Universal MA Cross EA - page 114

mrtools:
universalMA_Cross_EA + ecn 1.08 from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general updated to be compatible with new mt4 builds. EA was also upgraded with a new, timefilter.This EA needs the dema file I'm posting for it to work.

Hi Mr Tools,

I am backtesting your EA, but I don't understand if it is based on EMA or DEMA cross. Or on both?

I would put only a DEMA cross. It is possible?

Thanks a lots

Bixente

bixente74:
Hi Mr Tools,

I am backtesting your EA, but I don't understand if it is based on EMA or DEMA cross. Or on both?

I would put only a DEMA cross. It is possible?

Thanks a lots

Bixente

Bixente, yes if you use Dema, then it is only using dema cross then.

bixente74:
Hi Mladen,

may you help me? I'd like to add a CCI filter to your Universal MA Cross EA (Forex TSD - forex forum - Download UniversalMACrossEA-mod nmc.mq4). I'm not a coder and I understand my request be a little bit pretentious.

Bests,

Bixente74

I wonder how you will apply the CCI Filter.... what decision will you want to make with the CCI

If you can spell out what you need specifically, it will be easier to know if such can be added.

Blaiserboy:
I wonder how you will apply the CCI Filter.... what decision will you want to make with the CCI If you can spell out what you need specifically, it will be easier to know if such can be added.

Hi Blaiserboy,

I would like to distinguish between the beginning of a new trend and a trading range, but I understand it would be a little bit difficult through any ma cross...

It is possible to add to such a ea the slope value of the ma?

A moving average EA is going to take a hit in chop or range bound markets, that is the nature of moving averages, they do not always have ideal conditions.

By doing research on the lengths of the lines being used, quite a bit of chop can be avoided.

Personally, I would be reluctant to add one filter and then another to get better results. Instead I prefer to use longer data periods for testing, eg five years for a 60 minute chart. It takes forever to do the backtests but the results are a bit better.

Others may have differing views and suggestions and solutions.

My personal backtested advice: dema cross 80+240 for eurusd + hedging strategy when the price crosses the fast ma

EA is great - very flexible ... but

How can I add in a T3 Tilson MA instead of the supplied MA options?

(I believe this will be smoother but just as responsive as the SSMA I am currently using.

How do I amend the start capital on the back test?

Its currently £10K, want to model risk on lower amounts, is this MT4 dependant or part of the EA?

Which ever how do I amend?

The built in Money Management, I would like to have 2 levels of risk.

1st would be conservative trading a on predefined amount, (the deposit) the

2nd would be more aggressive, trading the funds above the predetermined amount, ie aggressively trading the profits.

STOP and LIMIT would be the same, just the risk % would be increased.

Thanks for any feedback

TramlineTrader:
EA is great - very flexible ... but

How can I add in a T3 Tilson MA instead of the supplied MA options?

(I believe this will be smoother but just as responsive as the SSMA I am currently using.

How do I amend the start capital on the back test?

Its currently £10K, want to model risk on lower amounts, is this MT4 dependant or part of the EA?

Which ever how do I amend?

The built in Money Management, I would like to have 2 levels of risk.

1st would be conservative trading a on predefined amount, (the deposit) the

2nd would be more aggressive, trading the funds above the predetermined amount, ie aggressively trading the profits.

STOP and LIMIT would be the same, just the risk % would be increased.

Thanks for any feedback

You will have to use the iCustom() call in that case in order to use T3

But if that is one of the versions of the EA without mql source, nothing can be done

Which version are you using?

Hi mladen I have attached a dema indicator that I like. I wonder if you or someone else on the forum could expand it for 2 dema (fast and slow) with an arrow and alert option at crossover? I want the slow line blue and the fast line red. Thanks in advance

Files:
dema.ex4  10 kb
dema.mq4  3 kb

slatusman:
Hi mladen I have attached a dema indicator that I like. I wonder if you or someone else on the forum could expand it for 2 dema (fast and slow) with an arrow and alert option at crossover? I want the slow line blue and the fast line red. Thanks in advance

Hi Statusman, made the fast slow dema with arrows and alerts.

Reason: