Universal MA Cross EA - page 20

firedave:
Yes, you are right. One CAN NOT use this EA out of the box, because I DID NOT optimize any parameter this EA have. This EA need further evaluation to have optimum setting. And yes, I made the EA so anyone could play with their favorite MA setting. Hope this help

hello Firedave, thanks for all your hard work. Was wondering if you could take a quick look at the attached pdf and tell me if I can setup your universal ema to follow these basic trading rules? If so, what settings do I need to change/

Also for those interseted in improving backtesting accuracy, take a look at the attached file "Modeling Quality.pdf"

Thanks again

Files:

ver.2 MinCrossDistance (default 0)

Set the pip distance between FastMA and SlowMA to be consider as a valid cross. Use 0 (zero) to disable this filter.

I cant get this to work for the life of me?????

Any ideas anyone?

Firedave,

I was wondering if you can possibly allow one to put a comment in the EA such that when I get a popup, I will know which system I am testing since I use your EA for different systems involving multiple EMA crossings.

Thanks,

ET

C.E.O.:
ver.2 MinCrossDistance (default 0)

Set the pip distance between FastMA and SlowMA to be consider as a valid cross. Use 0 (zero) to disable this filter.

I cant get this to work for the life of me?????

Any ideas anyone?

CEO & Firedave(glad to see you back)

I have been working on a MA Cross EA with Wackena (Programmer) which uses pip distance between a FastMA and SlowMA (we call it "MASD"-Moving Average Separation Distance) for entry & exit. This is simply the divergence/convergence between the fast & slow MA's. We are trying to figure out a way to continuously monitor the MASD, and enter/exit based on their separation distance. We can't seem to get it to enter or exit properly and don't know if the EA is constantly monitoring the MASD, and if it is, why its not entering or exiting when the EA tells it to. Is it possible to integrate an indicator with the EA to trade when the entry/exit signals are generated or does it all have to be in the EA code? (I'm not a programmer as you can probably tell!) Any suggestions?

1Trader2

I think that this EA has great potential. I hope that firebird will change his mind and go deeper with its development

All the best

Hi Dave,

is it possible to close all the open trades by 21:00GMT everyday..please add this feature..

Thanks

Using this EA with custom time frames

Hi all,

Has anyone tried with success this EA on a custom timeframe which uses the period converter?

Thanks,

SaxMan

waaustin:
hello Firedave, thanks for all your hard work. Was wondering if you could take a quick look at the attached pdf and tell me if I can setup your universal ema to follow these basic trading rules? If so, what settings do I need to change/

Also for those interseted in improving backtesting accuracy, take a look at the attached file "Modeling Quality.pdf"

Thanks again

This looks like a very good idea to work on.

Barry

Need Help

Hi Firedave,

Great EA, I wonder if there is a way to reverse the stop order too, that is when hit position will be open in the opposit direction. and also if there is a way to make one stop for muliple entris, witsh will be the first entry stop.

Thank you in advace,

Reason: