Linked Charts

How would one link, say 3 or 4 charts on different time frames, so that when the symbol of one chart is changed, the symbols on the other charts change as well? Is there a way to change the chart symbol using a script?

drakerick:
How would one link, say 3 or 4 charts on different time frames, so that when the symbol of one chart is changed, the symbols on the other charts change as well? Is there a way to change the chart symbol using a script?

I don't know of a good way of doing this, but I would like to point out something related.

The objects placed on a chart stay with the chart when the symbol is changed. Try putting a vertical line on and change the symbol - the line stays. This also applies to other objects, like Fibs, trendlines, etc. This makes it impractical to use one profile for many currencies just by changing symbols. I think with other platforms that provide linked charts the added objects go with the symbol, which makes more sense if that's the way you want to use the charts.

The way I get around this is to have a profile for each instrument. Yes it is a nuisance.

Cheers

Jellybean

Never noticed the profiles before. They will get the job done nicely.

Thanks Jellybean