What Really Works From One Professional - page 2

True

Good post, thanks ....I agree, most indicators are lagging, the only one thats not is price and the expectations of where it will go. Past price movements will forecast future..i wont go off on one about wave movements or get all philosophical, theres enough grasshoppers on here already, we should all know. You have to find a system, learn it and stick with it, i have for 3 years.

A few weeks ago I was looking at Elwave and still have it on the backburner to have a relook. Would you recommend RT over EOD or is that simply a matter of Time Frame preference?

jonnydenver69:
Good post, thanks ....I agree, most indicators are lagging, the only one thats not is price and the expectations of where it will go. Past price movements will forecast future..i wont go off on one about wave movements or get all philosophical, theres enough grasshoppers on here already, we should all know. You have to find a system, learn it and stick with it, i have for 3 years.

Hi, RT cos then you can look EOD..best of both worlds.....if your positioning for few days, realtime will keep you in check, warn you of any impending changes so you can act acordingly...

i think people are sceptical, but the one undeniable thing is the market moves in waves..you dont have to be an elliottion, its not rocket science...anyone can learn..

Thanks JD. I think next month I'm going to do their 30 day trial and see how user friendly it is and or whether or not I have an affinity with it. In the past I have been weak at EW interpretation and the fact that the software does a chunk of it for you is a big plus unless I am misunderstanding their marketing info.

To perceive price is to know what it will do before it does it. So when you say perception is key, you are saying: look at the historical price action and you can tell where it will go next - purely technical.

If this is the case, any group of indicators would be predictable and reliable because they look at historical price movement to give you an indication of what will happen next. Your brain can be an indicator by storing images of price activity that repeat themselves. It is just another indicator - there is not perception. You cannot truly perceive the next move, only make a guess based on the data you have stored in your head.

I too have "seen" price movement repeat itself. But does that mean I have perception. I guess you could see it's 50/50 if I have perception or not?

JD, which elliot wave software did you find best ?, i do have metastock pro 8

any of their plugins ?.

Ever played around with gartleys ?, i already use fibb analysis extensively.

thank you

I think what you just did is analyse perception, without geting too philosophical thats what perception is...LOL.

yeah, i think we can all get a bit too grasshopper and philosophical. next thing we'll be making shaolin bells ring with our inner chi...iam not saying to know what the market does, but what are the odds on having a fair idea...the market moves in waves, market physcology....look at my last signal in gold.....but i have been long in thi since Aug06, at 434...

sorry aug 05...my mistake..

Files:
gold_1d.jpg  67 kb
Reason: