Universal MA Cross EA - page 18

Hi Iscuba11

I have been following this thread and did a little testing on the original EA. It was somewhat successful but also got into some bad trades in demo forward testing. You say you have done work to perfect the EA. Are you going to post it with your settings?

Sabai

I have paid to have it modified since I am not a programmer ($80.00). The areas I had modified help to eliminate the majority of false signals. I am not finished with it as yet. One of its weaknesses is it getting in later than I want on radical news breakout moves. This may be corrected if I decrease my moving averages from 5 / 35 on the 1 hour to some lesser amounts (Yet to be tested). The Juice indicator with level helps much in reducing false crossovers, but is not the 100% cure.

At present I am working on another EA, and another outlay of capital. This one may end be better than the universal ma. Time will tell which EA will prevail. Once I settle with the best, I will release the lessor for public experimentation.

Unlike most of the people on this forum, I have chosen to invest in professional programming to obtain what is required. I have found it is the smart way versus wasting time and losing money on EA's trying to make others work. The universal ma was the exception to this rule. It has strong potential because it is written so well, but it has already taken much research to uncover how to handle moving averages to the degree it is now in my program, including filtering out invalid crossovers.

If you check out this forum under iscuba11, you will find I have asked a lot of questions, and rarely do I get a response. It would be a great help if the backtester was reliable also, but it is completely worthless. I should know something within the next week or so on further testing of both the EA's I am developing. The new one may end up being marketable, but more important, highly profitable??

Time will tell.

Dave

<<<

spread protection/maxixum spread!

please add a spread protection option to protect against ROBBERY spreads of interbank and others...

Thanks Dave

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I do more lurking here than asking, but that is beggining to change as I become more advanced in my undertanding. I think you may have the right idea on investing in programming (I am not a programmer either). This forum is very great for ideas, but discussion on many threads and eas seems to die just when a break through is about to happen.

I agree with you on the filter for the MA cross to ID only big moves and cut whiplash. I was thinkin of something that measures the acceleration of the rate of change of the slope of the MA or price. I am not a programmer either, so I get frustrated trying to figure how to put ideas to action. I would be interested to know what filters you are considering.

Sabai

Could someone please post the newest or most stable version of this EA?

I may have something to add to it.

Thank You.

JJLL:
Could someone please post the newest or most stable version of this EA?

I may have something to add to it.

Thank You.

see the first post

Can somebody give me the preset for this EA.I would like to forward test it.

Thanks

Universal Cross EA

Very good EA

rodrigokaus:
Very good EA

somme body have statements until today please

Hi Firedave

I've been desperately trying to get someone who understands programing to help me add exit levels to any MA cross EA and when I saw UniversalMaCrossEA I am blown away and I beg you that you ad following to your EA so that I can finaly rest.

-Partial close of open transactions as price crosess various SimpleMA levels(SMA would be a variable that you could set ). if you could add three + and three - levels that can be custom set. Also one should be able to set number of lots to close on each level.. In the end if there are still lots opened they should close on S/L, T/S or stop and reverse, whichever comes first.

I am willing to pay for this and you can still post it for anyone else to use. I've contacted other people and websites who offer programing for $ and its been weeks and no one even replied.. Please, please help. I will be grateful.

thanks

Reason: