Universal MA Cross EA - page 74

ECN version universalMACrossEA + ecn 1.01.mq4

mladen:
Just in case ... added support for 5 digit brokers, so now you do not have to recalculate stop loss, take profit and trailing stop. It kept the ecn brokers support (if your broker does not allow placing stop loss and / or take profit along with order opening, set the EcnBroker parameter t true and then the EA will take care of the rest)

Hi!

I've started to test this EA (universalMACrossEA + ecn 1.01.mq4 ECN version) and foundmistake in a code of TrailingStop option... It uses wrong pips for trailing SELL orders on ECN broker...

For example:

ECN = true,

TrailingStop = 10 pips (ECN broker),

opened SELL order in 1.00000 pips, TrailingStop will be on 1.00001 ...

BUY order on 1.00000 will have normal trailing on 1.00010

Can someone fix this bug???

I don't now mql4, bad for me;-) tnx!

Try it out now PS: made some more changes, so if you downloaded before the time this post was last edited, please redownload it.

stail7:
Hi!

I've started to test this EA (universalMACrossEA + ecn 1.01.mq4 ECN version) and foundmistake in a code of TrailingStop option... It uses wrong pips for trailing SELL orders on ECN broker...

For example:

ECN = true,

TrailingStop = 10 pips (ECN broker),

opened SELL order in 1.00000 pips, TrailingStop will be on 1.00001 ...

BUY order on 1.00000 will have normal trailing on 1.00010

Can someone fix this bug???

I don't now mql4, bad for me;-) tnx!

mladen:
Try it out now PS: made some more changes, so if you downloaded before the time this post was last edited, please redownload it.

There is still something wrong (may be only for me:-)) TrailingStop is moving back and forward, follows the price on 10 pips(for example) and don't fix profit...

Can you put there TrailingStop same as in original universalMACrossEAfrom the first post???

Did you read the PS from the post?

Re-download the EA and it should work OK (tested it now, and as far as I see it works as it should)

stail7:
There is still something wrong (may be only for me:-)) TrailingStop is moving back and forward, follows the price on 10 pips(for example) and don't fix profit...

Can you put there TrailingStop same as in original universalMACrossEAfrom the first post???

mladen:
Did you read the PS from the post? Re-download the EA and it should work OK (tested it now, and as far as I see it works as it should)

sorry It works! Thanks!

and may be, can you fix that money managementin this EA on simple, like:

lot size will be = AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000) / 100

Hi Firedave and everyone,

Sorry to bother you.I am new to this thread.

First, I have been testing your universalmacrossea and want to say you have done a wonderfull job! I find your work really extensive, as you have been able to incorporate so many scenarios.

The EA does everything I want except only one thing - would it be possible to make it open a trade without waiting for the signal bar to close?

Currently, I use the reverse mode. i.e I sell when the fast MA crosses the slow MA from below (I use the 1 and 21 MAs because what I am actually after is to open a trade when price touches the MA). However, I do not want to wait for the bar to close above/below the ma before opening the trade. I want to open the trade immediately price touches the ma (or better, 5 pips before it touches the ma).

Do you think this would be possible?

Hi, what MA's You use and minimal distance. I use 2 (SMA) and 5 (LWMA) and min. distance different. It depends of TF. TS also different. On m30 5pip on H1-H4 10-15 pips. Ea runs ok, but profit is not ok. EA one earn and loose. Did you have some universal settings witch are profitable for EUR/USD. Some body are testing other pairs?

xkubas:
Hi, what MA's You use and minimal distance. I use 2 (SMA) and 5 (LWMA) and min. distance different. It depends of TF. TS also different. On m30 5pip on H1-H4 10-15 pips. Ea runs ok, but profit is not ok. EA one earn and loose. Did you have some universal settings witch are profitable for EUR/USD. Some body are testing other pairs?

Keep in mind that this is a moving average strategy and that small take profit is not going to be satisfactory in all cases.

I find that I have to use a walk forward analysis in order to make sure I have things good enough to trade.

Also, my tests are using ten years data, I find better results that way.

You may find that GBPUSD gives better results

Files:

I try on back test this set's. On my account it do not work as yours. The same settings and go loosing.

xkubas:
I try on back test this set's. On my account it do not work as yours. The same settings and go loosing.

I just wanted to show you that this ea is very powerful and that you can achieve some excellent profits if you are patient enough to adjust the settings until you find what works on your data.

I am continually backtesting and optimizing two or three instances of this ea, every day , all day, I find it well worth my while to do so.

Best of luck with your testing

Reason: