The "XO"-Method......... - page 52

i am looking at your double cci explain how you use it

Entry Signal

ValeoFX:
I managed to take it on the 03h00 est candle and was scared stiff when it retraced, the rest is history and as you say, with a beautiful re-entry signal 5 candles later. Best of all, the exit was slow and easily taken.

It is the next entry that makes for good trading. Signal was on the 08h00 est candle on my screen, but I did not take it as I don't "see" any volume. Anyone like to comment?

Best wishes to all.

Hi Valeo,

You pointing out those entry signal does help.

As we are able to see the nuances of the system.

Please continue to do.

Thanks

Chatroom.

I was thinking of starting an xo method chat room. that way we can call trades together. I usually trade from NY open till 12PM est. Let me know what you guys think.

I already discussed it with ValeoFX, he is not up to it cause its just not his style, he prefer to concentrate on the chart and trade quietly instead of giving calls live at chat room.

jwoger:
I was thinking of starting an xo method chat room. that way we can call trades together. I usually trade from NY open till 12PM est. Let me know what you guys think.

Just look over chart for a few days (a week if needed). You will notice how it works, its really hard to explain all the nuances of this system. Im still trying to formalize all the rules for it, but it takes much more time on realtime testing. Therefore we must be patience with it. But basicly if you talk about CCI specific, then when its over 250 , means price moved up/down too fast and that is suspense, therefore we wait for retracement before entering position that direction. In slow days you can use lower level as filter (something like 150-200) Just watch it live after some time you will see how it works.

harold4x:
i am looking at your double cci explain how you use it

Files:
tsd-forum.gif  19 kb

ValeoFX:
Attached here is a screen-print of my entry this afternoon for the US session.

RED is set @ 450 and usually again, this marks the end of a trade and if you are in a trade and this happens, get out just shortly before the candle closes - Woodie suggests 22sec before the candle closes.

Hi Valeo!

Thanks for this great example! Its very helpful to see other people's analysis of trades, etc. Greatly appreciated!

2 questions for you:

1) I must ask a little forgiveness on this question, I'm sure it is probably in the back history somewhere, but I can't bear the thought of going back through ALL the posts for the THIRD time to find it! What are the extra indicators on your main chart screen? All the circles, dots and triangles? Looks like an a nice entry signal that is a bit different than what is included in Moneyline's "distribution" of the system. Looks like it has some different indicators for different entry strengths, and it looks like you might be using a different ASCTrend signal as well? Also, what are the little colored dots directly on the candles? I can't figure that out.

If you wouldn't mind giving a quick list of them, I'd be very grateful. Are they downloadable from this forum?

2) On Woodie's suggestion of 22 seconds - do you use a specific bar timer? MT4 doesn't seem to have one built in, unless I'm completely blind. Which of course, is always a distinct possibility!

Thanks again for your great work...

Very best regards,

cubesteak

Hercs Stochastic Indicator

Hi Valeo,

I noticed there are blue and white arrows on your Hercs Stochastic Indicator and they seem to appear when the blue and white lines cross. I have my Stoch set to 15/5/5 which is the same as yours, I believe. Why am I getting arrows when there doesn't appear to be any crosses? See attached chart.

Sorry for another newbie question, how do you use this indicator in your trading? I thought a Stoch indicator was for indicating over bought and over sold pairs? I also noticed you have levels at 5000, 25000, 48000 and 75000. I tried to put them on my indicator using the levels tab but they don't show up on the Stoch indicator. Two questions, what do the levels mean and how do you get them on your Stoch indicator?

Thanks,

Dave

Files:

downunderdave40:
Hi Valeo,

I noticed there are blue and white arrows on your Hercs Stochastic Indicator and they seem to appear when the blue and white lines cross. I have my Stoch set to 15/5/5 which is the same as yours, I believe. Why am I getting arrows when there doesn't appear to be any crosses? See attached chart.

Remember that the Stochastic is dynamic and not static, so therefore it may have crossed (computer reads the numbers) and then cross back as it carries in in the original direction - this could in fact be a very strong indication that the present direction is strong - unless in sideways market, it usually is a good sign.

Sorry for another newbie question, how do you use this indicator in your trading? I thought a Stoch indicator was for indicating over bought and over sold pairs?

When it crosses it is a very strong signal, firstly and secondly the reason for the levels are that when it hits the 75 and 25 it is the last opportunity to enter usually, depending where it "came from"

I also noticed you have levels at 5000, 25000, 48000 and 75000.

There is no such lines, look again!! It is in fact the 5% (oversold) / 25% / 48% / 75% and 95%(oversold) levels. When you draw a horisontal line on top of these levels, it reflects as 5.000, etc

I tried to put them on my indicator using the levels tab but they don't show up on the Stoch indicator. Two questions, what do the levels mean and how do you get them on your Stoch indicator?

Use a horisontal line and set the Parameter on the precise number

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave my reply is in BLUE inside your questions. Best wishes.

I will be online this afternoon................

I will be back this PM and reply to any further questions.

It seems that I have a problem posting my reply to Cubesteak, so I will try later again.

Sorry.

cubesteak:
Hi Valeo!

Thanks for this great example! Its very helpful to see other people's analysis of trades, etc. Greatly appreciated!

2 questions for you:

1) I must ask a little forgiveness on this question, I'm sure it is probably in the back history somewhere, but I can't bear the thought of going back through ALL the posts for the THIRD time to find it! What are the extra indicators on your main chart screen? All the circles, dots and triangles? Looks like an a nice entry signal that is a bit different than what is included in Moneyline's "distribution" of the system.

I do apologise for those to have "slipped through", but they are proprietry for now at least. I will take them off before posting next time - sorry guys!

Looks like it has some different indicators for different entry strengths, and it looks like you might be using a different ASCTrend signal as well?

The AscTrend is precisely the same one MoneyLine posted - mine is set to MM @ 5 as per my post and MoneyLine did not change it.

Also, what are the little colored dots directly on the candles? I can't figure that out. Those are the KPSArrow_Mod a la Valeo version - I suggest that you don't worry about them as you have enough to get use to for now. It is not propriety though and readily available, but I suggest you stay away from them for now.

If you wouldn't mind giving a quick list of them, I'd be very grateful. Are they downloadable from this forum?

2) On Woodie's suggestion of 22 seconds - do you use a specific bar timer? MT4 doesn't seem to have one built in, unless I'm completely blind. Which of course, is always a distinct possibility! I am attaching the CLOCK here for you.

Thanks again for your great work............Thank you for recognising the excellent work the guys are doing here - it is not only me.

Very best regards,

cubesteak

Trust this meets with your requests and wishing you best of the best, always.

Files:
clock_1.mq4  2 kb
Reason: