Universal MA Cross EA - page 15

Latest fix still will not trigger a trade

firedave:
Hi Dave, it's my mistake. I should use iTime but I write iOpen DUH ! . I will change it and test the EA first before posting it again. Thank you for checking up this feature

I copied the EA from Post #1 and tried it out on the 4 majors yesterday - Never once triggered a trade. It still is not working. Suggest you retest your latest fix. Use a Vertical line as a starting point on the graph and see if it ever triggers after that line when a cross over occurs. [5 min - 5/35 EMA, MinCrossDist - 2, MaxLookUp - 20]. I did this on two seperate demo accounts. The Journals do not show any attempt to trade. Smiley Faces, Excellent communications.

Dave <

iscuba11:
I copied the EA from Post #1 and tried it out on the 4 majors yesterday - Never once triggered a trade. It still is not working. Suggest you retest your latest fix. Use a Vertical line as a starting point on the graph and see if it ever triggers after that line when a cross over occurs. [5 min - 5/35 EMA, MinCrossDist - 2, MaxLookUp - 20]. I did this on two seperate demo accounts. The Journals do not show any attempt to trade. Smiley Faces, Excellent communications.
Dave <

Hi Dave ,thank you for the comment. I do try it before posted it but on backtest and it works. Now I will try on demo. I will let you know my result. Hope this help

Hi!

Nice ea!

Can you add a shift property to the moving averages?

JCC

Problem possibly located on latest versions

FireDave, I put ConfirmOnEntry to False always. I do not want to confirm on the next bar, but on the current bar for earliest entry, then if it does not confirm, check additional bars using the MaxLookUp. When it is set to false, the backtester, and forward testing does not work. One bar later will equate to missing a major move like news releases. This I believe is the problem, it needs to be workable with a false on ConfirmOnEntry.

Dave <

Dave, hope you had a nice weekend. Have you had a chance to figure out how to address my post #146? Unfortunately, the EA will not work effectively if ConfirmOnEntry is True.

Dave <

juanchoc:
Hi!

Nice ea!

Can you add a shift property to the moving averages?

JCC

Will add this feature very soon. Hope this help

iscuba11:
Dave, hope you had a nice weekend. Have you had a chance to figure out how to address my post #146? Unfortunately, the EA will not work effectively if ConfirmOnEntry is True.
Dave <

Hi Dave, I'm trying to forward test several setup to check if the EA make any trade or not. I will try your setup too before I make any modification. Hope this help

Hi fire dave,

could u or someone else have a look at putting in some code for the uni-cross ea so that when the third ma is on an angle of at least 20 degrees or more the ea allows a trade only in that direction ?Im not sure how to code it

Files:

firedave:
Hi Dave, I'm trying to forward test several setup to check if the EA make any trade or not. I will try your setup too before I make any modification. Hope this help

Thanks! If we can get this ConfirmOnEntry [false] resolved, the ea will be a powerful ea. I can see how this may complicate the logic sequence, but without it being set to false, the program triggers too late on a major breakout (1 bar later). It can cause an entry to be at the top of a rise, and if the currency retraces before advancing again, you can get stopped out, even with a 50 pip stop loss (Happened to me). But if we got in earlier on the intial rise, we would not of been stopped out.

Do your best Dave!

Dave

<

Help

hi,

I tried to optimize some settings in the backtester and there the ea seems to be working fine. But when I run in demo account it does not place any orders after a cross.

Every thing seems to be O.K: smiling face si on chart and allow live trading is checked.

My settings are:

Expert_Name=---------- Universal MA Cross EA v7.1

MagicNumber=1234

StopLoss=180.00000000

TakeProfit=26.00000000

TrailingStop_Setting=---------- Trailing Stop Setting

TrailingStopType=2

TrailingStop=1

Indicator_Setting=---------- Indicator Setting

FastMAPeriod=10

FastMAType=1

FastMAPrice=0