CyberiaTrader..an amazing EA! - page 13

can someone point me to pivot_day indicator. also great work so far ppl on testing this one. i will try changing a few settings and letting it run for a while too. thanks.

cturner:
can someone point me to pivot_day indicator. also great work so far ppl on testing this one. i will try changing a few settings and letting it run for a while too. thanks.

cturner,

Try to search MT4 indicators section https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forex-tsd.src/search

There are a lot of Pivot indicators.

fxspeedster,

I may forward test any versions 24/7 but it is impossible for me to set the timenews manually every day. It may be good if somebody coded it to do it automatically. For example if we know some newstime for one month or one year so it may be inserted inside the EA. Because it shoud be great if we will have preset files which are valid for several months forward testing.

CT New Version With Pip Timer Beta Version

Hi fxspeedster,

This is the feature you've requested. It is a beta version. It needs further test and improvement. You just decide the version number....

fxspeedster:
I wanted to post some more detailed specs about the PIP timer in the hope somebody can implement it. I asked Igor in particular but if he is busy maybe somebody else can do it. SOMEBODY PLEASE STEP UP. Here it is:

Declared Inputs:

bool EnablePIPTimer=true

double MinPIPProfit=6 (pips)

double TakePIPTimer=60 (seconds)

1. If EnablePIPTimer=true;

2. When MinPIPTimer >=6 activate TakePIPTimer (starts to count down to 0 in seconds) -- also you can make it count ticks instead of seconds if it makes more sense.

3. TakePIPTimer counts down: 60, 59, 58..etc.

4. Declare global variable double BestPIPProfit=0; this holds the best PIP profit that the position has attained so far.

5. Make BestPIPProfit=MinPIPProfit initially;

6. Get BestPIPProfit=current PIP profit

7. If BestPIPProfit > MinPIPProfit make MinPIPProfit = BestPIPProfit (this will be the min. floor PIP profit from now on for this open position).

8. When above condition #7 happens restart TakePIPTimer to initial value and enable it for counting..it is counting again 60, 59, 58 etc. down to 0 with the new floor MinPIPProfit.

9. Once the TakePIPTimer reaches 0 CLOSE the open order immediately.

10. If the current PIP profit goes below MinPIPProfit stop TakePIPTimer until again current profit is >= MinPIPProfit (the highest achieved floor) during this run

11. Display "PIPTimer: XX" under "Trading Hour" (inside verbiageandtimecheck()" in the right upper corner so we can see it when it is active and counting.

This is pretty much it, unless you can improve it as well. I think this will be a great feature for CyberiaTrader in order to make it much more profitable. Please post any questions and I will answer immediately.

Thank you so much for your help!
Files:

edited....................................

Hi,

I wrote TimerExit function for Cyberia too.

So you can make a choice between two versions.

Sorry, I can't test it because of bad Internet connection today.

Igor

Files:

Thanks igorad... we have so many people here now... So fxspeedster can be relax.... There is another version as well in free forum...

fikko:
Hi fxspeedster, This is the feature you've requested. It is a beta version. It needs further test and improvement. You just decide the version number....

Thanks Fikko. Yes you are right..we have 3 versions now of the PIP timer. I'll take a look at all 3 and choose the most efficient one. I also think that emka's idea on the the other thread to have the timer as seconds or as pips is a good one as well. I'll work on it today some more and will decide which one to use. Better have more options than none! Cheers

Cant say thanks enough. I'll test it today and maybe make a hybrid between all 3 PIPTimer functions that have been done. But if I know your coding..you write very short but efficient code Thanks again!

igorad:
Hi,

I wrote TimerExit function for Cyberia too.

So you can make a choice between two versions.

Sorry, I can't test it because of bad Internet connection today.

Igor

I'm testing last version right now and found some bugs.

So please wait for updates.

fxspeedster:
Thanks Fikko. Yes you are right..we have 3 versions now of the PIP timer. I'll take a look at all 3 and choose the most efficient one. I also think that emka's idea on the the other thread to have the timer as seconds or as pips is a good one as well. I'll work on it today some more and will decide which one to use. Better have more options than none! Cheers

There is an additional parameter to close order only after 15 minutes. This to avoid problem with broker. Don't forget to put this in.

Reason: