Universal MA Cross EA - page 107

Hi,

I have a problem with break even - please see attached screen shoot. Can any one tell me how to make it work ?

I'm using ts type 4 = break even + lockin -but when the price reached 20 + 2 pips in didn't change the stop loss to break even. The problem is should I have the stop loss set - and then it will change it, because when I set the stop loss to 20 pips the ea didn't want to place the order-there was an error (TP/SL error), that's why I don't have any set now. This is all demo account so no worries.

Thanks in adnance

spike_kd

Files:

Hi,

I have problem with stop loss - I'm using this version : universalMAcrossECNmartingale + pl function.mq4

When I try to put the stop loss I have an error-screen atatched.

I upload my set file as well - can anyone check what seems to be wrong please ?

Thanks in advance

spike_kd

1.set

Files:
1_2.jpg  230 kb
1.set  2 kb

spike_kd:

Hi,

I have problem with stop loss - I'm using this version : universalMAcrossECNmartingale + pl function.mq4

When I try to put the stop loss I have an error-screen atatched.

I upload my set file as well - can anyone check what seems to be wrong please ?

Thanks in advance

spike_kd

1.set

spike_kd

As far as I know for Admiral markets you should set the EcnBroker parameter to true

mladen:
spike_kd As far as I know for Admiral markets you should set the EcnBroker parameter to true

Hi,

thanks for a reply - I will check

spike_kd

You're correct - everything is working fine

THANKS

New concept Idea

Hi all,

please see the picture - maybe we can use the idicators I attach as a filter and trend continuation .

__x2_price_zone_x.ex4

__x2_ts_signal.ex4

__mt4_ssl_tf0.ex4

__mt4_ssl_tf0.mq4

What I mean is - if the price is above ts signal, and above prize zone x and the ssl tf+0 both are blue we go long - and we either exit with tp set, or conditions change - maybe some good coder can put it into the EA.

This is just an idea of good filter condition - we can adjust the ssl +0 as we desire-especailly good filter would be 1440 time frame-so we can have a very good position.

These are Xard's indis - he is in this forum as well in another thread.

Spike_kd

Here are all the files

fx_tsd.rar

Files:
fx_tsd.rar  95 kb

Hi,

so is there any chance to put in THE EA the ssl tf +0 as a filter or not ? Anyone ?

spike_kd

mladen:
bolla609 Yes, you are right. Type 4 sets the stop loss to order open price +- breakeven pips and it does not apply trailing stip after that any more

bolla609

Hi mladen

I have been using UniversalMACrossEA V1.3 for the past four months. I find it very useful. I will share my experience and the my method of trading using this EA in my next post. The reason I quoted your reply is that I need the break even in addition to the trailing stop for my trading system. That is, the break even should lock the profit at 1 pip when the market moves 20 pips in the direction of the trade and from there it should trail at 35 or 40 pips. Presently I am using your trailing option 1, which simply trails at 20 pips on wards. many a times the orders gets closed at this very low breathing space of 20 pips. When I keep the trailing at 35 pips the trade returns to go negative side after moving +20 and above pips. I request you to look into this and help me with the 1) Break even and 2) Trailing stop both in the EA.

Also I would be glad to tweak the EA by removing Third EMA, DEMA and the Pivot options. I back tested/forward tested them in demo accounts and found them of no use for my trading system.

Thanks for all that you have been sharing here.

smartconnect

mladen:
bolla609

Hi mladen

I have been using UniversalMACrossEA V1.3 for the past four months. I find it very useful. I will share my experience and the my method of trading using this EA in my next post. The reason I quoted your reply is that I need the break even in addition to the trailing stop for my trading system. That is, the break even should lock the profit at 1 pip when the market moves 20 pips in the direction of the trade and from there it should trail at 35 or 40 pips. Presently I am using your trailing option 1, which simply trails at 20 pips on wards. many a times the orders gets closed at this very low breathing space of 20 pips. When I keep the trailing at 35 pips the trade returns to go negative side after moving +20 and above pips. I request you to look into this and help me with the 1) Break even and 2) Trailing stop both in the EA.

Also I would be glad to tweak the EA by removing Third EMA, DEMA and the Pivot options. I back tested/forward tested them in demo accounts and found them of no use for my trading system.

Thanks for all that you have been sharing here.

smartconnect

smartconnect

Did you try out the 1.3.1 version from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general . As far as I see it has what you are looking for

smartconnect:

smartconnect

Did you try out the 1.3.1 version from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general . As far as I see it has what you are looking for

Hi mladen

Thanks for your reply. I did try 1.3.1 earlier. But it had many mistakes in the coding. For example;

1. The Break Even function is not working for Sell orders.

2. The MM function is not working for micro lots even after "AccountisMicro=True". That is for for $10000 account it calculates correctly with 0.20 lots @ 2% risk. Were as it doesn't calculates correctly for a $1000 account @2% risk. It should be 0.02 lot size. Instead it just picks up what ever the fixed lot size given.

Can you please check the coding and correct the above errors.

Thanks

Smartconnect

Reason: