Universal MA Cross EA - page 118

Hello all,

I am using UniveralMACrossEA1.3.2 on build 830.

Is there a reason why, when having a negative value in either the fast or slow MA shift (FastMAshift/SlowMAshift fields), this EA will not open a trade? I want to shift one of the two moving averages to the left. When you do a visual strategy test, you can see the MA crosses when a shift value is negative.

Is this a bug in the EA or is there something fundamental that I am not comprehending? I suspect that it is fundamental and might have to do with the fact that because one MA is shifted to the past, the current bar 0 (zero) will never have a value. Is this correct?

I have not found any EA that makes use of MA "shift" to place trades or compensate for negative values.

My next question....Is there a way to modify this EA to calculate the value at the current time (bar 0), but using the value at the bar designated by the negative shift? For example, if I have 0 for FastMAshift and -5 for SlowMAshift, the current time (bar 0) will use the MA values from the -5 bar. (Forgive me if my terminology is incorrect)

I have been a reader here for a while now, but just signed up for posting. I've learned a lot from the forum, but there are a few things that I just cannot comprehend.

Thank you for any help or explanation.

/jar

Hi mladen

The present trailing stop 1 closes the trade much early when the market moves big. Also the Break Even option 4 leaves lot of pips on the table and taken away on reversal. I suggest a combination of Break Even + Jumping Stop combination like what Steve Hopwood using in "Multipurpose Trade Manager EA" I would appreciate if you can do it.

Smartconnect

I made a simple ma cross ea as an experiment and found that trailing stops may be punitive.

I did not use this ea for that purpose. I used 240 minute and 8 hour and daily charts and discovered that ma7 and ma120 or close to those will give some nice profits on most pairs.

Sometimes we try to make things tight and end up not getting what we could out of the strategy.

smartconnect:
Hi mladen

I have used the UMA EA fairly successful. Thanks for this EA survived test of time all these years and still going strong. I have a request. In this Martingale version lot sizes multiplies only when the "stopAndReverse" is set "True". Where as I don't want any trade to close in loss but the lot size keep multiplying until the market moves in one direction such that I close all the set of trades together in profit. I saw the profit loss functions in the coding but I don't know how to correct the way I want it. Can you please help me.

If you can make the above changes also if possible to add close all function with respect to the pair only to close the bunch of orders. This would help me save time also to trade in multiple pairs.

I am presently trading the above method manually by using EMA 15 cross 34 successfully. This martingale EA would help me. Thanks in advance.

Smartconnect

I made the above request earlier. I require this EA modified as above. Can some one do the modification.

My thanks in advance.

SMARTCONNECT

Has anyone any idea if this still works with build 840? It seems to on some brokers but not others. Any and all help appreciated.

erebus441:
Has anyone any idea if this still works with build 840? It seems to on some brokers but not others. Any and all help appreciated.

Check in the journal and experts tab of terminal if you get some error

If the error is 30, then set the EcnBroker option to true and it should work. If it still does not work try also increasing the Slippage parameter value

Hi all. I absolutely love this EA. I use a maximum lookup value of 100 (on h1) which allows the EA to open a new trade once my SL or TP has been hit as long as the entry logic is still valid. However, the EA will open trades irrespective of my last trade's entry price. This is very dangerous especially in instances where there is a trend reversal happening. My theory is that the EA should only enter a long trade if the current price is higher than the last entry price. Similarly, the EA should only enter a short position if the current price is lower than the last entry price. In this way, I could ride a trend until it's logical end without having to worry about huge drawdowns should the trend come to a screeching halt. I hope I made a little sense to someone Anyone willing to help on this matter please? Mladen maybe?

Realkenfx:
Hi all. I absolutely love this EA. I use a maximum lookup value of 100 (on h1) which allows the EA to open a new trade once my SL or TP has been hit as long as the entry logic is still valid. However, the EA will open trades irrespective of my last trade's entry price. This is very dangerous especially in instances where there is a trend reversal happening. My theory is that the EA should only enter a long trade if the current price is higher than the last entry price. Similarly, the EA should only enter a short position if the current price is lower than the last entry price. In this way, I could ride a trend until it's logical end without having to worry about huge drawdowns should the trend come to a screeching halt. I hope I made a little sense to someone Anyone willing to help on this matter please? Mladen maybe?

What would the last trade entry price change in the new trade opening? Wouldn't you lose signals?

spike_kd:
Hi ALL,

can anyone please help me - my break even positions seems not to be working correctly.

PLease have a look.

As you see my settings are - 40 SL, and I want break even after 20 pips. As you see on EUR AUD there is + 47 pips-but stop loss didn't change to break even.

What should I change in order to break even to be working ?

THX in advance.

ok, let me check it and get back to you

The way I see it, the last trade sort of acts as a filter. Picture a situation where a bullish moving average cross occurs in the region of 1.1900. I enter and exit long trades with a TP of 50pips and a SL of 25 pips.The last profitable trade in this rally is at a TP price of 1.2050. The trade opened after this one is a losing one.Once the SL is hit, the EA automatically opens a new long trade (the moving average cross is still valid!) at 1.2025 and once again I lose the trade. The EA shall open a new long trade at 1.2000 and the cycle continues until the moving averages cross for a bearish signal. Had the EA ceased opening new trades after the SL at 1.2025 was hit, I would be in a better financial position than I currently find myself in (hypothetically speaking). IMO, the EA should continue opening new long trade if the opening price is > 1.2050. Maybe FireDave can comment on this.

Reason: