What Really Works From One Professional - page 4

FXGamer:
In this pursuit of the ultimate automated trader I have learned that there is no replacement for personal perception. All systems fail when confronted by the unknown but the human mind adapts.

My perception has wiped out more than my share of real money though. My perception lied to me!

I'm still searching for the Automated trade!

(there is no replacement for personal perception

My perception has wiped out more than my share of real money)

UMMMMM what did you learn ?

sorry I had to ask.

When a trade is going well, it is easy to be calm and disciplined. When it goes bad fast however, discipline goes out the window. Perhaps my problem is that I sit at my computer 15hrs a day anyway so why not watch my trades. Watching is half the problem sometimes. A rapid 30-50pip slide in the wrong direction will catch the breath of anyone I think. Better to allow the computer to do what it does best, crunch numbers and make mathmatical decisions while I play with new ways to help it make the right decisions.

I try to divert myself while still staying focused on trading but not the trade.

I rambled a bit but I hope you get the gist of it all.

jonnydenver69:
No, sorry i didnt get your gist at all, i dont think you did either. If you cant rely on yourself you're up shit creek. EA is, EA that, it's bollocks.deep down you know..This is a reality check, your not going to make money with an EA, it's that simple, the money it does make it will give back. Half of you are going to make great programmers, when it comes to trading, you're not. If you spent as much time and effort learning your own abilities, controlling your emotions, and trading what you see, you'd make it. Instead you're running around chasing EA after EA,back testing this, back testing that. well wax, on wax off grasshoppers...take a look at my trade from Friday, after i took a week off...Know where you are and know where you're going, problem is it takes hard work, effort and understanding. Why do you want to run EA, are you a hedge fund or unit trust manager, are you runninga CIS or a ICVC no you're not. Bet you're chasing a couple of majors and at least 3 crosses even bet your hedging, fuck me you need eyes in the back of your head.

hah good quote.. I agree. It is the same reason as to why most traders wash out. Controlling oneself is the hardest thing to do. When I look back on a loser trade the signals to jump out of it when it was in profit or when it was only a small loser. Controlling the mind to pay attention to all these indicators and not get seduced by watching the pip+- has been difficult. What do you reccomend? How have you overcome it?

no hope

FXGamer:
When a trade is going well, it is easy to be calm and disciplined. When it goes bad fast however, discipline goes out the window. Perhaps my problem is that I sit at my computer 15hrs a day anyway so why not watch my trades. Watching is half the problem sometimes. A rapid 30-50pip slide in the wrong direction will catch the breath of anyone I think. Better to allow the computer to do what it does best, crunch numbers and make mathmatical decisions while I play with new ways to help it make the right decisions.

I try to divert myself while still staying focused on trading but not the trade.

I rambled a bit but I hope you get the gist of it all.

No, sorry i didnt get your gist at all, i dont think you did either. If you cant rely on yourself you're up shit creek. EA this, EA that, it's bollocks.deep down you know..This is a reality check, your not going to make money with an EA, it's that simple, the money it does make it will give back. Half of you are going to make great programmers, when it comes to trading, you're not. If you spent as much time and effort learning your own abilities, controlling your emotions, and trading what you see, you'd make it. Instead you're running around chasing EA after EA,back testing this, back testing that. well wax, on wax off grasshoppers...take a look at my trade from Friday, after i took a week off...Know where you are and know where you're going, problem is it takes hard work, effort and understanding. Why do you want to run EA, are you a hedge fund or unit trust manager, are you running a CIS or a ICVC no you're not. Bet you're chasing a couple of majors and at least 3 crosses even bet your hedging, fuck me you need eyes in the back of your head.

Files:

some hope

drgoodvibe:
hah good quote.. I agree. It is the same reason as to why most traders wash out. Controlling oneself is the hardest thing to do. When I look back on a loser trade the signals to jump out of it when it was in profit or when it was only a small loser. Controlling the mind to pay attention to all these indicators and not get seduced by watching the pip+- has been difficult. What do you reccomend? How have you overcome it?

1st is entry, combined with timing, 2nd is money management, if its not going your, way ditch it and if its coming back past you its doing it for a reason. YOUR in at the wrong place. 3rd is target, you have to know where its going, if you don't then number 1 is all wrong. Momentum preceeds price, that will change before the price does. So why try and beat it with an EA thats never going to work, and show me one that does, why not go with the flow. Would i trust an EA with my money, might aswell leave it on the street corner for somone to find. Only thing i trust is myself, hard work, perseverance and belief in your own ability.

1 example, theres a new guy just posted looking for an indicator to hedge, need i say any more.

and this is why i know where its going.

Files:

continue

continuation from Friday, contain the trade..........picture paints a thousand words......

Files:

What system are you trading

Hello I am a newbie looking for Masters advice. The student will be the student as the Teacher teaches on.

JonnyDenver69 what system are you using and can you share it. I would like to stick with one system and go with. BTW is that a POT plant picture? Must be the hydroponics thing nowadays!

-Solidgold

everyone's a winner baby..

solidgold:
Hello I am a newbie looking for Masters advice. The student will be the student as the Teacher teaches on.

JonnyDenver69 what system are you using and can you share it. I would like to stick with one system and go with. BTW is that a POT plant picture? Must be the hydroponics thing nowadays!

-Solidgold

Hi, You're half way there, knowing you have to stick with one system and not chicken chase around..check out my trade today, no EA,same 1 major every day, week in week out over 2000 pips a month...

jonnydenver69:
Hi, You're half way there, knowing you have to stick with one system and not chicken chase around..check out my trade today, no EA,same 1 major every day, week in week out over 2000 pips a month...

confirmation, something we all like..........

Same major

jonnydenver69:

Hi JD;

Like your style. Did you pick GBP/USD based on volatility?