The "XO"-Method......... - page 90

Wish List - Sound Alarm

Do we have some sort of an EA for this system. While a fully functional EA may not be desired or for that matter may not be possible , an EA to generate a sound alarm when the basic criteria for a trade is met can be extremely useful.

For instance a sound alarm when the ZZ MTF SUPER_TREND lines come together at the top or bottom

Do we already have something of the sort or should I add it to my wish list?

TF

Daily and weekly Trend

Hello all

If I'd summerize XO method that we are stacking the propabilities of 5M, 15M, 30M, 60M, 4H Trends on top of each other.

Would we not benefit if we also included the daily and weekly Trends?

Or do you think this would us keep out of to many trades?

I think this way we could widen the stops and hold longer to a position...

would it make sense..?

Regards

colbru:
Hello all

If I'd summerize XO method that we are stacking the propabilities of 5M, 15M, 30M, 60M, 4H Trends on top of each other.

Would we not benefit if we also included the daily and weekly Trends?

Or do you think this would us keep out of to many trades?

I think this way we could widen the stops and hold longer to a position...

would it make sense..?

Regards

Colbru, we are INTRADAY_Traders and for that reason, your suggestion will not work for us, but maybe for those who trade off the 4HR_charts and longer. I have not looked into that, maybe you could look at the options??

Best of luck with it............

TradeForex:
Do we have some sort of an EA for this system. While a fully functional EA may not be desired or for that matter may not be possible , an EA to generate a sound alarm when the basic criteria for a trade is met can be extremely useful.

For instance a sound alarm when the ZZ MTF SUPER_TREND lines come together at the top or bottom

Do we already have something of the sort or should I add it to my wish list?

TF

TradeForex, you will notice that the trade may not be "ON" inspite of the SuperTrends being ready and too many "false signals" makes the brain "switch off" to what the brain regards as "noise" - it is up to you to decide, but I think it is pretty comprehensive at the moment.

I am toying with an idea that one of my respected friends here came up with some time ago, but in a different context -if you read you will remember how he woke up in the middle of the night with a lady's voice from his computer?? - (it is working live already for 2 weeks). The idea is to keep you from losing your concentration if you are a full-time trader. If it works (and only then), I will offer it to you.

Best wishes.

Why my indicator differ from you all ?

Can you explain about this :

The colours are very important: Remember to change the first colour to NONE !!!!!!!The second colour is that of the actual indicator and leave all of them EXCEPT the 60M one on 0 or 1. Change the 60M one to 3.

(don't know where to edit this , which indicator ? )

2. CCI-55 is in "agreement" - that is, if the CCI-25 is >250 and leading the 55-CCI, don't enter. If they follow closely, especially when they cross the zero-line simultaneously, you may enter.

(don't see any CCI-55 or i overlooked )

1). WHEN THE PRICE CLOSES ABOVE / BELOW THE 25-EMA!

You are most welcome, especially getting used to working with Woodies' CCI and the "XO-method", but once you have grasped the effects of "overheating" (when the cci-6 or also called "turbo" hits the 180-line without the cci-14 showing a trade) or (when the cci-14 hits >250-line especially together with the turbo), you will soon start to enjoy the fruits from this method of trading.

(can you show it in my posted image)

nak71:

What is different, Nak?

Can you explain about this:

The colours (of the SuperTrends)are very important: Remember to change the first colour to NONE !!!!!!!The second colour is that of the actual indicator and leave all of them EXCEPT the 60M one on 0 or 1. Change the 60M one to 3.

Surely you took this out of the paragraph under SUPERTRENDS??? When you right click on the Oscillator, the window opening up will give you 5 options. Select "Colors" and make the first one "NONE". You may leave the first 3 on either 0 - 2 as default. However, the 60M one you select to have this width set @ 3 so that you can see it better.

2. CCI-55 is in "agreement" - that is, if the CCI-25 is >250 and leading the 55-CCI, don't enter. If they follow closely, especially when they cross the zero-line simultaneously, you may enter.

What is the setting of the Double_Woodie_CCI on your screen? That is the CCI.

This is for exiting the trade -

You are most welcome, especially getting used to working with Woodies' CCI and the "XO-method", but once you have grasped the effects of "overheating" (when the cci-6 or also called "turbo" hits the 180-line without the cci-14 showing a trade) or (when the cci-14 hits >250-line especially together with the turbo), you will soon start to enjoy the fruits from this method of trading.

The Magenta coloured line on the CCI is the "Turbo" and if you "look back" into the past month, you will see where it "overheated" - more I cannot tell you. Just experiment with it

nak, I think you're on a 1hr chart. should be 5M

nak71:

Can you explain about this :

The colours are very important: Remember to change the first colour to NONE !!!!!!!The second colour is that of the actual indicator and leave all of them EXCEPT the 60M one on 0 or 1. Change the 60M one to 3.

hi valeo i put xo mtf ind on and based on it it would have ended this move way to early even just the xo would to so if this is just an entry tool only then imo i personally dont need it cause you now entry is not as important as exit i am in no way knocking anything you have done here you have put in effort beyond the call but as we discussed before if you have an ind doing its job why have another doing same job only going to give you same info for instance if you use 2 oscillators they show same thing 1 is enogh then use a momentum ind now you are looking at market from 2 perspective and if they are in agreement then you have a better picture of whats happening just my opinion take a look at this trade this morning heres chart

Files:
4_2.gif  31 kb

Are these defaults RSI and CCI?

I'm thinking of adding of them to the template and I'd like to know the settings if you don't mind.

Thakns.

After been follow couple of strategies, I noticed that a lot of indicators (renamed) based on XO indicator, so I decided to check this post "XO-Method" out, and found it very solid, thanks to developer and all helpers to this strategy. Questions to those who use this method extencivly: what keep you out of flat market, and what is a hit rate of this method. I'm sorry if I don't uderstend something or misread.

Cheers to everybody

Reason: