Heiken Ashi Idea - page 20

secretcode:
Mladen

Would you please check indicator in mtf mode because 'signal lines' not working properly in mtf !

(as shown in Round in picture)

ps: indicator set to Daily tf on H1 chart

Thanks for any help

secretcode

Not compatible with 600 built. Can you please modify. thanks.

salyvpaul:
Not compatible with 600 built. Can you please modify. thanks.

This is a version compatible with the new builds of metatrader 4

mrtools:
Sunguyeth, Didn't use the version you posted it has a whole list of problems it uses mode high and Low on its ma's instead of price high and low, then refreshing problems, etc.,etc. So anyway used this version, in which all the other problems with the later version are fixed. The picture using 4 hour Heiken on 1 hour chart.

Guys, could you please help me with the proper use of an indicator?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

There is the Heiken Ashi MA T3 mtf indicator in the post above, but for some reason, I can't get it's mtf function to work.

My problem occurs when I add this indicator e.g. to the EURUSD H1 chart, with a setting 'M1' written in the Inputs/TimeFrame lot. In my opinion, multitimeframing means that even though I'm watching an H1 chart, if a new arrow is drawn in the M1 chart, and 'TimeFrame' is set to M1, it should send a popup message or a sound signal that there is a new opportunity on M1. But that does not happen in my case. Do you know why? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, or whether I have a wrong concept.

Thank you for your kind reply in advance!

SummerJam

SummerJam:
Guys, could you please help me with the proper use of an indicator?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

There is the Heiken Ashi MA T3 mtf indicator in the post above, but for some reason, I can't get it's mtf function to work.

My problem occurs when I add this indicator e.g. to the EURUSD H1 chart, with a setting 'M1' written in the Inputs/TimeFrame lot. In my opinion, multitimeframing means that even though I'm watching an H1 chart, if a new arrow is drawn in the M1 chart, and 'TimeFrame' is set to M1, it should send a popup message or a sound signal that there is a new opportunity on M1. But that does not happen in my case. Do you know why? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, or whether I have a wrong concept.

Thank you for your kind reply in advance!

SummerJam

SummerJam

You can not see the lower time frame indicator values on a higher time frame

Imagine this : 1 hour chart and you want to see 1 minute data : which of the 60 1 minute values are you going to display on a 1 hour chart? And why will the rest (59) not be displayed? So, what would be the criteria that would display the "most significant" value of 1 minute values on a 1 hour chart?

All that would show just a small part of a lower time frame data and you would lose a lot of information

mladen:
SummerJam

You can not see the lower time frame indicator values on a higher time frame

Imagine this : 1 hour chart and you want to see 1 minute data : which of the 60 1 minute values are you going to display on a 1 hour chart? And why will the rest (59) not be displayed? So, what would be the criteria that would display the "most significant" value of 1 minute values on a 1 hour chart?

All that would show just a small part of a lower time frame data and you would lose a lot of information

Hi mladen!

Thank you for dealing with my question!

I see your point and agree with it 100%. Actually, I was asking about something else. Let me pose my question in another way.

1. The ’Heiken_Ashi MA T3 new[Alert] mtf.ex4’ gives a signal (popup message) when a new arrow is drawn on the current chart. (default value for Inputs/TimeFrame is ’Current time frame’)

3. Since I trade H4, H1, M15 charts, I need 3 separate charts of the same currency to get the signals (popup messages) for each timeframe (H4, H1, M15)

4. This means 3 timeframes x 10 currencies (that I trade) equals to 30 charts! (separate windows in mt4). That’s a lot.

My solution:

Let’s put 3 ’Heiken_Ashi MA T3 new[Alert] mtf.ex4’ to one chart. Set the the first indicator’s ’Inputs/TimeFrame’ to H4, the second to H1, the third to M15.

Result:

One chart (one window/currency) instead of 3.

How it should work:

In the background, the indicators (3) check the different timeframes (H4,H1,M15) constantly, and give popup windows when a new arrow is drawn on the specific timeframe (even though I'm watching let's say the W1 chart). So when I see the popup window, all I have to do is switch to the timeframe where the arrow has been drawn, and place the trade.

My original question:

How can I do that with ’Heiken_Ashi MA T3 new[Alert] mtf.ex4’? Even though I added 3 of this indicator to my chart and set ’Inputs/TimeFrame’ to H4,H1,M15 separately, I still don’t get the signals from those timeframes, even though I should. I have also tried with the values of 240,60,15 instead of H4,H1,M15.

Thank you for your reply!

SJ

SummerJam:
Hi mladen!

Thank you for dealing with my question!

I see your point and agree with it 100%. Actually, I was asking about something else. Let me pose my question in another way.

1. The ’Heiken_Ashi MA T3 new[Alert] mtf.ex4’ gives a signal (popup message) when a new arrow is drawn on the current chart. (default value for Inputs/TimeFrame is ’Current time frame’)

3. Since I trade H4, H1, M15 charts, I need 3 separate charts of the same currency to get the signals (popup messages) for each timeframe (H4, H1, M15)

4. This means 3 timeframes x 10 currencies (that I trade) equals to 30 charts! (separate windows in mt4). That’s a lot.

My solution:

Let’s put 3 ’Heiken_Ashi MA T3 new[Alert] mtf.ex4’ to one chart. Set the the first indicator’s ’Inputs/TimeFrame’ to H4, the second to H1, the third to M15.

Result:

One chart (one window/currency) instead of 3.

How it should work:

In the background, the indicators (3) check the different timeframes (H4,H1,M15) constantly, and give popup windows when a new arrow is drawn on the specific timeframe (even though I'm watching let's say the W1 chart). So when I see the popup window, all I have to do is switch to the timeframe where the arrow has been drawn, and place the trade.

My original question:

How can I do that with ’Heiken_Ashi MA T3 new[Alert] mtf.ex4’? Even though I added 3 of this indicator to my chart and set ’Inputs/TimeFrame’ to H4,H1,M15 separately, I still don’t get the signals from those timeframes, even though I should. I have also tried with the values of 240,60,15 instead of H4,H1,M15.

Thank you for your reply!

SJ

SummerJam

Try out this version

This one will write out exactly which time frame is raising the alert (some other changes made in he code, but now you will know exactly which time frame is the one that alerts you).

Thank you mladen, but the new version still doesn't function. I put the indi on EURUSD H1 chart with a TimeFrame setting of M1 , and I did not get any alerts on H1 that a lot of arrows appeared on M1 in the meantime. What is nmc btw?

SummerJam:
Thank you mladen, but the new version still doesn't function. I put the indi on EURUSD H1 chart with a TimeFrame setting of M1 , and I did not get any alerts on H1 that a lot of arrows appeared on M1 in the meantime. What is nmc btw?

SummerJam

You can not see 1 minute indicator on a 1 hour chart if it is not some "semaphore type" indicator (and that heiken ashi is not a "semaphore type" indicator). You can see only equal or higher time frames on a chart. Please read this post again : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Everything works just fine in that indicator

mladen:
SummerJam

Try out this version

This one will write out exactly which time frame is raising the alert (some other changes made in he code, but now you will know exactly which time frame is the one that alerts you).

Hi Mladen,

is it possible to make this indicator to just show the arrows?

Thanks

sardinhas:
Hi Mladen,

is it possible to make this indicator to just show the arrows?

Thanks

Here is a version with one additional option : Show candles. If set to true it displays like before. If set to false it foes not display the ha candles : heiken_ashi_ma_t3_newalert_mtf_2.01_nmc.mq4

Reason: