Heiken Ashi Idea - page 24

FXSwissTrader:
Thanks for the quick reply mladen. I am using the MTF indi from Post #207. Which option do I change to reflect the normal HA code and not the HA smooth? The default settings are

MaMethod - 2

MaPeriod - 6

MaMethod2 - 3

MaPeriod2 - 2

within the inputs tab. Which option do I change again? Alsojust to confirm, the default settings listed above is set up for HA smooth? Thank you for your help. Sorry for all the questions.

Set the MaPeriod1 and MaPeriod2 both to 1

Methods do no matter when you set the period to 1

mladen:
Set the MaPeriod1 and MaPeriod2 both to 1 Methods do no matter when you set the period to 1

Ok but the default settings I posted on the other post is the correct settings to revert back to smooth? I used your other HA smooth indi on the chart and compared it with the HA mtf and it didn't match on the same TF.

Edit-Maybe because the other indi default is set to MaPeriod - 21 and MaMethod- 3

FXSwissTrader:
Ok but the default settings I posted on the other post is the correct settings to revert back to smooth? I used your other HA smooth indi on the chart and compared it with the HA mtf and it didn't match on the same TF. Edit-Maybe because the other indi default is set to MaPeriod - 21 and MaMethod- 3

I don't know why they weren't the same

There is quite a few versions of HA smoothed and quite a few are wrong (you can easily recognize those - they never have a lower wick of the candle). Correctly coded HA smoothed when smoothing periods are set to 1, must always be exactly the same as regular heiken ashi

mladen:
I don't know why they weren't the same There is quite a few versions of HA smoothed and quite a few are wrong (you can easily recognize those - they never have a lower wick of the candle). Correctly coded HA smoothed when smoothing periods are set to 1, must always be exactly the same as regular heiken ashi

I'm using your indis because I know they are always of great quality. You're a wonderful programmer. Just one more question, the default settings for your indi on post #215 default is set to MaPeriod - 21 and MaMethod- 3. Is this correct for this smooth HA indi? Or is this a separately different indicator and not your traditional HA code?

Also, what is the option for better formula?

Appreciate your time on this Saturday. Have a great weekend mladen.

FXSwissTrader:
I'm using your indis because I know they are always of great quality. You're a wonderful programmer. Just one more question, the default settings for your indi on post #215 default is set to MaPeriod - 21 and MaMethod- 3. Is this correct for this smooth HA indi? Or is this a separately different indicator and not your traditional HA code?

Also, what is the option for better formula?

Appreciate your time on this Saturday. Have a great weekend mladen.

Version from post 215 is a version with a filter and is different from some other heiken ashi indicators. As of default parameters : I don't remeber why were they set that way. Please feel free to experiment with parameters (since alsmast all indicators need specific settting for specific symbols and specific time frames - there is no universal setting - which would be wonderful )

mladen:
Version from post 215 is a version with a filter and is different from some other heiken ashi indicators. As of default parameters : I don't remeber why were they set that way. Please feel free to experiment with parameters (since alsmast all indicators need specific settting for specific symbols and specific time frames - there is no universal setting - which would be wonderful )

Thanks mladen. Have a great weekend.

FXSwissTrader:
Thanks mladen. Have a great weekend.

That version with filter is rather interesting. You can set the sensitivity of it and with some experimenting, you can get some interesting results

Happy trading

Heiken ashi exit indicator

heiken_ashi_exit.ex4

Files:

HA difference by Alexander Gettinger

Formulas:

haOpen = (haOpen+haClose)/2,

haClose = (Open+High+Low+Close)/4,

haDiff = haClose-haOpen,

Signal = MA(haDiff),

MA - moving average with [Method] as type and [Length] as number of periods.

hadiff.mq4

haopen.mq4
Files:

Hi,

i'm experiencing a strange thing from few days with this indicator (heiken ashi MTF sw). When i attach it on a regular timeframe chart, everything works fine, without slowdowns.

Rather...when i use it on a range bars chart it causes a slowdown of the entire platform only when price moves. I tried with different range bars chart generators and the problem is always present. Please, i need to fix this indicator, it is crucial for my trading.

However i can't explain to me why just from few days it behaves like this. Same build, same broker, same template, bah. I think it could be the refresh buffers formula that doesn't perform well with offline chart. I hope it can be fixed

if it was the mtf function that creates problem, please remove it, i just need to have the heiken ashi chart in the separate window.

heiken_ashi_mtf_sw.mq4

heiken_ashi.mq4

thanks in advance

Reason: