Great EA in backtest! - page 131

summary

FutureMillionaire?:
This thread seems to have gone rather quiet ... rather like the EA in question. My testing of 1.94ppf has generated only one trade since the market re-opened ... its first ever (for me). .... But at least it was a winner! Is this normal for this version?

Also, there was a little disagreement a little way back, as to whether this EA should be turned off during new times, or not. What is the concensus on that? ... and, if we need it, how can it be set to more than 6 TimeTradeHoursDisabled?

Given that it trades so infrequently, might disabling hours prevent it from trading at all?

Those of you that are trading using TimeTradeHoursDisabled, what hours do you think should be disabled? Looking at the calendar, there seems to be so many that may affect things, it's difficult to know which hours to allow

Would someone with a good understanding of the EA and the system please provide a summary and with the latest version (settings) that could be posted/attached to the first post. This way people can find out if they want to continue working with EA.

BrazilianTrader:
please use the last version. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174700/page82

what is time frame to be set?

So this is only good for Euro?

only good on h1 and Euro...

didn't try much other enviroments...

nix:

A while back I tested the following scenario:

Instead of disabling my EA at fixed hours like 13,15 & 19 GMT I checked the economic calendar and manually disabled the EA when there were news releases which affected the currency pair I was trading. I also had another demo account running simultaneously on the same broker where I disabled trade on 13,15 &19 GMT.

Conclusion: The EA where I manually disabled trade based on the economic calendar made more money!

Yes, I was thinking of doing the same myself, except that you've got to be "on the case" all the time. You can't go away and leave it, unless you're sure there's not going to be anything happening.

I'm currently running with all hours enabled, and it's just made a losing trade (at 15:14 GMT) ... one of the hours I was going to disable, but I didn't see any news that would cause this big (wrong direction) price change.

ps. but, as this EA doesn't seem to trade very often, it may be that, if you disable the system too often ... it won't do anything.

shohreh:
hi

on dec 1 ct opened about 3 trades all in profit(sell). i did a back test and analysed each and evry trade placed by ct since aug as thats how far back the charts on a30 min allow u to go. Anyways i found out and isolated a few variables which the developers here would like to work on

1) Trend should be analysed on a lower time frame as a filter for taking positions on a higher time frame. Dont know how thats possible for the programmers here to do

2) The second reason why ct looses a trade is actually due to the trailing stop. If the market direction is correctly analysed the default 15 pip trailing stop should be raised

2) The system also looses trades when it takes positions at market extremes.

So even if the system accurately analyses the trend at market extreme it wont detect the reversal on a higher time frame

So another variable within should say not to trade between those price levels. Here individual discretion should be used as what u consider as market extreme. Or perhaps use rsi above 60 as the no trade zone and visa versa

Hope that helped

Happy Trading

Hi, think that this is a good ide to identify the trend on a lowe TF and put the blocksell=true/false blockbuy=true/false.

And it will be good to add maybe a Channel Indicator.

Another Weekly report of my performance...

with comparative results (backtest vs. demo account);

Files:

One interesting consideration over CT performance in December:

- USA, at the end of the year, start with the payment, like "closing the balance"; of all their business, pple in USA do the same. Then FED forces the exchange rates down, in order to decrease the debt price.

- This makes the EUR.USD have an up trend at the end of the years, and it could explain CT mediocre performance, given it places MUCH more "sell" than "buy" positions.

Hi,

How to make CT work on TF5min? I'm trying to backtest wit this TF but don't work.

Thanks in advance

Reason: