CyberiaTrader..an amazing EA! - page 19

marketmover:
Hello, I am CB in Strategy testerand everything seems to be working fine except when i use 'timetradehoursDisabled' periods (GMT) 11,12,13,14

CB still executes trades at those times.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks!

Also, is it possible to use 'Auto Stop Loss Index' yet, have shutoff limit on loss. I notice that loss frequently gos to 50 pips so it would make sense to limit losses. Thanks!

YOu must convert these hours to your broker hour, Not only GMT

if your broker is +2 GMT the hour will be 13,14,15,16

Hello Team Forex,

CB works great in a demo. I am testing this in a live account soon and i will let you guys know how it goes. I will be trading 1 mini lot on a 500 account. If it works i'll trade 5 then 10 mini's. I guess it's money i can afford to lose but i'm not planning on it. This EA is impressive on demo. Over 3 months strategy tester i netted better then 400,000 with Risk .1 and Max lot 10. I get 43 percent return--unbelieveable, i think so. I'll have to see this live to blieve it. BTW this definitely cannot be used in volitile market conditions. Maybe after a regular hours day while taking a nap afterhours 'bonus' cash. Maybe i have my hopes to high. We'll c

OH, What does anybody think about using the broker version of metatrader. Could they tinker with this? Would i be better off downloading from www.metaquotes.net and adding the broker server? Is that possible?

I still havn't been able to get hoursdisabled to work. Any tips would be super appreciated.

Thanks!!

marketmover:
Hello Team Forex,

CB works great in a demo. I am testing this in a live account soon and i will let you guys know how it goes. I will be trading 1 mini lot on a 500 account. If it works i'll trade 5 then 10 mini's. I guess it's money i can afford to lose but i'm not planning on it. This EA is impressive on demo. Over 3 months strategy tester i netted better then 400,000 with Risk .1 and Max lot 10. I get 43 percent return--unbelieveable, i think so. I'll have to see this live to blieve it. BTW this definitely cannot be used in volitile market conditions. Maybe after a regular hours day while taking a nap afterhours 'bonus' cash. Maybe i have my hopes to high. We'll c

OH, What does anybody think about using the broker version of metatrader. Could they tinker with this? Would i be better off downloading from www.metaquotes.net and adding the broker server? Is that possible?

I still havn't been able to get hoursdisabled to work. Any tips would be super appreciated.

Thanks!!

The strategytester hasn't been found to be too reliable, a forward test with a demo is much more realistic. Are you testing the pro version or the opensource? Also, what pairs, settings, etc...

hoursdisabled is set in relation to where your broker is compared to the GMT. You must subtract or add accordingly.

I have not found the pro version to be so profitable with various settings on a forward test.

Forest

I've been trading this live for just over a week now on IBFX mini account using micro lots, yes you can trade 1 penny at a time,... its a great way to validate forward live testing with very very little risk to capital.

So far CT is doing great however it can lose profits very fast during volatile periods, make sure you exclude news hours, and session crossovers, you lose several hours of the trade day instead of losing profits and thats a fair trade...I think next week will be a solid week, since I spent this past week tweeking settings and getting used to its behavor

1hr

EURUSD,GBPUSD,EURJPY,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY

I'm also trading a demo session along side and the trades are near identical within a 1 or 2 pips, so it appears be performing well with respects to demo vs live...

Back test in questionable though because backtest shows huge profits even without excluding trade hours... so the proof is going to be in the forward test over a 90 day period, if it can make it through the rest of summer and then december, the worst trading periods of the year and just break even then it will have proved it self pretty well.

DudeWorks:

1hr

EURUSD,GBPUSD,EURJPY,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY

I'm also trading a demo session along side and the trades are near identical within a 1 or 2 pips, so it appears be performing well with respects to demo vs live...

Nice to hear it's going well. Keep us informed.

will do... one thing to notice is that is clearly loses at key times and those times tend to have a reversal in price and CT gets stuck going the wrong way, has anyone tested the EnableReverseDetector in conjunction with Cyberialogic ? if so have you been able to slide through the volatile periods?

How has the Pro version been working out? have you found profitable settings aside from the not so profitable?

DudeWorks:
How has the Pro version been working out? have you found profitable settings aside from the not so profitable?

No, haven't found much profitable yet on a demo account using the Pro. However I know I haven't testing many various settings yet either.

The developer just posted a recommendation of:

"Regular options, period H1-H4, Autostops (StaticStop = 0)."

From which I will use as a starting point next week. It is apparent that the time not-to-trade settings are of utmost importance.

Hello, could somebody add the capability to have more hours disabled. Current programing only allows 6 periods (hours) to be disabled. If i add more it nullifies one period.

Thanks,

Ryan

forest:
No, haven't found much profitable yet on a demo account using the Pro. However I know I haven't testing many various settings yet either.

The developer just posted a recommendation of:

"Regular options, period H1-H4, Autostops (StaticStop = 0)."

From which I will use as a starting point next week. It is apparent that the time not-to-trade settings are of utmost importance.

Forest,

Can you comment a bit on the AI feature of the pro version? Did you have to set Microsoft SQL in order to get AI reading from the CyberiaDecisions server? I am just curious if the AI adds value to the EA and we should add it to the opensource version. I see that CD is looking to get a server to host Neuron which is supposed to gather ticks and form a historical tick database from which Neuron will train and use to isse Buy/Sell decisions on different pairs. Still forward testing v 1.85 here with good results on M5. Same settings as posted initially.

forest:
The strategytester hasn't been found to be too reliable, a forward test with a demo is much more realistic. Are you testing the pro version or the opensource? Also, what pairs, settings, etc...

hoursdisabled is set in relation to where your broker is compared to the GMT. You must subtract or add accordingly.

I have not found the pro version to be so profitable with various settings on a forward test.

Forest

I do not use automated stops because its losses can become to big. Most wins are small so a big loss can cause a pretty steep dip in your equity curve. I am using the free version with a few minor adjustments. Also i cannot get hoursdisabled to work therefore i will live test this vesion manually for a few hours a day at trading times i feel are best. So far it has lost money on every news day or new york open where the market moves faster.

The pro version has some settings tp help identify market conditions. So far slow market or stagnant condition have preformed best on the free version. It is almost flawless in those conditions. Download the fixed free (opensource) version and settings and try these adjustments

EDIT. I have deleted part of this post that was related to the settings for CB that i gave good results on metatrader backtesting. It was a FAUTLTY TEST and THE REASON for that (good results) is because CB usually closes trades with a small amount of pips. Backtesting was NOTdone on a tick by tick basis. BEWARE of backtesting on a higher timefame priceaction---BECAUSE the higher the time frame the more points per bar. Metrader will close the trade on the close of the last bar. So if you happened to open a short with a 20 pip stop loss and the last price bar went up 30 you would have REALISTICALLY been stopped out for a loss. But since Metatrader uses a bar by bar study and if price retreated 40 pips on the same bar and CB closes the trade with a 10 pip profit. If the trade had been tested using a tick by tick study then your win would REALISTICALLY be a loss.

MY POINT: The higher the time frame the less acurate is the backtesting unless you are using Tick by Tick...SOOO the only realistic testing is tick by tick unless you use very wide stop loss. Just a suggestion in case somebody (newbie like me) doesnt know to choose tick by tick option for backtesting

Reason: