Universal MA Cross EA - page 80

Tested, but not as expected

mLaden/Any other experts,

The script found at MA Cross was not what I expected.

It runs:

extern int FastApplication=0; // 0: Close price

// 1: Open price

// 2: High price

// 3: Low price

// 4: Median price, (high+low)/2

// 5: Typical price, (high+low+close)/3

// 6: Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4

I hope someone can help me with this, where it immediately switch direction upon the prices cross the moving average line.

I hope this picture can illustrate the script.

qtwrer

In my opinion it is not a good idea to use pure price cross over average.

The problem you are going to have is a lot of false signals in some cases that will wipe your account out (even 2 moving averages crosses are having that problem in ranging markets but with one average left out, the number of signals in ranging market will be very big. Two moving averages are originally used in order to filter out the prices changes and that way to lessen the false signals number). Even on a constant range bars you are going to have that problem (maybe even more than on the regular charts)

qtwrer:
mLaden/Any other experts,

The script found at MA Cross was not what I expected.

It runs:

extern int FastApplication=0; // 0: Close price

// 1: Open price

// 2: High price

// 3: Low price

// 4: Median price, (high+low)/2

// 5: Typical price, (high+low+close)/3

// 6: Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4

I hope someone can help me with this, where it immediately switch direction upon the prices cross the moving average line.

I hope this picture can illustrate the script.

Love this EA

Im really enjoying this EA on my demo account.

One Question, possibly problem i have is the thousands of order modifications i get for every order made, my broker stopped my feed for a while and I am imagining that this could be the cause as had 10 pairs open in the 5M and order mods where happening really fast.

the order modifications are to the last digit of stop SL price and it does a modification at every digit change.

I tried back testing to get rid of them but no help there.

Any ideas, is it maybe in the code?

Files:
image_1.jpg  284 kb

Figured out its the TS that is causing it, order modify etc but have no knowledge on how to edit it.

So set SL TP and TS to 0 and am using a separate EA to manage all trades opened by this incredible EA.

Be neat if someone showed me how to change the modify order period to something like once every 5 minutes or or 5 pips.

I gotta give it a try

mladen:
qtwrer

In my opinion it is not a good idea to use pure price cross over average.

The problem you are going to have is a lot of false signals in some cases that will wipe your account out (even 2 moving averages crosses are having that problem in ranging markets but with one average left out, the number of signals in ranging market will be very big. Two moving averages are originally used in order to filter out the prices changes and that way to lessen the false signals number). Even on a constant range bars you are going to have that problem (maybe even more than on the regular charts)

mladen,

Do you know of anyone who can help me with this? So far, what I've got is entry when bar closed. How do I program it such that it entry immediately when it touches the MA line and only exit and re-entry the other direction when crosses to the other direction. Please help!

can anyone help me?

i am new to this expert advisor. but what im manually do for trade is use crossing between EMA 7 and EMA 21. If found this EA really helpful coz its the closest to my manual trading system. however, i found difficulties when im applying this ea.

1. the EA symbols says its 'on' and its giving signals, but it does not trade?

2. is it because im using mini accounts? or because im using mac?

3. i read in other forum that i need to change my magic numbers or five digits codes. is it the reason why expert advisor did not work?

thx for ur reply. im desperately trying to get the answer. thx anyway :)

Fajar Kertapradhana:
i am new to this expert advisor. but what im manually do for trade is use crossing between EMA 7 and EMA 21. If found this EA really helpful coz its the closest to my manual trading system. however, i found difficulties when im applying this ea.

1. the EA symbols says its 'on' and its giving signals, but it does not trade?

2. is it because im using mini accounts? or because im using mac?

3. i read in other forum that i need to change my magic numbers or five digits codes. is it the reason why expert advisor did not work?

thx for ur reply. im desperately trying to get the answer. thx anyway :)

Hi Fajar,

Not sure if I can help, but will give it a try.

First if haven't done so recommend you download Ea version from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general post # 736

To your second question far as I know it works on mini accounts, about Mac again far as I know it should, but on that am just guessing.

And your third question if you download the one above it will automatically work on extra digit brokers, and you shouldn't have to change magic numbers on different pairs.

Hope this helps you somewhat, if i find different info. about Mac will post it here for your information.

mrtools:
Hi Fajar,

Not sure if I can help, but will give it a try.

First if haven't done so recommend you download Ea version from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general post # 736

To your second question far as I know it works on mini accounts, about Mac again far as I know it should, but on that am just guessing.

And your third question if you download the one above it will automatically work on extra digit brokers, and you shouldn't have to change magic numbers on different pairs.

Hope this helps you somewhat, if i find different info. about Mac will post it here for your information.

i'll try it out as soon as possible.

thx alot for ur help :) really appreciate it

Fajar Kertapradhana:
i'll try it out as soon as possible. thx alot for ur help :) really appreciate it

No problem Fajar, any problems don't hesitate to let us know.

Time Frame?

How do you choose which time frame it trades on? Is it just the current one open? Thanks.

Reason: