HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 41

bwilhite:
Hi all,

First post here (I think), although I've been following this thread for awhile now. FxCruiser, Nice catch on GBP/USD during european session Fri. There was another move also in the US session that I caught (demo) +54 pips. I hope to start doing more with HAMA now that my other trading is settling down into a nice nightly routine (end of day).

Thanks for the work Fx.

Hi, Bwilhite!

It would be very intersting to see those gorgeus trades on cable with pictures.

And don't forget that US session starts at 14:00cet.

THX.

SF

webicknell:
I agree in keeping it simple. FX, this is a great and simple system you have developed.

FX, I consider you the "expert" on HAMA and Spiritfriends, it appears you have a long experience in trading, maybe one or both of you (or others) can help me with my question.

HAMA is great, but appears to be for the quicker time frames (15 and 30 min)... can it be worked with a Daily TF with similar accuracy?

Because of my schedule, the daily TFs are more appropriate for my style. And a more general questons about using indicators in different timeframes... if an indicator works very good in a certain TF, should it not work the same in a longer TF like Daily?

Wayne

Like I said in an earlier post, the simplicity of HAMA tends to escape the eyes of many traders, including the Swing and Long Term traders. My friend Avery, the Radarscreen wizard over at the Tradestation side, once told me "I day trade for my fun, day to day money, I trade swing and long term for my retirement money." The images attached illustrate few trades entered on a non-MT4 broker order platform using the MT4 charts shown here. Again, its simplicity also gives us its flexibility and adaptability for use in higher time frames. Take a look and you may find your answer in these snagshots.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

safareig:
Hi, Bwilhite!

It would be very intersting to see those gorgeus trades on cable with pictures.

And don't forget that US session starts at 14:00cet.

THX.

SF

Here you go SF. I'm on Eastern, so I basically consider open to be at 9:30am and close at about 12:00pm. (I'm already up for a few hours at 9:30, so give or take a bit.) Sorry about the editing job on the chart. If someone would point me the right direction to make them look nice and clean like you guys, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Anybody want to share their stats?

Files:
gbpusd_trade.jpg  134 kb

bwilhite:
Here you go SF. I'm on Eastern, so I basically consider open to be at 9:30am and close at about 12:00pm. (I'm already up for a few hours at 9:30, so give or take a bit.) Sorry about the editing job on the chart. If someone would point me the right direction to make them look nice and clean like you guys, I'd greatly appreciate it. Anybody want to share their stats?

Hi!!

THX.

Ok, understood. It was not on Friday. It was on Thursday.

SF

Oops!! You're right it was Thursday.

Each week is kind of a blur lately!

webicknell:
I agree in keeping it simple. FX, this is a great and simple system you have developed.

FX, I consider you the "expert" on HAMA and Spiritfriends, it appears you have a long experience in trading, maybe one or both of you (or others) can help me with my question.

HAMA is great, but appears to be for the quicker time frames (15 and 30 min)... can it be worked with a Daily TF with similar accuracy?

Because of my schedule, the daily TFs are more appropriate for my style. And a more general questons about using indicators in different timeframes... if an indicator works very good in a certain TF, should it not work the same in a longer TF like Daily?

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Other than a major terrorist act happening,I need to know where the market is heading long term.I acheive that using Murray Math lines.I have them in the Hama charts only for this example.I have included screenshots on M15,M30,H1 and H4.All the same pair USD/CAD.You can see Wayne on the 15,30 and hour charts your out of your trade but with your H4 your sitting pretty and no where close to getting out.

I knew that a reverse would come around 7/8 and the 1st stall or support would be at 4/8 which is the pivot center.Then I wait to see if were headed to 1/8 based on daily projections not only with this pair but also the 4 majors.Now I need to know long term because I trade the real thing in a family currency exchange and it is no different than trading here.If I buy a large lot of eur,gbp usd at the window I need to sell it to a wholeseller to make my x amount of points on the deal.The great thing about HAMA is it also gets you at the window but clearly defines the door to collect the profit.

So the H4 gives you plenty of days Wayne to make your decisions and is easier on the nerves sometimes when your trading large lots.

Hope this helps,

David

Is there anyone willing to send me those HAMA PAD indicators? Thanks in advance!

jamejean:
Is there anyone willing to send me those HAMA PAD indicators? Thanks in advance!

send an email to fxcruiser & request for that indicators...u will get it.

regards,

cp6

CP6:
send an email to fxcruiser & request for that indicators...u will get it.

regards,

cp6

I've sent him but he didn't reply me, if you've had this indicatorse send it to me, thanks, my yahoo mail is jamejean@yahoo.com

spiritfriends:

Hello all Hama Pad traders.If everyone would indulge me for a minute,I would would like to share an insight.We've all heard the saying " Keep it simple _ _ _ _ _." (I hate that word).FX has given us all a wonderfully simple method here.I have traded since 1987 and delved in horse racing handicapping for 30 years also.There is a saying "don't handicap the handicapping".

I have seen fellow traders posting charts that I feel poisons the simplicity of FX's work and yes "to each his own".If I was a newbie I would feel very confused.It is tempting to add this indicator and that indicator to the V1 Hama Pad charts but i feel that defeats what Fx is attempting to do for us all.Each new version does add new insights, or is refined by Fx as his eyes have seen the needs for add ons from countless hours of screen time.There is no need to reinvent the wheel when Fx has successfully done that here.

This 1st version gives everyone what they need to live "happily ever after".Learn this so you can trade in your sleep.Any new version is just gravy.

Please everyone,don't take offense to any words expressed here.It is only MY observation.Embrace the vision that Fx is sharing.I hesitate to call this the Holy Grail,but I can say for sure it is the Golden Egg!

Thank you for letting me share and voice.Continued happy HAMA trading !

David Aka Spiritfriends

David Aka Spiritfriends,

I have saved this one for last. My friend, if I may, you have lifted my spirit. After a wonderful blessing and words of wisdom from my early "internet church", I logged on to HAMA PAD thread and your post stood out right on my very eyes. You have made my Sunday. Coming from a 20 year veteran trader, I am honored with your post.

I hope you find my next post appropriate. It was originally part of this reply but the last keystroke, I decided to separate it and will post it on the 25th, October..

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Reason: