20 pips system - page 23

No, it is different.

IThis system was started from some Russian system for MT3 and when was improved many times for EA. Original system was similar with logic.

Time settings????

newdigital:
Just to remind some information:

20PipsExpert_v2.1 is here. M15 timeframe. Default settings, alpari broker but this EA will work with any broker so just change the time in the settings according to your broker. And please see this post for backtesting results. Original thread is here: EA, pre-set files for 4 majors and AUDUSD, backtesting results for AUDUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, EURUSD.

Please not that some links are from elite section. But EA is free, the settings are free and I did not change this settings.

And it is the results of forward testing (see below). Elite members may see it by statements and by pairs in pips and deposit currency and by open or close trades weekly and so on. But I feel that I need to post some information about this EA here.

Starting deposit size 25,000.

Trading pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF and AUDUSD.

by 1st of August totally 21,296.

by 1st of September totally 23,588.

by 1st of October totally 23,068.

by 1st of November totally 16,484.

by 1st of December equity 20,658.

by 1st of January equity 18,981.

by 1st of February equity 20,099.

by 3rd of March equity 21,013.

by 1st of April equity 24,426.

by 1st of May equity 22,739.

by 1st of June equity 30,503.

by 7th of June equity 30,587.

As comments I want to say the following. Look at backtesting results in pdf file. You will see that this EA is not profitable during every year. It is fully correlated to my forward testing results. BTW, it is easy and slowly going EA. The other improtant subject: this EA was created by it's own logic. It means that logic of the system was changed.

Just to re-mind: this system was initially created on Tartan's Russian forum (Tartan is famous coder). I traded this system manually and you may see my statements on this thread. So, this EA was created according to the other logic. Still may be profitable but different.

What to do with original logic? Because my manual statements were very very good. I want to say that original system (manual system) is much more profitable but we need to do something with losses. I mean that once per 1 months this system is creating losees (original one; not an EA with results posted). So it may be good iof some coder look at the original indicator which I traded with and at my original statements and ... may be ... we may reduce the losses in the slighly martingaled way: in the same way as 5th_element EA or V1V2 for example. Just for losses only.

Hi newdigital,

you wrote timesettings for GBPUSD GMT+2 is 12.00h.

Is it really korrekt for this market?

Before i have trade at time 7.00h GMT+1 open Market London?

Are your settings really korrekt?

I live in Gmt+1, so i must change your time settings in all pairs only to -1hour, is it korrekt?

Thanks

gatowman

I uploaded EAs on the first post of this thread. Defaul settings. 5 pairs. Alpari rus broker (GMT+2).

For example:

My settings for Alpari rus broker (GMT+2):

StartTime = 16;[/CODE]

If your broker is on GMT (GMT+0) so you should have the following:

[CODE]StartTime = 14;

It is just an example about how to set the time to open pending orders.

But you may estimate your own settings by backtesting.

20pipsEA this week forward testing results.

I am testing same version with same settings since June 2006.

EA is not trading often and proftable for some pairs.

EA and the settings was posted on this thread.

Newdigital

This is a nice system.

Is it possible to explain the logic behind the trades ........in simple terms what the E A does?It is important to know the logic behind the trades if one is putting real money on this E A.

How can I obtain 1m data from 1999 /2001?

Thanks

El cid

el cid:
Newdigital

This is a nice system.

Is it possible to explain the logic behind the trades ........in simple terms what the E A does?It is important to know the logic behind the trades if one is putting real money on this E A.

How can I obtain 1m data from 1999 /2001?

Thanks

El cid

It is something with high/low of the previous day + same strange logic. Read this thread from the beginning. I started to trade manually using one indicator. Then Igorad created many many versions of EA and just one of the version is profitable for some pairs. I am testing in elite section exact the same version with same settings which i posted here on some page.

Of course if we improve this manual trading system so we may improve the EA itself.

As to M1 data so I posted is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173295/page10

But it started from 2001. I do not have M1 data for MT4 for 1999 because I don't think that I need it: market was changed compleely since 2001 so backtesting since 2001 is just to be sure that system can work if market will be changed once again because of some event.

ND

I have made some progress on how this system works.It uses a pending order gap(gap between closing price and long or short entry) for example 25 pips.

It will buy a position at 25 pips(or other pending order gap) below last daily close,and it will sell at 25 pips above (or other pending order gap).It also cancels out orders on certain conditions when market is trending but i am not sure of exact rule.

It is a contrarian system

here is some of the code

Price = iClose(NULL,PERIOD_H1,1);

if ( Price < BuyPrice ) double Delta = ( BuyPrice - Price )/Point;

if ( Price > SellPrice ) Delta = ( Price - SellPrice )/Point;

if ( Price > BuyPrice && Price < SellPrice ) Delta = 0;

bool BuyCondition = ( Delta > 5 && Price < BuyPrice );

bool SellCondition = ( Delta > 5 && Price > SellPrice );

Regards

El cid

Yes, this EA is placing pending order in some adjustable (in the settings) time. One pending order in one direction: sell stop or buy stop.

This EA did not place sell stop and buy stop orders to choose about what is the better. Just one order in one direction only: sell stop or buy stop. And the logic is something about calculation: which order will be place tomorrow for example? Sell stop or buy stop? EA knows about it. I traded this system manually: there is indicator which is doing the same thing so everybody may trade manually (it was posted on this thread together with my statements - i traded this system on demo by indicator for some long time before EA weas created). And there is some explanation in word file or pdf file about this logic (about how EA knows that tomorrow will be buy for example).

By the way, this 20PipsExpert EA did some pips this week:

EURUSD: +40 pips.

GBPUSD: +120 pips.

USDJPY: -10 pips.

USDCHF: 0 pips.

It is the logic in this EA:

PrevPrice = iClose(NULL,PERIOD_D1,DaysBack);

BuyPrice = PrevPrice - PendOrdGap*Point;

SellPrice = PrevPrice + PendOrdGap*Point;

//FirstTime = false;

//}

Price = iClose(NULL,PERIOD_H1,1);

if ( Price < BuyPrice ) double Delta = ( BuyPrice - Price )/Point;

if ( Price > SellPrice ) Delta = ( Price - SellPrice )/Point;

if ( Price > BuyPrice && Price < SellPrice ) Delta = 0;

bool BuyCondition = ( Delta > 5 && Price < BuyPrice );

bool SellCondition = ( Delta > 5 && Price > SellPrice );

Why this logic is strange?

If we see from this code EA will open buy stop order if the price is below some buyprice.

What is price? It is close price on H1 timeframe (close H1 bar in the time of placing pending order).

What is buyprice? It is close price on D1 timeframe. For AUDUSD buyprice = D1 bar 2 days ago (DaysBack=2). I mean this: iClose(NULL,PERIOD_D1,DaysBack);

For GBPUSD DaysBack=1. Previous close bar.

For USDCHF DayBack=1.

For USDJPY DayBack =3.

Thus, buy order (buy stop order will be placed is closed H1 price is below some D1 close bar for some day. For USDJPY, for example: H1 close bar as previous bar should be below D1 close price for 3 days ago.

Of course DaysBack is adjastable in the settings. Strange is the following: current price is comparing with D1 close bar which was 1, or 2, or 3 days ago and making conclusion about what will be tomorrow: buy or sell. Logic is strange but EA is profitable. And manual system is good.

Euro/yen and usd/cad

Here is backtests for last 3 years

usd /cad and euro/yen very profitable

performance on cable from 1 1 2006

Thanks newdigital and iGorad for pursuing with this system.I am taking it two steps further with an advanced E A

Reason: