Coding help - page 53

mladen:

along same idea as vertical line, is it possible to make a solid rectangle, like a 'key-hole' box that surround a chooseable time period, 4h, day, etc; that colours the inverse area of box surrounding to leave focus on blank box? if you get what I mean?

Thinking about ease of code maybe it would have to be, for say the 4H box, a black/clear 4H box inside a Daily cream/colour wash box. I hope that helps?

Thanks very kindly in advance.

what it means...

mladen:
What would the "unlag this indicator" exactly mean?

it delays in showing signal--that's what it means.

It can not be done

It is using 2 future bars in calculations and I guess that that is why whoever made it did it like that - to avoid classical repainting. If you try to solve that delay it will become a repainter

Ochismail:
it delays in showing signal--that's what it means.

Hi Coding Guru mladen,

i have an indicator attached here , i search for some versions, I combine into one here, i notice that the alert sessions code between the two versions have some main differences, and i notice that in live M1 chart they seems produce some different result in alert the message (may even wrong alert signals), could you check for me, which alert version code (1 or 2) is logically correct or better, or if you can have any amendment or improvement to it. also if you have that indicator to share, please share, many thanks.

Files:

annbeea

If you are looking for a cross of RSI and T3 smoothed RSI then the first version of alert you coded in the indicator is correct. The second one should not be used in that case.

PS: you might experience problems with that kind of T3 smoothing. Try using this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general instead as a basis for your indicator

annbeea:
Hi Coding Guru mladen, i have an indicator attached here , i search for some versions, I combine into one here, i notice that the alert sessions code between the two versions have some main differences, and i notice that in live M1 chart they seems produce some different result in alert the message (may even wrong alert signals), could you check for me, which alert version code (1 or 2) is logically correct or better, or if you can have any amendment or improvement to it. also if you have that indicator to share, please share, many thanks.

Change symbols on all charts with script EA

Hello,

I am looking for a script or EA which changes all Symbols of all open charts on MT4.

I would like to display 6 charts of one Symbol in different timeframes.

When I get a signal on my other computer, I would like to change the Symbols in MT4 fast to the symbol of the signal.

So I get an overview of the situation of the pair (MN, W, 240, 60, 5, 1).

Actual I use Esignal where the charts are linked to the symbols, but it is too expensive.

Thanks for answer

Pit

mladen:
This one originally can be found at the first page of this thread (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173235 )

It has been unrightfully neglected. Some of the properties it has (the very very quick response to sudden price changes and still very smooth in calmer periods) makes it a one of a very few that are able to response so quickly at a averaged value change (for example even the all known Jurik MA lags in some cases behind this moving average).

This version is a rewritten from scratch (a completely new indicator made) in order to avoid some of the problems the first posted version had (especially one case when the original could repaint) and it has been made a "normal" (no restrictions in bars, choosable price, and simplified code) indicator now. Along with the properties it has I think it is worth using it

Dear Mladen , can u plz help me with this coding concept.

I am trying to understand the basic theme behind converting simple indicators to colored indicators. So for this I started out with HMA Color indicator coded by u.

I understood following things from the code:

I tried to figure out how HMA was made into colored version and what i understood was that u added 3 additional buffers for this purpose , namely uptrend[], downtrend[] , trend[]

Trend[] was the array which decided whether it was an uptrend or downtrend. And this was determined through comparing ind_buffer0 and ind_buffer0. So if trend[] was greater than 0 we set uptrend as ind_buffer0 and downtrend as Empty. We do the opposite thing when trend[] was less than 0.

So in HMA color the basic array was ind_buffer0[] , bcoz it contains the values we need to plot on chart.

In TimMorris MA I am facing problems regarding the purpose of various arrays and variables. If possible can u plz provide any reference to any theory behind this code. Also why are we using a double array "work [] []" in plotting only a line. Also what are the 2 values that we are storing in this double array.

Regards,

Rahul

hi mladen

the rsi trial test is not mine stuffs, i do not know programming actually. i combine some sources from the web only, is that rsi repaint or not as you know?

by the way do you have adaptive t3 rsi nrp ? could it be share? many thanks

annbeea

As of first part of your post : yes, that version will repaint (it is due how T3 calculation is done and it has an error in it, that is why I told that it is better to use the other one)

annbeea:
hi mladen

the rsi trial test is not mine stuffs, i do not know programming actually. i combine some sources from the web only, is that rsi repaint or not as you know?

by the way do you have adaptive t3 rsi nrp ? could it be share? many thanks

Rahul

The how is non repainting multi color line drawn is simple and difficult to explain. Simple since metatrader strictly looks at the values of a buffer and then it "decides" what should be drawn and what not. Even simpler, it seems that they never thought that a drawing buffer can be drawn in more then one color and that is why we had so much repainting indicators. Complicated because if one does not see where the meatrader problem is, it is complicated to explain what does exactly happen and why it is not enough to have only 2 drawing buffers for 2 color line but it must have minimum 3 drawing buffers (2 extra drawing buffers for each additional color) so if you don't mind I would skip the explanation of it. If you use the CleanPoint() and PlotPoint() routines (you have them in the HMA nrp too) you should have no problem just remember that those should be used only for line drawing (not for histogram, arrows or any other kind of drawing)

As of 2 dimensional arrays (the "work [] []") : it is not used for drawing but for calculations. As you know metatrader allows only 8 buffers and if you need more you have to use arrays. In cases when drawing buffers do not allow us buffer usage for calculation, we must use arrays and I prefer to use 2 dimensional (or very rarely 3 dimensional arrays) since that way it is very easy to "widen it" (for example work is declared as work[][2] and I need one more calculating array all that is needed to be done is to change the 2 to 3 and then have work[][3])

rahul701:
Dear Mladen , can u plz help me with this coding concept.

I am trying to understand the basic theme behind converting simple indicators to colored indicators. So for this I started out with HMA Color indicator coded by u.

I understood following things from the code:

I tried to figure out how HMA was made into colored version and what i understood was that u added 3 additional buffers for this purpose , namely uptrend[], downtrend[] , trend[]

Trend[] was the array which decided whether it was an uptrend or downtrend. And this was determined through comparing ind_buffer0 and ind_buffer0. So if trend[] was greater than 0 we set uptrend as ind_buffer0 and downtrend as Empty. We do the opposite thing when trend[] was less than 0.

So in HMA color the basic array was ind_buffer0[] , bcoz it contains the values we need to plot on chart.

In TimMorris MA I am facing problems regarding the purpose of various arrays and variables. If possible can u plz provide any reference to any theory behind this code. Also why are we using a double array "work [] []"in plotting only a line. Also what are the 2 values that we are storing in this double array.

Regards,

Rahul
Reason: