Heiken Ashi Idea

Can anyone create a modified Heiken Ashi indicator that is based on a moving average instead of raw price data? Basing the Heiken Ashi on a JMA, T3 or Hull Moving average filters out whipsaws and makes the indicator extremely effective at pinpointing turning points. Almost too good to be true.

The Heiken Ashi in Esignal has this option built into the indicator. It is so effective that I've seen people who have used it for daytrading with good results. Too bad there is not one programmed for Metatrader.

Hopefully one of you programmers would be so kind as to take a shot at it...

Thanks.

Files:

I'm looking for this myself at the moment, I'm hoping a programmer has the time to take it on.

excite2:
Can anyone create a modified Heiken Ashi indicator that is based on a moving average instead of raw price data? Basing the Heiken Ashi on a JMA, T3 or Hull Moving average filters out whipsaws and makes the indicator extremely effective at pinpointing turning points. Almost too good to be true.

The Heiken Ashi in Esignal has this option built into the indicator. It is so effective that I've seen people who have used it for daytrading with good results. Too bad there is not one programmed for Metatrader.

Hopefully one of you programmers would be so kind as to take a shot at it...

Thanks.

Quite a few other people have contacted me and have this on their wishlist also. Hopefully the programming gods will be kind and help us out...

Thanks alot!

Raff,

This is fantastic. Can you make it as a paintbar over a normal bar instead of as a candlestick? If you need a picture, I can post one for you... simply as the way that ASCTrend colors the bars. I would much appreciate it!!

SB

Isnt the whole idea though that they are HA Candles ?

If it is a paint bar, It will then just be a ma cross signal.

I could be wrong though

Mart

scott TTM:
Raff,

This is fantastic. Can you make it as a paintbar over a normal bar instead of as a candlestick? If you need a picture, I can post one for you... simply as the way that ASCTrend colors the bars. I would much appreciate it!!

SB

Candle is good... but the shadow on the sell candles are pointing in wrong direction...

Also what is the code value for sma,ema,wma etc?

0 - SMA

1 - EMA

3 - SmotMa

4 - LWMA

Raff

can somebody do heiken ashi bars based on open price? =dont recolour oncurrent bar

More HAM

There You have

Raff

Ham

Hi...

Heiken Ashi Ma... You can use simple, expotential, smoothed, and linear weighted ma...

Raff

Files:
Reason: