Universal MA Cross EA - page 21

Moving Average Starting

Hi FireDave,

I can see that you have a very extensive moving average EA and it is much advanced from a simple idea I am trying to begin with.

I want to have a routine that I can call up that will display for me the value of several moving average values at each tick mark, so that I can make calculations from their values.

I wish to eventually build an EA around some ideas I have that make use of moving averages.

Is is easier to use your example and modify or create simple routine as I described it? I still have much to learn about MQL4, so I think your example may be too sophisticated for me at this point.

Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks.

resalin:
Hi FireDave,

I can see that you have a very extensive moving average EA and it is much advanced from a simple idea I am trying to begin with.

I want to have a routine that I can call up that will display for me the value of several moving average values at each tick mark, so that I can make calculations from their values.

I wish to eventually build an EA around some ideas I have that make use of moving averages.

Is is easier to use your example and modify or create simple routine as I described it? I still have much to learn about MQL4, so I think your example may be too sophisticated for me at this point.

Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, maybe you could try this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173468 . Let me know should you need further assistance. Hope this help

moving average EA

Thanks,

I will look at it closely and will advise.

I appreciate your help.

I've been sucessfully using a manual trading system on the H1 timeframe with a couple of MA's, and I input my settings for this EA on a demo, but for some reason it seems to be trading on the M30 timeframe. I can't figure out why it chose this TF, nor how I would go about attaching it to the 1hr. Has anyone else had this problem/know of a solution?

Thank you,

Everest

Hi Siddesh,

can i ask u which EMAs u use? I reckon its a intraday trading system.

Incorporating Support and Resistance

Hi, firedave.

I like your EA. Great work.

I manualy use the position of the 10 and 24 EMA cross along with the Pivot lines to place the orders.

Based on the observation that the prices frequently wander around pivot line,

I place

- buy / sell orders whenever the cross occurs between S1 and R1 lines,

- only buy order between S1 and S2 ,

- only sell order between R1 and R2 lines and

- no orders any where else.

I have got very impressive results ( not even a single loss) with this method in my live and demo account. SL 150 and TP at 18.

My request is, can you please incorporate this trading restriction into your latest EA. I have attached the reqiured indicator.

I hope you will kindly respond and make this modification in the EA.

Thanks,

SIDDESH

SIDDESH:
Hi, firedave.

I like your EA. Great work.

I manualy use the position of the 10 and 24 EMA cross along with the Pivot lines to place the orders.

Based on the observation that the prices frequently wander around pivot line,

I place

- buy / sell orders whenever the cross occurs between S1 and R1 lines,

- only buy order between S1 and S2 ,

- only sell order between R1 and R2 lines and

- no orders any where else.

I have got very impressive results ( not even a single loss) with this method in my live and demo account. SL 150 and TP at 18.

My request is, can you please incorporate this trading restriction into your latest EA. I have attached the reqiured indicator.

I hope you will kindly respond and make this modification in the EA.

Thanks,

SIDDESH

I will see what I can do with your request. May I know what time frame that you use ?

firedave:
I will see what I can do with your request. May I know what time frame that you use ?

Hi, firedave,

I am happy to see your reply and looking forward your kind help. I am using 15 TF

Here is my detailed report using the method mentioned.

( I made few loss by using firebird in the live account at the starting in the live account)

Thanks

SIDDESH

tx

Tx to Firedave and all who positively contributed to this thread

Firedave, I’ve been trading a while and recently started looking into auto trading, looking for something that will trade according to my manual rules, EMA crosses. Your EA has given that to me and more.

Just finished reading the thread and will start with the testing phase, but with all the customization that can be done with the EA, all hail to you, tx once again and may you have a prosperous trading career and live.

Just one Q, since this thread started a year ago … does any one have life results to share?

sorry for this Q above, tx for posting the statements, may I ask what is your settings

Equity Protection

Hi, Firedave.

As I have forward tested this latest EA, I strongly felt that there should be a routine for controlling the equity, which can control the number of open positions.(This is present in the firebird latest EA).

I request you that please put this restriction in the EA .

SIDDESH

Reason: