, then EUR has more value for me than USD, but for the one who sells it to me it is vice versa. And we are not trading currency, but only our beliefs. I believe that EUR will go up in value, and the seller the opposite.

Do not confuse the commodity market and the currency market. Currency is primarily for settlement and lastly for investment and speculation.

So the only psychology in the Forex market is your own, and no one else's. But it does not affect the market.

There is no "psychology of the crowd", "bulls", "bears" and other romanticism in Forex.

Topor:
forexigrok:
NYROBA:
forexigrok:
I think there is more psychology in the market than mathematics

What is a psychology in the market? Explain please.
It would be truer to say that mathematics only reflects our psychology. Bill Williams wrote perfectly: "All commodity markets are created by people whose opinions disagree on value, but there is agreement on price!!!" If I buy EUR for USD, then EUR has more value for me than USD, but for the one who sells it to me it is the opposite. And we are not trading currency, but only our beliefs. I believe that EUR will go up in value, and the seller the opposite.

Do not confuse the commodity market and the currency market. Currency is primarily for settlement and lastly for investment and speculation.

So the only psychology in the Forex market is your own, and no one else's. But it does not affect the market.

There is no "psychology of the crowd", "bulls", "bears" and other romanticism in Forex.

If the theory does not bring practical results, then it is an empty talk, discard it (the theory) without regret! :)

Mathemat:
forexigrok wrote (a): I mean a reversal play. Waves can be found right down to the minute charts. Personally, I'm not an investor.

The reversals, waves - the notions are so vague (in realtime, of course), that they all are not just ideas, but some kind of metaideas, far from being actually implemented in the robot code. To be specific, the thread won't turn into a fruitless rant about philosophical principles of being...

Matemat, what do you think about closing trades with small take profits?

I would like to make a small contribution. or rather try to continue the previous speakers.
I think there is both market psychology (similar to the psychology of crowds) as a bigger system and trader psychology as a smaller system. it is useless to study market psychology - it just wastes your time. it is important to understand yourself.
then... concerning mathematics. it is essential! and more from the money management perspective. Then you must know about mathematics, because money management can ruin a good system and pull out a less profitable one. After all, trading is simple in itself.
basically, what I write is more of a flood. because I don't share ideas, due to lack of them.
my principle is the importance of a set of tools. and everyone has his own.
to finish a quote from "Vatel" : Harmony and Contrast. That is what beauty is made of. (c)
including forex ;)

Leonid's post that suggested mixing a lot of seldom but aptly, probably trading, into one EA has slipped and disappeared... (Already jammed, or I've become blind:)) The idea has been floating around for a long time and I want to try it, but I have only 2 Expert Advisors, so it would not be enough ...

I have one more subset of this idea: the market is conditionally divided into 3 phases: 1.UPTREND 2.DOWNTREND 3.FLAT. For each of these phases (for the first and second, one EA will do), we select an EA whose task is to chop a cabbage in "your own zone" and not to severely lose money in someone else's zone (that's all). And then there are 2 options: either parallelize them all, each of which works with its own orders, or transfer the order management from one to another estimating the current situation. Of course it may come down to "Who knows what is around the bend?", but taking into account that the change of trend (especially on higher TFs) occurs less frequently than its continuation, and all we have to do is to earn more than to lose, it may work.

Z.U. I am going to try it now.

By the way, someone once wrote about stochastics being asymmetric, saying that you always lose on shorts. So there is no need to go against the trend. Can we do without trend indicators which are always lagging? I think so. For example, look for a trend reversal on a stochastic (or other indicator) on a higher TF and play in its direction on a lower one.

NYROBA писал (а): Matemat, what do you think about closing trades with small take profits?

I think that with your ambitions (without sarcasm) it would be better to choose profit not by small amounts, but by waves that you try to catch - well, not by 100%, but at least by 40. In any case, it will harmonize with the source from which you picked up your system. Remember the truism: "let profits grow, limit losses"?

And you shouldn't strive to bring absolutely all trades to profit. Better instead to optimise the profit factor (say 5 is already very good). Pardo seems to have a very good optimization criterion, but I don't remember it now. It's definitely not the maximum profit.

P.S. The good thing about swing trading is that the result of a trade (modulo) is roughly proportional to its holding time (with a small spread, or rather variance). This implies that the deposit changes roughly in proportion to the time. And you have trades with a result of a few pips and a few hours of holding time. Why do that when you can ruthlessly cut off a trade with a move against you and open the opposite one?

forexigrok:
By the way, someone once wrote that stochastics are asymmetric, saying that you always lose on shorts.

There was such a topic. They sorted it out and came to the conclusion that stochastic is symmetric and the problem was elsewhere.

But the trend in stochastics must be taken into account.

Mathemat:
NYROBA wrote (a): Matemat, what do you think about closing trades with small take profits? Is semi-automatic or automatic realizable in practice?

I think that with your ambitions (no sarcasm) you'd better select the profit not by a bit, but by waves, which you try to catch - well, not by 100%, but at least by 40. In any case, it will be in harmony with the source from which you got your system. Remember the truism: "let profits grow, limit losses"?

And you shouldn't strive to bring absolutely all trades to profit. Better instead to optimise the profit factor (say 5 is already very good). Pardo seems to have a very good optimization criterion, but I don't remember it now. It's definitely not the maximum profit.

Mathematician, by 5 do you mean stop loss or take profit?

And you're right about maximum profit, you can't make all the money. :)

Reason: