Universal MA Cross EA - page 104

Marcio

This post has a coding course, I am not suggesting that you have to be a coder, but knowledge of coding will help you.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general check out what this person has to offer as he has been involved for many years and his information is reliable.

The internet has some good information and some not so good information, experience will aid you ability to discern what is good and what is not so good.

There is a ton of information on this site, many excellent traders and coders have built this site into something very worthwhile and I think you could learn most of what you need from Forex TSD posts. I have spent many years looking at different posts on this site.

The hardest part is to know what you are seeking in the way of education and that will be what you have to decide as you search.

daveM

The first link is no longer working and apparently the second one i am not able to open due to some restrictions....

i have simple questions....again, i am studying and those questions are part of the learning process and this forum works on this behalf right? People bringing questions and ideas and others answering and getting everybody working together....

1 - For some reason evethough i have the smily face and get the alerts i dont get the message to open the trade (i have it manually)

2 - Dont the EMA´s lines appear after you place the EA into the charts?

3 - Do i place the smaller number into the fast one and the bigger one into the slow one? (I want that when the smaller one crosses up the bigger one it buys and the other way around).

thanks

here is a set file, not quite what you require but close..

When you run a test, not optimization....... the lines will be on the chart. be sure to tick 'visual mode'

Files:
marcio.set  4 kb

to_forex_tsd.pdf

Blaiserboy:
here is a set file, not quite what you require but close.. When you run a test, not optimization....... the lines will be on the chart. be sure to tick 'visual mode'

to_forex_tsd.pdf

Blaiserboy....

I tried to find the best way to open your .net file, as i never saw before and opended with word but it was quite a mess. I am still trying to find the best way to open it....i dont seem to find the "visual mode" any where,,,can you help me?

Also i got it running but when i put it into automatic it didnt close the open trade as it crosses the opposite way...i am attaching the settings i am using. If you could take some time to have a look i would greatly appreciate.

PS: the top of the pdf says to ask for manually trading but i just untick that box.

Thanks

Files:
to_forex_tsd.pdf  189 kb

The attached indicator seems to be derived from Renko. If I plot the average of the two current values of (Renko and kukus), will it also repaint? The attached indicator does not repaint.

Hey firedave, thanks very much for your fine work on this EA. I am trying to add a time delay but as i'm still low on programming skills it's going to take me a while. Anyway if you get any time to add this i would be very appreciative, and this may make things more profitable for you. I'm still picking the MQL language.

I am going to amend it so there is a delay of say 5 candles, after the cross before opening the new trade. Obviously it wont make the trade if conditions reverted. This has positive effects on cross systems purportedly, as it forces a trade to show follow-through after the cross.

As reference, I refer you to this article where he improves the performance of an EM cross system in this way (only on tradestation).

Improving The Moving Average Crossover System | System Trader Success

Cheers,

RXCOUP

Before you rush into modifications. take a long look at the variable 'MinCrossDistance', it just might do what you need.

sorry, double post.

thanks Blaiserboy,

mincrossdistance would certainly give a vaguely similar result, showing confirmation in any case. I will do some testing, many thanks.

Dear Mrtools/Mladen

Cud u plz set the max distance parameter to be distance of closing price of a bar from the slow ma

the curr setting is meaningless imho

Thanks

Sachin

Reason: